Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The PS3 Thread...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
The PS3 Thread... - Dec 22, 2006 13:24
Since there are so vere few good new about PS3 here at Kikizo i figured we need a PS3 focused thread to talk about the awesomnes of PS3, i will update this post as more news come.

Gran Turismo HD demo detailed...

Thanks to famitsu, set for download starting December 24 via PlayStation Store this brand new demo will feature the all new Eiger Nordwand course enabled for normal and reverse racing, but thats not half of it, the demo also delivers a hanful of cars to try, 10 cars to be exact, and none of this are left overs but high profile cars from brand such as Honda, Lotus and Nissan, the demo will aslo witness the long waited début of Ferrari in the Gran Turismo world.

• Suzuki Cappuccino ' 95
  • Mazda Eunos Roadster ' 89
  • Honda Integra Type R' 04
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR' 96
  • Infinity G35 Coupe
  • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX GSR' 05
  • Lotus Elise 111R' 04
  • Nissan Sky Liner GT-R V Spec II ' 94
  • Toyota Celica GT-FOUR Rally Car ' 95
  • Ferrari 599' 06

Even tho the demo starts exclusively with the Cappuccino, clearing the time attack mode in a pre-set time, will unlock the next car, keep getting good scores and u will unlock a drift trial mode.

Kazunori Yamauchi -the producer of the series- also gave some very interesting details about the future of Polyphony Digital, among them...

-This GT HD demo will feature Polyphony' s next generation driving simulation engine.
-The demo won' t have online races, but will offer network rankings separated to the various cars.
-Replays from the top ranked players will be available for download.
-Polyphony wants to put both GTHD Premium and GTHD Classic into the new title.
-More downloadable content its ascheduled to come before GT5' s full release.
-An official announcement about Gran Turismo 5 will come before the next Tokyo Motor Show in 10/27/07.

Even tho this demos its " japan only" an USA/PAL version souldnt come as a surprice. Personally my only regret its that the Subaru Impreza racing car its MIA.

Resistance: Fall of Man Update now available...

And its quite stuffed, i´ve just downloaded the update and i marked the time, it takes exactly 3:47 minutes, then u have to quit the game and restart. The update its awesome, it fixed alot of problems they game had, some pretty obvious, others i didnt even knew where there, awesome stuff.

General

• Various bug fixes and formatting issues
  • Fixed a rare issue where a player would become invisible to all other players in a match
  • Added a barrier on Manchester, which was previously left out, to prevent players from leaving the playable area.
  • In Human vs Human or Chimera vs Chimera team games, all players on a
    team will show up as the same model to help distinguish between the
    teams.

Balance and Tuning

• Chimeran rage damage multiplier has been reduced.
  • Humans will now spawn with 1 frag grenade as well as the M5A2 Carbine
  • Moved the location of the flag in several CTF maps to help prevent stalemating
  • Chimera at max heat will now only lose health until they are at 50% health instead of going all the way down to 1% health.
  • Suicide will now increase the waiting time until a player respawns by 10 seconds in team games.
  • The L11-2 Dragon will now do extra damage to Chimeran players as was originally intended.
  • Most weapon damage values have been tweaked in the interest of
    balance. In general, weapons have been tweaked to deal slightly less
    damage.
  • The spawn selection algorithm has been modified to make players spawn
    next to enemies less often, and to spawn near teammates and squadmates
    more often
  • Enemies will now show up on the Human map/radar if they are within
    radar range of ANYONE ON YOUR TEAM and only in the following
    circumstances: They are sprinting or in rage mode, they are
    firing/attacking, they are jumping, or they are within range of node
    radar (Breach)

Ranked Games

• All maps available for ranked games
  • Map size determined by the number of players in the game
  • Time limits added for all game types that were missing them
  • Score limits for team deathmatch adjusted based on the number of players in a match

