Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What is " The Crossing" ?
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
What is " The Crossing" ? - Dec 24, 2006 01:24
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: What is " The Crossing" ? - Dec 24, 2006 04:13
Crossplayer...Wow...this is a game that is on my rader now.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: What is " The Crossing" ? - Dec 24, 2006 07:42
So it can' t just be coop, it has to be players on different sides...but then the objectives will have to be super simplified so that people dont just go off and do their own thing and spoil the story for everyone else.

Hmm, should be interesting. Tbh I still dont quite get how it' d work. Maybe a half sp half mmo like Huxley..or someone was saying you' d be playing sp, and then human players could jump in and out of random bad guys, and you' d never know which...

Valve' s also sponsoring that ' Left 4 Dead' game by Turtle Rock - which is basically coop resi evil 4 with human players jumping in and out of the game on both sides...heh, ok maybe it won' t quite live up to that, but the concept is awesome!

(Actually the focus was mainly coop 4 v endless AI zombies, but the above was one of the ideas thrown around...)

There was an exclusive in the last PC Gamer, which I would scan.. if I had a scanner.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 24 Dec 06 0:18:51 >
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: What is " The Crossing" ? - Dec 24, 2006 13:26
Looks kind of like a gta FPS but could be like cops vs. robbers vs. gangs vs. assassins vs. that dude on the corner
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: What is " The Crossing" ? - Dec 24, 2006 14:53
Maybe a cross console/PC FPS. A game where every match is PS3 vs. 360 vs. PC. An FPS where each platform represents a race in which you fight on the same team as your race, each with very different abilities and control. Every fanboys wet dream.

Or simply multiplayer with three or more teams instead of two.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 24 Dec 06 7:04:25 >
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: What is " The Crossing" ? - Dec 28, 2006 01:48

Maybe a cross console/PC FPS. A game where every match is PS3 vs. 360 vs. PC. An FPS where each platform represents a race in which you fight on the same team as your race, each with very different abilities and control.

...hadn' t thought of that and it' d definitely rock, but it doesn' t seem like that much of a big deal compared to what the trailer makes it out to be...

" Fusing Singleplayer with Multiplayer" .....that' s got to be some sort of pre-scripted linear storytelling were levels or objectives are executed by a team of networked players....

...freakin AWESOME....

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message