Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 17, 2004 04:00
What game or franchise would you like to see make a comeback?

Even know there is a release of the old version of Dragon Force due out for the PS2, I would like to see a new 3D version for the GC, PS2, and XBOX.

What' s your choice?
ChaOtiX

• Total Posts : 17
RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 17, 2004 04:57
Wonderboy 3!!!!! The best and greatest RPG Adventure of all time!!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 17, 2004 05:16
I agree that a game like Wonderboy in Monsterland and Wonderboy III: the DragonXorz Trapz were great games and deserve sequels. maybe we could get a Wonderboy 4 and a Monster World 5. Wait. Those games already exist and they are GREAT! But I' d hate to see the series turn 3D. Unless they could do something that would make it stand out.

I' d like to see castlevania make a comeback to QUALITY. One of my favorite series ever, Lameness of Innocences was pretty mediocre at best. the GBA Castlevanias are great. Unfortunately Konami does not make good games anymore since they are so hung up on DDR. Gradius V was not made by Konami. Suikoden 4 could be considered good. We' ll see.

A lot of people would like to see Alex Kidd return as well. Not me. Never was a huge fan.

I can' t wait to see Terry' s response to this.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 17, 2004 12:25
James Pond! he was coooooool! The greatest fish secret agent who ever lived, I' m sure. Gawd knows how they' d make him work in 3D but it' d be nice.

Earth Worm Jim also rocked. the first and second were the best 2D games of the time I do reckon, right on my level of humour at the time too. Anyone remember the cartoons? It' s just a shame Earth Worm Jim 3D sucked so much. I thought I heard rumours of a new game but aren' t quite sure. It would be nice to see his return though. Sonic' s proved there' s life in seemingly dead old 2D characters yet (whilst not being the greatest game ever Sonic Heroes was mega successful)
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 18, 2004 02:19
hmmmmm... i' d like to see a new marble madness, which i guess would be similar to super monkey ball. and what about an actual sequel to street fighter; something new???
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 18, 2004 04:22
Alex Kidd in Miracle World!!!

Wonderboy 3: The Dragon' s Trap

Zillion

Afterburner

Space Harrier

Double Dragon

Super Hang-On
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 18, 2004 05:22
Sonic The Hedgehog.

Yeah, I liked Sonic Adventure 1-2, but it didn' t match the original Sonic games. And Sonic Heroes was just flat out pathetic. That game had so many cheap deaths that I wanted to throw it against the wall.
Jabjabs

• Total Posts : 7
RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 18, 2004 06:56
While not a franchise, Ranger X on the Genesis was amazing. A full 3D rendition of that would blow my mind.

Also Nights would be good but that' s just a tad predictable.
DaRoosh65

RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 18, 2004 15:14
Terry Bogard,

After Burner and Space Harrier are excellent choices!!!

Just think how these would look in 3D with massive worlds and monsters!!!

Oh man...they would be sweeeeet!
whatabout_paul

RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 19, 2004 16:57
You only died in Sonic Heroes if you sucked. Or on the last bosses which were rather cheap. I disagree with the ‘tracks’ and the many bottomless pits of doom. It was an ok game though not a patch on the Megadrive games, I agree. The next Sonic game needs a serious shake up to make it good. I' d hate to see a Sonic Heroes 2 churned out unless it was actually a vast improvement on the first.
NukeouT

• Total Posts : 40
RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 19, 2004 17:08
On the terms of improved graphics adn expansions-

Diablo & Starcraft

-and I dont mean the new shooter that came out. Just the old RTS game.
Terry Bogard

RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 19, 2004 17:41

Terry Bogard,

After Burner and Space Harrier are excellent choices!!!

Just think how these would look in 3D with massive worlds and monsters!!!

Oh man...they would be sweeeeet!

DaRooosh, I consider the original Space Harrier to be one of the top 5 GREATEST games of all time and would LOVE to see a true blue sequel produced by Yu Suzuki..

Planet Harriers was a DISGRACE to the Harrier name. Everything that made the original Space Harrier work was NOT in Planet Harriers.

I' d love to see a direct update of After Burner 2. That was by far the best in the series. Definitely my favorite jet fightin game.

The PS2 Sega Ages version of Space Harrier was OK but not great, while the Sega Ages version of After Burner 2 was actually done really well.

If Yu Suzuki made a sequel to both games, with the same quality of Outrun 2, I' d be in heaven!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 9/19/2004 5:43:32 PM >
City Hunter

• Total Posts : 40
RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 19, 2004 18:01
I' d very happy to see another chapter of Panzer Dragoon RPG on the next consoles, make with the best graphic possible, and with much more freedom.

Soleil and Ranger X will be also very nice in 3D if make like Outrun 2 or Ninja Gaiden.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 20, 2004 03:30
How about Balloon Fight? It would be awesome if it was on the Gamecube. A remake as well as a bigger multiplayer options. With power ups and cool map designs suchs as Mountains, Forest and stuff. With a bunch of new characters. That would be awesome a 4 player or more Balloon Fight.
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 20, 2004 14:49
i really love to see Streets of rage remake. Rolling Thunder would be really cool too. Maybe a Gunstar Heroes remake or Rocket Knight Adventre remake. there so many games that would be really good to remake but would probely mess it up. SpatterHouse would be a kick if they remade that! that would rule on so many levels.
whatabout_paul

RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 20, 2004 15:06
They would have to do something special to make Streets of Rage work today. It' s too simple and short to really captivate people in this era of super technical games. But I agree, I would like a new proper Streets of rage game. The closest we are getting for the time being is Spikeout for the X-Box.

I never played Rocket Night Adventure. It was a game I wanted for a while but got forgotten about over time... *sigh*

Dynamite Heady was another one.
IORI YAGAMI1211

• Total Posts : 185
RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 20, 2004 19:35
Rocket Knight is like GunStar Heroes but with a Sonic spin on it. it is really fun side-scroller. They could make Street of Rage like GTA but with no cars, just gangs! and you go into their turf and Whoop there asses and make it a better world. THAT would be cool. and new chars.

Elevator action!!
whatabout_paul

RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 20, 2004 19:48
IORI YAGAMI1211, that’s a bloody good idea actually. A whole city to roam on foot with gangs to beat up and certain missions you have to do / places you have to go to do stuff. Genius! Whap it online so you can roam as a ' gang' yourself and we' ve a winner on our hands. Quick, e-mail Sega and tell them to get their asses in gear and make it.
Terry Bogard

RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 20, 2004 20:30
SpikeOut Battle Street seemed a bit similar to your next-gen Streets of Rage idea except for that it played like a nightmare instead of a dream.
DaRoosh65

RE: What Game Or Franchise Would You Like To See Make A Comeback? - Sep 21, 2004 03:43
I wouldn' t mind seeing a return of the ' Mutant League' series of games.

I know that I played both the Mutant League Football and the Mutant League Hockey.

Was there ever a Mutant League Basketball or Baseball?

The 3D versions of those games would be awesome indeed...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message