Character Sheet

• Wins/Losses are now displayed on the player stats.
  • You will now receive a system message when you earn a new rank.
  • Changed the requirements to earn some of the medals on the character sheet.
  • A player’s rank wont be sometimes misrepresented as lower than it actually is.
  • “Target Bomber” ribbon can now be achieved with the frag grenade as well as the hedgehog grenade
  • “Return a Flag” ribbon now displays properly. All “Return a Flag” ribbons earned prior to this patch will be restored.
  • “Multi Kill” ribbon will now be tracked. Unfortunately, no “Multi Kill” ribbons earned before this patch can be restored.
  • We have replaced the Skeleton skin with a new skin, the Mechanic.
    We' ve determined that the Skeleton is much smaller and more difficult
    to see on many levels than any of the other skins. The skins were never
    meant to give a gameplay advantage, but to offer you the chance to
    customize your character as you see fit, and we don' t want people to be
    at a disadvantage because they didn' t pick any one particular skin.
    Never fear, the skeleton may make a return at some later date, in some
    form or other.

Lobby

• You can now accept a party invite if you are in a game and the party you are joining is in the same game.
  • The results screen will now automatically rejoin the game after 30
    seconds instead of disconnecting from the game as it previously did.
  • You can now create a deathmatch game with a time limit as the only end game condition.
  • Fixed a bug where players joining a game in progress would sometimes
    be placed on the team that had more players instead of the team with
    less players.
  • There is now an option to enabled “Map Vote” for custom games. If
    this option is enabled, players may press triangle when they are on the
    results screen to vote on what map they wish to play next. This option
    is enabled by default.

Voice Chat

• There is now an indicator in the lower right hand corner to let you know when you are transmitting on the microphone
  • Voice chat is now “push-to-talk” by default in team games as
    well as free-for-all games. The standard button is L3 and it can be
    remapped. Open mic is active only for squad chat when you choose to
    join a named squad. In that case you still use the push-to-talk button
    to broadcast to your entire team. Other places where open mic is active
    are when observing in a limited lives game and when you are in a party

Interface

• Enemies are now represented as triangles on the radar and map.
  • The flag taken message will stay on the screen longer in CTF games
  • Squad members will show up as yellow dots on the map and radar (if it is enabled)
  • Buddies on your team will show up as green dots on the map and radar (if it is enabled)
  • Player names that are longer than 11 characters will no longer be truncated if they have a clan tag enabled.
  • Players in a squad will now be given an additional option to spawn near their squad in CTF, Meltdown, and Breach.

Since we are talking about Resistance, here goes an interview whit the big man at Insomniac, Ted Price, im glad he talked about the size of the game, i guess the rubbish data rumor was bs. only copy/paste, i hope u dont mind.

GamePro: What will Ratchet and Clank fans immediately recognize in Resistance: Fall of Man?

Ted Price: The weapons, absolutely. We brought a load of exotic weapons over from Ratchet and Clank. But we needed to make them a little more deadly, a little more visceral for Resistance. We tried hard to make sure we had a complementary group of weapons that avoided having, say, five machine guns that did basically the same thing.

GP: Are there any particular weapons from Ratchet and Clank that made the transition to Resistance?

Price: Not off hand. There are some that have similar functionality. You could say that the Shock Raptor in Ratchet was the shotgun equivalent in Resistance.

[Insomniac' s marketing director, Ryan Schneider, adds more detail]: The Sapper in terms of explosive globules, it works as a comparison to the napalm mod in Ratchet: Deadlock. But the globules that shoot from the Sapper can stick to the ceiling and all over the walls. It' s a great example of a weapon you may have seen in a PS2 game and how we' re able to take the foundations of the principles and really expand it into something a little more...grand.

GP: What does the PS3' s Cell Processor give you that other CPUs don' t?

Price: Because the Cell has eight SPUs that are available to use for highly complex mathematical problems, we can take things like our physics system or our navigation system or our collision system and have the SPUs crunch on those all at the same time so that we are doing a lot of parallel processing. That means that you get a lot more done per frame.

When you get weapons like the Hail Storm, which fires a lot of bullets at once, every single one of those projectiles is doing physics calculations whenever it hits something. But there are a lot of them out there. This means that if we had devoted a couple of SPUs just to those bullets we still have three processors to burn, you have the main processor and the other SPUs, which are working on other things.

GP: In terms of these wide-scale calculations, would you be able to do this something of this scale on a PC or on another console? Or is it PS3-only?

Price: We designed this game specifically for the PS3 and it really takes advantage of the SPUs. That said, I think we are only scratching the surface of what the PS3 can do, and that' s what' s cool about this console. As teams become more and more proficient with the PS3, you' re going to see bigger and better stuff.

Another thing that' s important about designing for the PS3 is that Sony' s hardware always let you get very close to the hardware itself, and there' s not a lot of layers in-between what you are programming and the hardware. That' s what' s our programmers are used to because we' ve been working with the PS1 and PS2 for so long. As a result, we' ve been able to be very effective with the PS3 from the very beginning. We' ve designed this game for the PS3. [but] if we changed the design we could be on the Xbox 360 or PC. You could say that about any game.

GP: What' s it like programming for the Cell? What' s the learning curve like?

Price: Challenging, absolutely. We went from a single-processor paradigm to a multi-processor paradigm. For us as a company, we took some time to get it down. But from the very beginning because we knew what the Cell' s architecture was going to be like, we began to prepare for the big jump from PS2 to PS3. That said, we' re still uncovering ways to maximize potential for the PS3 and will be doing so for awhile.

GP: Speaking of giant generational leaps, does Resistance really use 22GB on a Blu-ray disc?

Price: No, it doesn' t. We actually cut back to 16GB. We have a lot of data to create those levels, those assets are so much more complex than anything we' ve been able to build in the past. All those assets take up space. You' ve got a lot more maps per character, characters that use significantly more polygons than previous characters. Ratchet had 20-30 animations per character and in Resistance we have 300-400 animations for some of our characters.

Sound has also gotten much bigger, and it' s also higher fidelity [and] in 7.1. HD video takes a lot of space as well. So the list kind of just goes on and on. Basically, as a developer, it' s great to have a storage medium like the Blu-ray because it' s room for us to continue to grow.

GP: Does Blu-ray offer an advantage to make one version of the game and then ship it around more efficiently?

Price: Yes. [The game is a] world-wide release which you can play in Japanese or Korean, any of the European languages. And why we are 16GB vs. 22GB is because we learned from out friends in Europe that we could play movies in NTSC, not PAL, and that freed up a lot of space. That' s really why we are 16GB. If we really wanted to be 22GB for marketing purposes we could have, it just would have been a little disingenuous at the end of the day.

GP: What kind of slashes would you have to do to squeeze a game like Resistance onto a standard DVD?

Price: [Laughs] We couldn' t. The game, as built, would simply not fit. We would have to take out entire levels of the game and that' s just not cool. The game doesn' t work if you don' t have all the levels. We built the gameplay around the story and removing a couple levels means the story falls apart and there' s no reason to play the game.

GP: Phil Harrison told me recently he thinks 50GB is sort of the new benchmark for PS3 games. What could possibly take up that much space?

Price: [You could] have more levels, more creatures, more skins, more variation in terms of the texture set that you' re using. A better example relevant to Resistance is, if you' ve got a lot of soldiers who talk all the time, you need to make sure you have varied dialogue in all the [international] languages, you' ve got to be recording a lot more lines than you used on the PS2 or other consoles. That takes up a ton of space. You can take up a lot of space with just sound.

GP: Is the game set at 720p only? No 1080i?

Price: Well, it' s native 720p, which is much better than 1080i. The funny thing is when you say " 1080i," people automatically assume it' s better than 720p because it' s a bigger number. But, 720p is smoother.

GP: What are your thoughts on the PS3 not including rumble in the Sixaxis controller? Does that move upset you?

Price: In Resistance, you' re getting hit a lot and firing all the time. If we were to use the rumble like we did in Ratchet, it would never stop rumbling. That' s one potential drawback. Me personally, I like the lighter controller. And I actually like the way the controller feels in terms of the way the dead zones between the sticks have been decreased. Nobody here really misses it.

GP: So you haven' t done a first-person shooter [since Disrupter, an early PS1 game]. What was it like to come back to the genre?

