Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Looking to get a VGA Adapter for my XBOX - Need Some Help.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Looking to get a VGA Adapter for my XBOX - Need Some Help. - Nov 03, 2005 13:14
I recently inherited a Dell monitor (as well as other accessories that survived the blast) from my in-laws, since their house was struck by lightning and their harddrive was fried.

I was thinking that I could get a VGA adapter for my XBOX and use the monitor that way. I have searched a few sites for a VGA adapter, but have not come up with solid results for a fairly inexpensive one.

This is where I could really use some help to locate one.

Anyone? Please...?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Looking to get a VGA Adapter for my XBOX - Need Some Help. - Nov 03, 2005 14:26
Well with the regular VGA adapters that connect directly to the xbox you are only getting converted 480i so it will look like playing on a normal tv. If you want to play xbox in HD on a monitor you have to buy a special adapter. First you need the xbox component video thing which costs around $15. Once you have that you can get a few different converters.

There is the xblaster which I think costs around $50. This only converts 640p and 720p signals. It also doesn' t work on all monitors.

The one that I use now is the ViewSonic N6. It is way beter, but it' ll cost you around $200. With that you can connect to any vga monitor for regular and high definition TV. 640i, 640p, 720p, 1080i. And you can set the resolution from in between 640x480 to 1280x1024. You can even set it to widescreen. You can watch regular TV on it too, pretty much just turns your monitor into a High Definition TV.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Looking to get a VGA Adapter for my XBOX - Need Some Help. - Nov 03, 2005 18:43
Found this online. Don' t know how cheap you want to go, but it' s only about $65.

http://www.midwest-games.com/prsccovgabox.aspx

It says it' s capable of displaying Xbox (or other sources) on a VGA monitor in High Definition, so...
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Looking to get a VGA Adapter for my XBOX - Need Some Help. - Nov 03, 2005 19:33
That is pretty much the same thing as the xblaster. You need the xbox component video to use it. I would try to find out to make sure it works with your monitor though.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Looking to get a VGA Adapter for my XBOX - Need Some Help. - Nov 04, 2005 10:48
Thanks for the information

Both look fine. I will check for compatibility, then purchase accordingly.

I really appreciate your help on this...

If I can help you folks, in any way, just let me know.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll