Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Tekken 6
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 19, 2007 05:39
Iv always thought tekken was garbage, although i think dark resurrection is decent, but thats only because its portable
MIC

• Total Posts : 15
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 19, 2007 13:23
The one only thing I did hate about in Tekken games were the freakin' sparkles when you connect a hit to your opponent. Sometimes the sparkles are so big that you can' t see the animation of your fist hitting your opponent on any part of the body. And it looks like that they' re still using that in T6.

In the VF series, they' ve sort of adopted the same thing but instead they make your character light up whenever you' re hit but you can still see the animation of hit, and also you have the option to turn it off.

Anyways, despite all of that, these 2 games are hands down best fighting games ever created! And whenever the PS3 becomes affordable, these two are definately going to be in my collection!
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 20, 2007 03:56

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Virtua Fighter 3 was also #1 on the Japanese arcade gaming charts for several years. Quite an amazing feat.

Dude, VF has never NOT been #1 in JP arcades since VF3...
In other words VF has been #1 grossing for a decade.
Probably.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 20, 2007 04:43

ORIGINAL: Adam Doree

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

Virtua Fighter 3 was also #1 on the Japanese arcade gaming charts for several years. Quite an amazing feat.

Dude, VF has never NOT been #1 in JP arcades since VF3...
In other words VF has been #1 grossing for a decade.
Probably.

See now i figured you would have had something to say in the ' Arcades' thread...
mastachefbkw

RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 20, 2007 08:13

The one only thing I did hate about in Tekken games were the freakin' sparkles when you connect a hit to your opponent. Sometimes the sparkles are so big that you can' t see the animation of your fist hitting your opponent on any part of the body. And it looks like that they' re still using that in T6.

I hate how certain characters such as Heachi or however you spell it, you can kick from half way across the screen and a spark will hit the other player when they havnt even charged themselves or anything[:' (]
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 20, 2007 08:19

Jaggies?!

Oh my!

That' s embarassing.

So is anybody going to explain to me why DR is so amazing? I guess I' m actually going to have to find a copy + PSP? OH bummer.
mastachefbkw

RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 20, 2007 11:46

So is anybody going to explain to me why DR is so amazing? I guess I' m actually going to have to find a copy + PSP? OH bummer.

Its ok.... for a psp game. It would have been awesome for ps1 back in the day
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Tekken 6 - Feb 20, 2007 16:50

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

Its ok.... for a psp game. It would have been awesome for ps1 back in the day

Um, no.

DR almost looks as good as Tekken 5 on PS2. There' s more content than in Tekken 5. The game has been tweaked and plays better than Tekken 5 on PS2 (well, leaving arcade sticks out of the equation) ...

30+ characters
19 stages some of which are new and include climate effects
ad-Hoc multiplayer
New moves
New Music
Downloadable player ghosts
Minimal loading times
60fps
Superb production values
Good AI
Etc, etc, etc

It' s easily the best game on PSP and it destroys most PS2 games too. I can' t stress enough how badass the games is.
Change Page: < 12 | Showing page 2 of 2, messages 21 to 28 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message