Price: This was a great chance for us to branch out as a company, and we saw a perfect opportunity to start a new franchise that would look attractive to the early adopters of the PS3 and beyond.

GP: Where did the inspiration come from to make a first-person shooter?

Price: Most of our inspiration comes from movies and book, not necessarily other first-person shooters. I mean, we play other first-person shooters, but we are very conscious about the need to separate ourselves from the others because it' s inevitable we' ll get compared to others.

< Message edited by Fernandino -- 22 Dec 06 8:04:58 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Dec 22, 2006 14:31
meh... Threads like this are lame.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Dec 22, 2006 18:51
A PS3 thread hmmm let me see so there will be what 1 or 2 people posting in the thread about a system that has
A) Been on a very small scale release, so this will become a wannabe elitiest thread
B) So over priced that the " awesomeness" goes out of the window, for £499 I can think of a lot better things to do with the money.

Review something that is not out to the masses is a bit like reviewing a Space mission to the moon, it lacks gravity.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Dec 22, 2006 22:34

GP: Does Blu-ray offer an advantage to make one version of the game and then ship it around more efficiently?

Price: Yes. [The game is a] world-wide release which you can play in Japanese or Korean, any of the European languages. And why we are 16GB vs. 22GB is because we learned from out friends in Europe that we could play movies in NTSC, not PAL, and that freed up a lot of space.

...is that also why Resistance' s colour palette looks greyish and slightly dull? ...doesn' t NTSC as a video format suck a$$ compared to PAL?...

...sounds like a cheap short-cut to me, especially since PS3' s new HDMI format is supposed to produce the best colour fidelity available...
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Dec 23, 2006 02:11

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

Price: Yes. [The game is a] world-wide release which you can play in Japanese or Korean, any of the European languages. And why we are 16GB vs. 22GB is because we learned from out friends in Europe that we could play movies in NTSC, not PAL, and that freed up a lot of space.

...is that also why Resistance' s colour palette looks greyish and slightly dull? ...doesn' t NTSC as a video format suck a$$ compared to PAL?...

...sounds like a cheap short-cut to me, especially since PS3' s new HDMI format is supposed to produce the best colour fidelity available...

Thats all apples and oranges bish.
NTSC and PAL was referring to the fact that 50hz fmv wasn' t included because they found out they could have the ps3 convert it on the fly or something so they could remove the 50hz fmv thus saving the space.
The colour palatte is so gray-ish because that is the art direction insomniac went for, not a limitation of the ps3.

fernandino

RE: The PS3 Thread... - Dec 23, 2006 14:30
Julian Eggebrecht speaks his mind...

To gamasutra, the CEO, and co-founder of San Rafael-based Factor 5 director and main developer of Liar speaks about the PlayStation 3, its online service, and his side proyects, again only copy/paste.

Gamasutra: Now that all three consoles are out, what do you think of each one?

Julian Eggebrecht: I think for the PS3, the potential is huge. I' m blown away by the multimedia capabilities. I mean, I tried HD DVD before, and then I tried Blu-Ray, on a good plasma I have to admit, and it' s just amazing. I' m really positively surprised about the online service.

I was very skeptical about that and how Sony would pull it off, and it' s pretty damn close to Live, and actually some of the usability I prefer to Live, quite frankly. So I think that all went extremely well, and the potential is just huge.

Now, what is a little bit of a disappointment, and we' re partly responsible for that, is how few games are out. That' s the thing, and hey, I' m one of the guilty people there, because we sure should' ve been done by launch! So that was the bummer there.

For Xbox 360, I have to say Gears of War is massively impressive. Really really cool game, kudos to Cliffy. It just keeps going – it' s a little awkward that the 1080p is kind of ratcheted in there, so I' m not too excited about that, it seems kind of tacked on so I don' t know how much potential is out there, but the 360 is a solid system by now.

And the Wii of course, as an old Nintendo guy, I love the Wii. I love the Wii as much as I love the PlayStation 3 but for completely different reasons. The Wii is – well Zelda is what I expected, but Zelda isn' t even it for me. For me, it' s Wii Sports and the casual stuff.

Personally, as a gamer, I see people buying an Xbox [360], I see lots of people buying a PS3, but I think it' s really cool to have the Wii as a second system, just for completely different games. It is a problem for third parties, because I think they will be victimized by that, because it very much seems to be a Nintendo-centric system yet again.

But I think nobody should be without [the Wii]. And quite frankly if you want to be really secure in the future, and if you' re a real techno geek, I think the PS3 has a lot more to offer than the Xbox [360] at the end of the day. But when [the PS3] comes to games, right now, it' s a little bit weak.

GS: I' ve been talking to people recently who said that they' re actually trying to get the PS3 version of their game up to speed with the Xbox 360 version, because it' s a different way of developing – cores versus multithreading, and all.

JE: The way you should start out programming on the PlayStation 3 is probably not by jumping on to the SPUs like crazy, and trying to write everything on the SPUs right away. The PPU in the PS3 is essentially identical to one of the cores in the 360, so your multithreading even comes in handy if you do PPU code first on the PS3, the same way it works on one of the cores on the Xbox. We' re doing quite a bit of multithreading on the PPU.

Then of course, when you' re done with that, and you' ve got your initial stuff up and running, you say: " Oh yeah, ok! So now I can move 80% of my game onto the SPUs" . Of course, for us as a first party developer, this is easier, and we can just totally focus on that. But it' s not like the PPU and multithreading are useless or anything. It' s a great first start - then you analyze what exactly goes into SPUs and so on.

GS: What are you most looking forward to in 2007?

JE: Actually I' m really looking forward to 2007, because we' re going to finish Lair, which is my biggest concern right now, but also, I' m really looking forward to working on a couple of smaller projects [for PlayStation 3], with the so-called EDI [E-Distribution Initiative] from Sony, which I think has huge potential, and personally as a director, I think it' s one of these things that we in the creative community need a little bit."

" People who work on these two and a half year, three year projects have a chance, even within an organization like Factor 5, which usually works on these large games, to work on something small again. That' s the biggest thing I' m looking forward to in 2007, which is also going to be a challenge, because of course we were there about 15-20 years ago doing these small titles, so suddenly you' ve got these production challenges with working on something really, really small."

Splinter Cell Double Agent will come to the PS3...

And just in time for the European launch since the worldwide release will be March 2007. The PS3 version of Double Agent will have added multiplayer maps and skins, as well as support for the motion-sensing capabilities of the SIXAXIS controller in both the game' s single and multiplayer modes.

BTW Medievil its already avaliable for download at the PlayStation Store, go check it out, the game rules.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Dec 24, 2006 09:26
No offense, but this thread seems really fanboyish. Sounds like youre trying to sell the system, not a game.
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Dec 24, 2006 11:02
I believe in PS3 but some of their slip ups lately, including the loss of exclusive titles makes you wonder if they really care....

Then again X360 was in this same position a year ago when it was released.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Dec 24, 2006 12:02

Then again X360 was in this same position a year ago when it was released.

No, a year ago the 360 was in a software draught, the PS3 is losing exlusives, where as the 360 didnt have too many exclusives to lose at the time.

I think Sony will manage to scrape by this gen, hopefully they learn from this and make a good comeback next gen, not continue in their downward spiral.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Dec 24, 2006 13:09
Fernandino.... why?

I think Sony will manage to scrape by this gen, hopefully they learn from this and make a good comeback next gen, not continue in their downward spiral.

YES!!! they have the perfect idea for a controller, it has a touch screen, motion sensor, and a hamster wheel
fernandino

RE: The PS3 Thread... - Jan 02, 2007 19:50
To everybody who owns a PS3, stay sharp since a friend ofmine just told me that a Devil May Cry 4 trial demo will be comming to the PS3 Store in January, i dont know the date but it shouldnt take too long, also a Power Smash 3 and a
ENCHANT ARM demo wil be avaliable for download very soon.

Another friend told me that by late january mid february an updated demo of MotorStorm and Formula 1 Championship Ed. will be ready for download, so as i said early, stay sharp...

BTW, in the Japanese PlayStation Store they have the Tekken DR game ready to be purchased since 12/27, the game its 830 mb and it costs 2000 yen, like 16.9 dlls, maybe ill download the game later and tell how good or bad it is, the price its pretty cheap but i dont know since i already have Tekken DR for the PSP.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 2 Jan 07 12:47:06 >
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Jan 02, 2007 22:08
This shit is getting so old!!!!

When you first came to Kikizo, did it say VIDEOGAME thread as ONE single thread, of did it have 3 separate forums to choose from... PS3 X360 AND NINTENDO WII??

No it did not!!!!!

People come here to discuss games on every platform, because we are all GAMERS and love to play GAMES.

If you are so short minded as to completely wrap yourself up in PS3 then I feel sorry for you, as you are going to miss out on 100 if not 1000' s of great games that are out there now and coming in the future on all platforms!!!!

YOU HEAR THAT?? ALL PLATFORMS HAVE GREAT GAMES!!! IT' S THE WAY IT' S BEEN FOREVER!!!!

Now quit being a short minded, stupid little fanboy, and become a true gamer and talk about games on all platforms like everybody else in here does.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Jan 03, 2007 01:41

here goes an interview whit the big man at Insomniac, Ted Price, im glad he talked about the size of the game, i guess the rubbish data rumor was bs.

Great! Ted Price is spewing BS again.

GP: What kind of slashes would you have to do to squeeze a game like Resistance onto a standard DVD?

Price: [Laughs] We couldn' t. The game, as built, would simply not fit. We would have to take out entire levels of the game

does Resistance really use 22GB on a Blu-ray disc?

Price: No, it doesn' t. We actually cut back to 16GB

That' s Less than 2 DVDs at maximum storage taken up. I suppose it' s impossible to have a multi-disk game now?

[The game is a] world-wide release which you can play in Japanese or Korean, any of the European languages

Take that down to 1/2 languages per region-release, like most games. A good majority of the space is being used by their multiple language tracks.

Sound has also gotten much bigger, and it' s also higher fidelity [and] in 7.1. HD

Drop it down to 5.1 360 compatible.

Yup... gotta love common sense.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Jan 03, 2007 02:51

Power Smash 3

Power Smash 3?... maybe you meant power stone 3??.... god damn, i hate you, be strong, dont cry!.. your the man, your man.

... I loved Power Stone, but never heard of Power Smash.

I really would like to get to know your friends.
fernandino

RE: The PS3 Thread... - Jan 03, 2007 07:12

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Power Smash 3?... maybe you meant power stone 3??.... god damn, i hate you, be strong, dont cry!.. your the man, your man.

... I loved Power Stone, but never heard of Power Smash.

I really would like to get to know your friends.

No man im sorry, Power Smash its the real name of Virtua Tennis, i dont know anything about Power Stone... BTW if anybody cares Minna no golf will be delayed.

When you first came to Kikizo, did it say VIDEOGAME thread as ONE single thread, of did it have 3 separate forums to choose from... PS3 X360 AND NINTENDO WII??

i dont try to break Kikizo or whatever, im just making a post to deliver u info, instead of making a thread every single time i have something to post i made a PS3 thread, thats all, if u dont like what can i do???...

Now quit being a short minded, stupid little fanboy, and become a true gamer and talk about games on all platforms like everybody else in here does.

I have PSP, PS2, PS3, Xbox, Xbox 360, and PC and i play all of them, i love GTR2 and thats the game i have been playing the most, i also love GRAW but Kikizo its filled with 360 fanboys and SONY haters and BTW im sure there is alot of people here at kikizo who like PlayStation alot so this thread will be useful have no doubt, BTW next time u want to give an advice to me, please save it.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 2 Jan 07 23:14:03 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Jan 03, 2007 16:17
My rich friend had always been saying if he could just go to a store and buy a PS3 he would do it.
Well today we went to wal-mart to get some booze and Snakes on a Plane and there was a single 60 GB PS3 just sitting there. We had to do a double take and still had trouble believing it.
He was very tempted but we needed a game or something at least to make it worth it. So we looked at the selection of PS3 games.
Resistance.... bunch of crap that is better on 360... wow lawl what a shit selection.
So how about PS2 games that we could play on it. Guitar Hero 2 sweet. Of course wal-mart doesn' t have any copies of the game that come with the guitar or any guitars.
So we didn' t get it, but we may go back for it later if we find something to go with it.

btw can you even play guitar hero 2 on PS3?
fernandino

RE: The PS3 Thread... - Jan 03, 2007 17:32
Looks like i wont have to purchase Tekken Dark Resurrection again, here are the hands on impressions of gamespot.com.

