Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 23, 2006 00:38
http://www.gamevideos.com/download?videoId=6195&url=http%3a%2f%2fdownload.gamevideos.com%2f6195%2fgv.com.lair.gp.cam.01_640x360.mov

It seems like an early build (visual glitches) but it could be an awesome game after all

It' s definitely not the best looking PS3 game but it' s nice.

I' m impressed with first wave of PS3 line up - at least visually.I never thought games would look that good from the start.

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 22 Sep 06 16:50:39 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 23, 2006 01:58
An early build? They started production in 2004.

This game looks awesome (especially with the excessive HDR) when you' re flying high, but it looks like a complete mess when you get close to the ground, and the enemy soldiers (100' s of them on the ground) look crap.

The water looks sweet!
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 23, 2006 02:22
Here is a listing of percentage completions for PS3 TGS title ...

Virtua Fighter 5: 70%
Sega Golf Club: 70%
Sonic the Hedgehog 3: 75%
Armored Core 4: 80%
Coded Arms Assault: 50%
Ridge Racer 7: 100%
Gundam Target in Sight: 80%
Gran Turismo HD: 50%
Warhawk: 50%
Unknown Realm: 30%
LAIR: 35%
Motorstorm: 60%
The Eye of Judgment: 70%
Genji: 70%
Resistance: 85%
Minna no Golf 5: 30%
Heavenly Sword: 65%

So i guess this build of Liar is an early one ....
Someguy

• Total Posts : 7
RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 00:07
Looks really amazing

And thats only 35%!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 00:10
And Lost odyssey is only 40% done,but i don ' t expect it to look 60% better :P
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 00:50
I have a distinct feeling those numbers are off and the games are actually much further along, surely lair can' t be only 35% done and heavenly sword 65%?.
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 02:02
That link doesnt work.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 03:41
It works for me. Right-click on it and select " save target as" . It should work. It worked for me twice now. Once a couple of hours ago and now just 20 seconds ago.
GrayFox

• Total Posts : 356
RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 06:26
Looks very nice considering how early it it in production now.
Hey did you check the water out? It kicks @$$.
Nitro

RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 09:10

ORIGINAL: GrayFox

Looks very nice considering how early it it in production now.
Hey did you check the water out? It kicks @$$.

Erm...

An early build? They started production in 2004.

...yeah...
QuezcatoL

RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 09:35
Lair looked like shit.

I had texture jumping on my screen,and if the enviorment felt very limited and boring.

Fukk Lair.
Nitro

RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 11:07

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Lair looked like shit.

I had texture jumping on my screen,and if the enviorment felt very limited and boring.

Fukk Lair.

Nah, the water, lighting and animation are great. You can even tell it handles the same as the Rogue Squadron games and It has style.

What it doesn' t have are great textures and smoke effects and i' m yet to be convinced the mid-air dragon melee attacks will work.

I' ll be picking this game up anyway. I really hope they include online multiplayer!
ginjirou

RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 18:45
The gameplay looked a little too simple. Unless there' s much more than flying and shooting small fireballs, that game is going to get BORING!
I hope they' ll have really cool missions and stuff like in Rouge Squadron.
QuezcatoL

RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 19:50
I apologies,Lair doesn' t look like shit.
The textures on the dragon and castle gate and the knight on it look fantastic,but the enviorment is extremly limited it feel...
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 24 Sep 06 11:51:12 >
Nitro

RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 21:45

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

The gameplay looked a little too simple. Unless there' s much more than flying and shooting small fireballs, that game is going to get BORING!
I hope they' ll have really cool missions and stuff like in Rouge Squadron.

I don' t think we' ve seen enough to make a proper decison. It' s probably going to be a lot like Rebel Strike but with better ground moments.

In fact, after watching the footage again just now i really want to play Rogue Squadron III...
ginjirou

RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 22:15
I thought you disliked Rouge Squadron III?
Anyway, I' m probably the only one who actually really enjoyed the ground missions. I thought they were cool even though the controls were kinda bad.
The speeder and walker missions were truly awesome. The one were you race through the forest was breathtaking.
Nitro

RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 22:21

ORIGINAL: ginjirou

I thought you disliked Rouge Squadron III?
Anyway, I' m probably the only one who actually really enjoyed the ground missions. I thought they were cool even though the controls were kinda bad.
The speeder and walker missions were truly awesome. The one were you race through the forest was breathtaking.

I like the Fondor Shipyard Assault and Vengance on Kothlis missions. I prefer Rogue Leader to Rebel Strike.
ginjirou

RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 24, 2006 22:24
The thing that raised Rebel Strike over Rouge Leader for me was the inclusion of videoclips from the movies. That just raised the production value of the game so much.
I read somewhere that the developers said that Rebel Strike was the first game to ever use clips from the movies and that they had to lie to the movie studio and claim that they needed the clips for the game or something. Can' t remember where I read that...
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 24 Sep 06 14:24:53 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 25, 2006 00:11
I really loved rougue squadron,but if we take off the Star wars cloths,the gameplay is actually so-so...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Lair looks awesome in motion - movie here - Sep 25, 2006 07:04

That demo, as nice as it looked, only used a very primitive lighting system. Nowadays we have a full atmospheric light simulation running on RSX, so if we re-did the demo it would look considerably better. And then there is of course the dragon art: The Dark Dragon looks quite different these days because it evolved visually, but the Flame Dragon is almost unchanged in the game.

We absolutely love 1080p because of the detail that you can see. When we went up from 720 to 1080 I was blown away how much more of the artwork was visible. We started out being true 720p proponents, but since switching over to true 1080p via HDMI a few months ago I can' t go back.

Lair is not upscaling or cheating to get to 1080p, we are natively running at the full 1920x1080 progressive resolution. Earlier this year we were quite skeptical if that would be possible, but the final kits really were a revelation in terms of power. Sony delivered what they promised and after a bit of tweaking we had the game up-and running. One thing that did help us was that our engine always was heavily reliant on data streaming, so the larger frame buffer memory never was an issue. By now half of our staff has 1080p monitors, and believe me, the 720 guys are jealous.

Factor 5 interview on IGN : http://ps3.ign.com/articles/733/733921p3.aspx

Another area that is really cool on Cell is the real-time dynamics. We simulate hundreds of cloth and physics objects in the scene at any given moment, the enemies and heroes of course all are running ragdoll and physics-driven animations. The single hero dragon you ride is more complex than all objects in our prior games combined, down to little details like the flutter of the wings being dynamically driven.

That' s FUCKIN A W E S O M E :

The final dev-kit delivered exactly what we expected in terms of power; there was no nasty last-minute surprise or anything. I' ve read the rumors of Cell being so hot that they had to downgrade clock-rate and quite frankly, I don' t know who is spreading those. Cell specs didn' t change, its speed didn' t change, in fact the final retail unit is so quiet that when we first had Lair booting from disc on it we thought the PS3 wasn' t running at all.

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 24 Sep 06 23:07:52 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread