Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Rainbow Six Vegas: PC or 360
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Rainbow Six Vegas: PC or 360 - Dec 31, 2006 04:28
Which version is the best one, PC or 360?
According to some of you guys GRAW was better on the 360 so I was wondering if it' s the same with RB6.
The PC version is cheaper and I can use mouse and keyboard with it so if the 360 version isn' t better then the PC version will do best for me.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Rainbow Six Vegas: PC or 360 - Dec 31, 2006 04:41
GRAW on 360 and PC were different games. The PC version was much more like RB6:V without the cover mechanic, and the 360 version was unique. The 360 version was technically superior and more of an action game while the PC version had/has much more depth and is much more tactical.

The PC and 360 versions of RB6:V however are identical in content. Obviously you' ll get higher resolutions and it' ll look crisper on PC but the textures in the 360 version are nicer. It depends on how you prefer to play really but don' t just think it' s an FPS because you' ll use cover FAR more than you might think and it doesn' t quite feel right with a keyboard.

The 360 version is my preference because of Xbox Live but if that doesn' t bother you and you don' t mind not playing on a large TV or having rumble etc then you might as well get the cheaper PC version.

EDIT: note that the PC version doesn' t currently support widescreen and like GRAW requires a seriously powerful PC (with say 2GB RAM) to get it looking anywhere near as nice as the 360 version.

< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 30 Dec 06 20:44:32 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Rainbow Six Vegas: PC or 360 - Dec 31, 2006 04:52
I played the demo for the 360 and I really liked it but I felt that aiming was a little to inaccurate with the analog sticks. Maybe I just need some time to get used to it.

EDIT: note that the PC version doesn' t currently support widescreen and like GRAW requires a seriously powerful PC (with say 2GB RAM) to get it looking anywhere near as nice as the 360 version.

I think my PC can handle it, at least well enough to make it an enjoyable game. The lack of widescreen support sucks though.
I need to think this over.
Is there a PC demo I can download somewhere?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 30 Dec 06 20:53:36 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Rainbow Six Vegas: PC or 360 - Jan 01, 2007 00:41
I dont think theres a PC demo yet. I ended up choosing to play it through on 360. Imo gone are the days when RB6 was primarily a pinsharp PC tactical shooter, at least since Rogue Spear.

I reckon Vegas was made more with 360 in mind, so that' s what it plays best on. Then again I haven' t tried it on PC yet. Like Majik said though, the cover mechanic and the whole premise might not translate so well to M+K.

The 360 version was cool though. The last few levels were the best. Cant really get into the multiplayer though.

< Message edited by choupolo -- 31 Dec 06 16:57:47 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message