ORIGINAL: Gamespot
Though it isn' t available on the US version of Sony' s PlayStation Store just yet, Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection is now available for purchase in Hong Kong and Japan. No, we' re not talking about another PSP download. This is the same fighting game that Namco put out on the PSP, but it' s running on the PlayStation 3, with full support for widescreen and 1080p resolution. It appears to take after the arcade release, meaning there aren' t many extra modes, but it' s most certainly the same exciting game of Tekken that you' ve come to expect from Namco.

The download clocks in at over 800MB and is selling for around $16 in the Hong Kong store. What you get for that money appears to be an arcade-perfect conversion of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection, which is the upgrade to Tekken 5 that adds new characters and moves. The game offers single-player play, a versus mode, and a ghost battle mode. Like in the PSP version, you can take on computer-controlled fighters that are governed by ghosts, which are profiles based on how another human player plays the game. Dark Resurrection on the PSP had you manually uploading your own ghosts and downloading others. This PS3 release appears to grab new ghosts automatically. While you probably won' t mistake the ghosts you' ll fight for real human players, they tend to fight a lot better than the average fighting-game artificial intelligence, since you can " teach" these ghosts more elaborate combos and tricks.

All of the Tekken 5 fighters are here and immediately selectable. The new fighters--which aren' t all that new anymore, since Tekken 5: DR has been out for a while now--are the returning Armor King, the Russian special forces operative Dragunov, and the rich girl who fights for laughs, Lili. New to this PS3 release is a playable version of Jinpachi, the game' s final boss. Jinpachi unlocks after you beat the arcade mode and plays reasonably well, though you can' t customize his look at all. The rest of the characters can be customized using money you earn by winning fights. You can purchase new colors for each of a character' s costumes, as well as body items (like a guitar to sit on Hwoarang' s back), new hairstyles, sunglasses, and more. The game also has a gallery mode, where you can spend some of that in-game cash on ending videos and character art. To keep the game' s overall file size lower, the ending videos that you can purchase aren' t part of the package. So when you purchase them, you' ll have to download them individually.

Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection added new characters to an already-robust lineup when it was released into arcades, and now they' re all on the PS3, too.
With support for 1080p, you' d be right to expect Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection to look sharp. Namco hasn' t done anything noticeable to enhance the graphics on the PS3, but it' s a nice-looking arcade game to begin with, and the higher resolution seems to help the game look as good as it ever has. The frame rate is typically solid and smooth, though there were a few rare spots where it dropped a handful of frames.

While it doesn' t offer the same bowling modes or online world rankings that the PSP game offered, this budget-priced version of Tekken 5: Dark Resurrection has it where it counts: in the gameplay. Plans for a US release of this game haven' t been announced at this time, but since it' s already sitting in foreign stores (and since more crafty North American PS3 owners are figuring out how to purchase from those stores by the day), it probably isn' t too far off.

Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Jan 03, 2007 21:55

btw can you even play guitar hero 2 on PS3?

Unfortunately no, not yet, the ps3 dosent recognize the guitar pad as it doesnt have the ps symbol button that is needed to play older games.

Well I am not sure on the reason, but I know it dosent work yet.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: The PS3 Thread... - Jan 04, 2007 07:58

My rich friend had always been saying if he could just go to a store and buy a PS3 he would do it.
Well today we went to wal-mart to get some booze and Snakes on a Plane and there was a single 60 GB PS3 just sitting there. We had to do a double take and still had trouble believing it.
I just walked into 3 EB Games & Gamestop today, & they all had them in stock. I' d pick one up, but I' ve got a tendancy for not having 650$ on hand. Bizzare huh?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 31

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message