Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I played a 360!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
I played a 360! - Oct 31, 2005 07:58
I hit up my local WalMart yesterday after hearing that they had a 360 display up. I went in and it just so happened to be sitting there without anyone on it!

Initial impressions:
-I LOVE THE CONTROLLER!!! It was so damn comfortable even with it being restricted by the display harness. The button locations are absolutely perfect. Even the new location for the black and white buttons felt great. As soon as I picked it up I was able to play. There was 0 learning curve. My favorite part of the controller is the Xbox Guide button. Even though the guide wasn' t supported with the demo it still had the menu pop up from the left. It was just so cool!

-The graphics were f-ing awesome. Call of Duty didn' t look quite as good as what the recent trailers have shown but it was still great. Kameo was fairly impressive. I only played it for about 5 minutes but it was fun and looked quite nice. King Kong had some freaking amazing graphics. The human character models were decent but the enviroments and the T-Rex looked amazing. Sadly WalMart sucks and they didn' t set the resolution to match the wide screen display. The games were all running on the basic resolution so the widescreen automatically stretched and distorted everything. That' s dumb for even WalMart.

-The console itself looks even better in person. I wanted to touch it but it was locked away behind the glass. It actually does seem fairly small. I' ll have no problem finding space for it.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll