Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Too Human Abandoning Unreal!
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 12, 2006 17:41
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 12, 2006 18:09
It is a RUMOR.
(not like most stupid forum rumors, but it' s a rumor)

I' d expect Too Human to be delayed for quite some time, if they decide to make their own engine.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 12, 2006 18:24

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

It is a RUMOR.
(not like most stupid forum rumors, but it' s a rumor)

Lol yr so funny sometimes.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 12, 2006 18:25
Hope its not true .. We already have sony fanboys on ign sayin xbox 360 cant handle the unreal 3 engine ... I guess they havent heard about a called Gears of war ...AHOLES ...
dasher232

RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 12, 2006 18:29
A bit off topic but I dunno why but i' m still worried about how much the games are gonna cost never mind whats gonna be on it.

Also I kinda hate the unreal engine now for it' s over use so I wouldn' t mind if they did change it to make their own.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 12 Aug 06 10:31:12 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 12, 2006 18:42
I just wanna see what Lost Odyssey does with the Unreal Engine...

BULLET WITCH FOR UK RELEASE!!! W00T!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 12, 2006 19:47
Yes,the creators of Unreal engine 3.0 use it in GEARS of WAR and has had no problems,and this is just a rumor ffs
]GaNgStA[

RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 12, 2006 20:11

Lol yr so funny sometimes.

I am indeed :)

Thing is - some rumors are treated way to seriously on forums (cause people think it' s all true if it' s written)

The most surprising thing is that Silicon Knights think UE 3.0 isn' t efficient enough...strange.

Anyway IGN reports only on serious rumors :)
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 12, 2006 21:09
Can' t say that I believe it just yet. They' d be throwing away thousands of hours of toil and hard work. It' d be asking a lot from both the team and the publisher. From reading the latest interview with Kikizo they seemed pretty happy with the engine and they had already heavily modified it to suit them.

If they were going ahead with a change of engines it' s probably not because the UE3 engine is inherently " inefficient" or " flawed" . Nor would it have anything to do with the hardware. It' d most likely be that the UE3 simply isn' t suited to what they' re trying to achieve.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 12, 2006 21:53
Well, the way everybody was complaining when they saw the gameplay, you' d think more people would be happy about this news. Actually, I think more games should be held back, for quality control purposes.

Quite honestly, the premise of the game is intriguing, but I' m not really THAT interested in it.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 13, 2006 02:02

I have to say that game characters looked like crap in Too Human - in Gears of War or Mass Effect they are incredible though.Girls in Too Human look like artificial dolls, while men are stiff and silly looking.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 13, 2006 03:18

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

...while men are stiff and silly looking.

Like you then
dasher232

RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 13, 2006 03:33
Gangsta' s stiff?....
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 13, 2006 03:40

ORIGINAL: dasher232

Gangsta' s stiff?....

... LOOK AT HIM!

dasher232

RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 13, 2006 03:52

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

ORIGINAL: dasher232

Gangsta' s stiff?....

... LOOK AT HIM!

What am I suppose to be looking at?
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 13, 2006 10:14
easy lads
Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 13, 2006 13:53
Well to be honest the unreal 3 engine is a great engine, but at the same token its not exactly geared towards the type of seamless close quarters combat seen in a game like Too Human.

Heavenly Sword, God of War, Ninja Gaiden... these are all games I don' t believe would translate too well to the unreal 3 engine which is why I secretly hope there is some truth to this. To make the unreal 3 engine suitable for their needs by any stroke of the imagination it would need to be HEAVILY modified (which sk claims they have done)

As far as animation goes.... too human seems extremely stiff and doesn' t manage to live up the hype of all the amazing motion captured moves we were promised.

Heavenly Sword more fits the bill of the martial arts and camera work promised.

Hell if I were to see a single move in the entire too human trilogy that manages to match just one of the cool moves in heavenly sword I' d be extremely impressed and to be honest I don' t see it happening. I' m not saying the engine isn' t capable of it, but there is no question that Too Human on a engine specifically designed by sk would be a much better game than it could ever be on the unreal 3 engine.

I mean the difference between too human and games like gears of war, bia 3, rainbow six vegas, mass effect are pretty damn obvious all those games are better suited for the unreal 3 engine.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Too Human Abandoning Unreal! - Aug 13, 2006 15:48
I agree with you in some ways. I' ve never been hyped by Too Human, I really can' t see what the big deal is. But I think we' re all a little early with our judgements on it.

What we saw at E3 shouldn' t have been shown in my opinion. It was far to early a build to paint any sort of good picture about Too Human, which is a shame considering the caliber of developer behind it. Judging a game by it' s very (pre?) alpha build is just senseless. So arguments about stiff animations, poor framerate, graphical glitches, etc are irrelevant. SK aren' t going to release a game in that state so why worry about it?

I' m no software engineer, but from what I' ve seen and read about UE3, it seems to be a rather versatile engine. (read the other features especially) There' s a vast range of different games being developed for it ranging from MMORPG' s (Lineage 3, Fury), RPG' s (Mass Effect, Lost Odyssey), FPS (duh!), racing games (Fatal Inertia), action games (Elveon), and many more.

Of course, we' ll have to wait and see how things pan out, but for now I call BS on the rumour.
< Message edited by UnluckyOne -- 13 Aug 06 7:54:51 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message