Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Favorite Developer
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Favorite Developer - Jan 06, 2009 19:54
So, the forums are moving slowly. For my own amusement I wanted to post this and let everyone debate his/her/it's favorite dev and why.

Personally, Id have to say Valve, just for their track record of perfection. Never has there been a bad Valve game(Im not counting Half-Life source, since it was really a tacked on afterthought). Think about it for a second. Half-Life 1 and 2 changed FPS's, the Episodes continue to be fun. Portal and L4D are 2 of the best original IPs in recent memory. Counter-Strike had a 10million userbase at its peak. If any dev has set high standards and then stuck to them, its Valve.

Also, I think as a publisher, EA has made the most amazing turn-around this year. Publishing games from Vavle, Epic, and also Rage and Brutal Legend. They actually improved their sports games(at least Madden, I dont know or care about the rest), released several great titles recently (Burnout, Dead Space, Mirrors Edge, Battlefield) and in general quit all their bullshit that makes us hate them.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll