Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Full Spectrum Warrior
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
Full Spectrum Warrior - Jun 09, 2004 13:09
Is this game as good as some reviews make it out to be? There seems to be lots of mixed results, has anyone here played it yet and if so is it good/enjoyable? I am going to get a new game today, but I dont know what I want to get, I' m tired of FPS' s and racing games. I want something new and inovative or something. Do you guys have any suggestions of a good game to pick up?(any console). I was thinking about FSW, but I' m not so sure yet.
< Message edited by konrad -- 6/9/2004 1:11:15 PM >
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Full Spectrum Warrior - Jun 09, 2004 14:28
Definitely mixed reviews. IGN claims that it' s the best thing since sliced bread, GameSpot deemed it disappointing (in comparison to the hype), and gave it a 7.7.

Personally, I' d go for Chronicles of Riddick if you haven' t already played it yet. There' s no " mixing" of results there...just fantastic feedback, almost all the way across the board. Not as deep or as long, but it seems well worth buying, even if it is only 10-12 hours long.
Xtreme

• Total Posts : 272
RE: Full Spectrum Warrior - Jun 09, 2004 17:18
well i think i' ll likely rent this game first....ive seen mixed reviews as well, but as of the last few weeks i' ve seen a definite emphasis put on Shadow Ops: red mercury, over FSW. kinda interesting. you guys here about shadow ops at all?
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Full Spectrum Warrior - Jun 09, 2004 17:40
If you' ve got Xbox Live, then buy FSW, if not it' s probably best if you buy something else.
konrad

RE: Full Spectrum Warrior - Jun 09, 2004 18:03
Yea, I have live, so I think it will be good. I' m tired off all these FPS' s, I need something new, and it looks to be FSW.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Full Spectrum Warrior - Jun 09, 2004 19:04
Just know that it' s really hardcore about it' s stuff, and they' ve even put a code in to play the official military training version with even more variables and I believe missions. The guys over at Penny Arcade love the game but they also admit it' s not for everyone. I may be picking it up soon as I do enjoy a more of a slow paced game every now and then. It really all depends on how many people from my clan purchase the game.
konrad

RE: Full Spectrum Warrior - Jun 10, 2004 15:06
I got it yesterday. It' s excellant! I have only played chapter 1 of single player, it was challenging, but not to hard. Definatly worth getting.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll