Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Left 4 Dead
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Left 4 Dead - Jan 18, 2008 05:49
This is in my top 7 for 2008. I can' t express how kickass this game will be, especially since none of you guys seem interested.

Anyways I found a preview of the game. Is it positive? I' m in no condition to read that much text. I already know how wicked the game will be anyways, so you guys have some reading to do in order to reach the state of enlightenment in which I am already a part of.

http://www.shacknews.com/featuredarticle.x?id=745
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Left 4 Dead - Jan 18, 2008 06:22
It is pretty positive. They say they are very pleased with the amount of detail and overall balance the game has even though is far off from release. I had never seen this one before. I am kind of interested now that I read about it. It certainly sounds like the game RE Outbreak should have been.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Left 4 Dead - Jan 18, 2008 07:53
Im really excited about it. Combines a lot of cool aspects - Turtle Rock' s brilliant AI from Counter-Strike, ' fast' zombies from cool films like 28 Days Later and the Source engine, so you know the game will handle well.

We' ll see if it sets the bar for co-op multiplayer games, but I' m definitely buying it when it comes round.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Left 4 Dead - Jan 18, 2008 09:08
I' m really excited for it. Recently G4 had an interview with one of the guys making it, it looks on track for greatness. I don' t want to hype it up too much though. It looks like it is going to be a great game not the best game ever.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Left 4 Dead - Jan 18, 2008 10:41
It looks really interesting I think. I' ll certainly follow this game more from now on.
killemoff

• Total Posts : 173
RE: Left 4 Dead - Jan 18, 2008 18:48
I' ve heard quite a bit about this before, and seing who this is from (even though Counter-Strike is the biggest yawnfest ever), it seems to have to potencial to shine.

Always glad to hear news about potencial greatness. :)
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Left 4 Dead - Jan 19, 2008 08:17
The multiplayer should be a lot of fun, but stupid AI' s killed greater games than this.

I' m withholding judgment for a demo, or for it' s release.
DieHounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 59
RE: Left 4 Dead - Jan 20, 2008 11:12
Looks decent enough, but I prefer the " sluggish and lots of ' em" zombie variety as opposed to the " oh my god those things are running the streets in packs" sort.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Left 4 Dead - Jan 20, 2008 11:29
Well this will be the " Holy fuck there' s dozens of them running straight for us!" variety. Imagine Dead Rising in first person where the Zombies run at you, now imagine playing this with three buddies in online co-op. I know, it' s badass!
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Left 4 Dead - Jan 22, 2008 00:32
Well, considering its being being talked up by Gabe Newel in magazines, and considering Valve' s history of only touching greatness, Id have to say a winrar is this game.

There have been a few stories about it in GFW, each one saying the game is shaping up great. Also, when a co-op player is killed, apparently they turn into a type of boss or alpha zombie that has a special power.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll