Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Treyarch to ruin Vietnam next
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Treyarch to ruin Vietnam next - May 03, 2009 16:31
Sighs...

Do I even need to say it any more?
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:Treyarch to ruin Vietnam next - May 03, 2009 17:34
When IW finally took the COD franchise out of WWII with Modern Warfare, it was not only a breath of fresh air but it also gave me hope that we would never have to go back to WWII or any other past era war theatre. But here we are still relatively fresh of the release of WAW and now Treyarch is going to take us to the extrememly exciting and enthralling theatre of Vietnam. FUCK THIS SHIT!!

Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Treyarch to ruin Vietnam next - May 04, 2009 10:05
WaW was at least more fun than Kilzone2, not as pretty but the controls are way better.

Campaigns are equally linear, but WaW has Jack  Baurs voice, thats godly
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Treyarch to ruin Vietnam next - May 04, 2009 21:32
I'll buy Treyarch's rehashed games as long as they're taking it from IW. WaW was by no means a bad game, it was just a WWII copy of MW. The only real issues were lag online, but when I played my team typically got host so it didn't matter.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Treyarch to ruin Vietnam next - May 04, 2009 21:45
the lag isnt bad anymore, not when im playing atleast.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Treyarch to ruin Vietnam next - May 05, 2009 16:25
Vx Chemical

the lag isnt bad anymore, not when im playing atleast.

They say the same thing about Gears 2, but if the online play is shit from the get-go why should we sit around and wait for it to be fixed? CoD4 was perfect from day 1, which is why its been the best FPS this gen.
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
Re:Treyarch to ruin Vietnam next - May 06, 2009 03:30
The lag in WAW is pretty much gone now. I guess I amy contradict myself here because I do enjoy WAW online quite a bit, but they may have more to do with playing on different maps as the maps in COD4 became old and stale for me. I didn't, however, enjoy the single player campaign in WAW at all. I don't quite know how to explain it properly, but the campaign in COD4 was a lot better I think because the objectives and missions seem better executed, and most importantly COD4 gave me one of those HOLY FUCKING SHIT I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT JUST HAPPENED MOMENTS when the nuke went off and your heli went down. I still remember that moment in the game to this date, and yet I can't remember any part of the WAW single player.

Whatever, Modern Warfare 2 will come out and it will kick ass as expected. COD Vietnam will come out after this, and we will be let down as it won't be able to reach the heights that Modern Warfare 2 will take us.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Treyarch to ruin Vietnam next - May 07, 2009 05:23
Vietnam will be the 'dlc' to MW2 that really isn't what you wanted or expected, but hey, it was still okay. Just like WaW was to MW.
Ornodeal

• Total Posts : 645
Re:Treyarch to ruin Vietnam next - May 08, 2009 13:21
I was originally not so impressed with WaW compared to MW, but its grown on me. Sure the single player campaign hangs together far less well than with MW, but its ok as long as you can tune out Kiefer Sutherlands pointless gung-ho'ness; I didn't like the mp maps, and the lag was poor (still can be too), but its actually quite good fun. Plus points are being able to do co-op and the zombie maps are interesting diversions. So I'm looking forward to a vietnam one provided they can get the mood right - would be nice to balance it with another character so you see two story arcs like in MW and WaW.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll