Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 No spring dashboard update for 360; new XBLA plans
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
No spring dashboard update for 360; new XBLA plans - May 23, 2008 07:45
M$ has told Gamasutra that there will be no spring dashboard update for the 360.

Additionally, they' re going to begin systematically delisting XBLA titles that have an average Metacritic score of under 65 and a low trial conversion rate (i.e., the demo is downloaded but 6% or fewer people buy it).

Microsoft representatives have confirmed to Gamasutra that the company plans to systematically delist underperforming Xbox Live Arcade titles, as well as to raise the size limit of Xbox Live Arcade games to 350 MB.

Microsoft also intends to open its own internal development team targeting downloadable comment, and along with those plans came news that Microsoft will not be releasing a spring dashboard update for the Xbox 360 console, as it has done in the past. Instead, the company says it will focus on improving backbone server issues.

Delisting of Xbox Live Arcade titles will be handled cautiously - only titles scoring below a 65 score average on Metacritic with a 6 percent or lower trial conversion rate will be delisted, and each will have a three month grace period.

According to a post at web forum NeoGAF, referencing an interview on business site Next-Gen.biz where the top-line information first appeared, some 45 Live Arcade titles currently score underneath 65 on Metacritic. Microsoft has never made per-title conversation rates public. It is also unclear whether users who have previously purchased delisted games will still have access to the games to re-download.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll