Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 60GB 360???
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
60GB 360??? - Mar 08, 2008 04:23

Please proceed no further unless you acknowledge that what you' re about to read is a rumor. Good? Alright. Trusted Reviews, a site known more for technology write-ups than gaming news, is reporting that they have absolute certainty Microsoft will be replacing the 20GB Xbox 360 with a 60GB version. They are urging readers to not purchase a new 20GB model, but wait for the unspecified, near future when the new SKU will hit shelves. Our thoughts?

From a logic standpoint, given that larger hard drives aren' t that expensive and 20GB is a bit light for all of Microsoft' s multimedia offerings, a 60GB SKU could be more appealing to consumers while recouping value for Microsoft in downloads like Xbox Originals, movies and general DLC.

Also of note, 60GB is exactly half of the Elite' s 120GB hard drive. That makes for a pretty sweet marketing tier if I' ve ever seen one.

But for now, it' s just a rumor.

So, what' s that now. 723 1/2 skus for the 360 now?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: 60GB 360??? - Mar 08, 2008 05:23
link?
canadagamer

RE: 60GB 360??? - Mar 08, 2008 05:34
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: 60GB 360??? - Mar 08, 2008 10:43
I' ve ranted before on the stupid number of SKUs. Most of the changes don' t affect gameplay, but I' m of the opinion that the company should provide the box, and let the user customize it. That' s not their job, and it' s over complicating what should be a very simple process. IE, the process that lets us buy or own damn hard drives!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: 60GB 360??? - Mar 08, 2008 14:47

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

I' ve ranted before on the stupid number of SKUs. Most of the changes don' t affect gameplay, but I' m of the opinion that the company should provide the box, and let the user customize it. That' s not their job, and it' s over complicating what should be a very simple process. IE, the process that lets us buy or own damn hard drives!

Soooo, you bought a Core?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: 60GB 360??? - Mar 08, 2008 21:40
I own a premium.

When I say " provide the box" , I mean have a set specification for the console, and to not deviate from it. By now some form of storage on a console is a must in my opinion, and the core never should have been released. If Microsoft had provided us with the ability to easily replace, or purchase a hard-drive on our own, I would have bought a core.

canadagamer

RE: 60GB 360??? - Mar 09, 2008 01:53
I agree, there are way too many sku' s for the 360 out now. Add on top of this rumour about a 60gb model, we could also see either a 360 with a built in blu-ray, or just an add-on.

In any case, this really does show that MS rushed the 360 out so that they could be the first on the block. Seems that if they would have waited a year they probably would have had less RROD issues if any at all, and they probably would have had time to decide on exactly what model of 360 to put out to the consumer. IMHO they should have never come out with the core at all as Eddie stated. MS should have had the hard drive built in like the original XBOX, and given devs the ability to make games that utilize the hard drive.
< Message edited by canadagamer -- 8 Mar 08 20:10:40 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: 60GB 360??? - Mar 09, 2008 02:12

we could also see either a 360 with a built in blu-ray, or just an add-on.

Yeah... don' t hold your breath for that internal Blu-Ray drive. It' d be too tempting for developers to use it for content. They' ve alienated consumers already with their hard-drive fiasco, and this wouldn' t help any.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll