Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PSP 2
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
PSP 2 - Jan 27, 2011 13:46
I'm not surprised that Sony wasted no time make it's announcement after Nintendo.

Looks like Sony will take a similar approach as Nintendo, it's next handheld will take an evolutionary step as opposed to going in a different direction.  PSP 2 has what most people are looking for in a gaming handheld:

-Higher res screen (960 x 544) 
-more powerful processors
-more ram
-two joysticks. 

Sony listened.

A few new features:

-OLED screen (sweet)
-touch screen and touch pad on the back
-Front and back cameras
-solid state media (no more spinning disk)
-built in GPS
-motion sensors

http://www.dailytech.com/Sony+Unveils+PSP+Successor+the+NGP/article20758.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CAXBUKUE5J4  Oh fuck!
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Jan 27, 2011 18:51>
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:PSP 2 - Jan 27, 2011 23:59
The graphics look really good, but it seems too gimmicky to me.  Front and back touch screens?  Two cameras? Accelerometer? How many gimmicks does it need?  I'm damn surprised this isn't 3D without the glasses like the 3DS is.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:PSP 2 - Jan 28, 2011 20:45
I'm much more excited for this than I am the 3DS. Instead of getting N64 ports we'll be getting PS3/360 comparable games. My concern is of course adoption rate. Will this sell enough to even be a viable platform past launch? Here's to hoping.

And since this is my first post in a long time, I've wanted to ask you forever, Agent: How are you enjoying Huxely ;)
Agent Ghost

Re:PSP 2 - Jan 29, 2011 11:46
3ds will be more like a low res Wii in terms of graphics but yeah I'm much more interested in the NGP too.

Huxley's not out yet.  I'm not sure but I think the publisher dropped it and someone else picked it up.  I believe it will come out one day but it's still not announced.  I don't even care about it anymore.  I might try it but I waited so long it fell off my radar.  EVE:Online is still keeping me happy anyways.

Nice to see you back, how long have you been Iraq?
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Jan 29, 2011 11:49>
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:PSP 2 - Jan 30, 2011 00:42
I wish people would quit calling it the NGP (Neo Geo Pocket) and call it the PSP2.  I mean, c'mon!  It's even more stupid than calling the Gamecube "GCN" (Gamecube Nintendo).
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
Re:PSP 2 - Feb 04, 2011 00:51
Guaranteed purchase for me even if it comes with NO games the first six months it's out!
alimn

• Total Posts : 145
Re:PSP 2 - Feb 05, 2011 10:31
Good system.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:PSP 2 - Apr 22, 2011 03:29
PSP was a good handheld, just didn't have enough games, can't live off 3-4 or so good games per year.  Fortunately for me, I rarely play handheld games so that was more than enough.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:PSP 2 - Jul 06, 2011 02:23
Most of the games I play now are handheld. I stopped playing PSP and DS games ages back and haven't even considered picking up a 3DS yet (when Mario hits... maybe).

3DS hasn't had a big impact, and a doubt Vita will too. In an age where everybody has smartphones and access to 1000's of high quality cheap games... why would people spend nearly £200 on a new handheld system and then £30 per game?
Agent Ghost

Re:PSP 2 - Aug 21, 2011 21:31
Maybe 3ds will flop but I think Sony has something nice with PSP vita. Thing is, Sony Nintendo and Microsoft have huge advantage over cellphone companies with regards to gaming. One, they have access to unique retail channels. EBgames and similar stores don't sell cellphones, those retail channels have a following. The other advantage is that all the game developers that have defaulted to the three big companies won't make a complete switch away from them. Some developers do support phones but it's still very limited and even they will still support mainstream gaming devices. The other advantage is that the hardware is fixed. When I watched an interview with John Carmack talking about Rage and mega textures he illustrated how important it is to have fixed ram standards. There's a reason why the PC despite having 30 times more raw performance can't deliver equivalent performance to consoles that have fixed standards. Cellphones have the same problems that PC has, only cellphones lack sufficient raw processing power to compensate. Cellphones suck as gaming devices any way you slice it.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:PSP 2 - Jan 16, 2012 12:24
At this point I'm pretty sure Vita will flop.  Too expensive and cubersome for these times... I rather get the latest smartphone than a handheld, so would most people.  Standalone handhelds will be a relic soon enough.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
Re:PSP 2 - Feb 02, 2012 16:55
I might consider gaming on my smartphone if the batteries would last longer and if it had dedicated buttons. So at the moment smartphone gaming only makes me frustrated and unable to make phone calls. I got a 3DS and it was quite a disappointment even though I appreciate Nintendos gift of free downloadable games for early adopters (ironic how old GBA games makes me more happy than the new 3DS games). The PSV looks sweet though, but I'll wait for a price drop... if it survives long enough for one.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:PSP 2 - Mar 02, 2012 04:29
I'd consider gaming on my smartphone if it weren't for the fact that my Droid 2 is practically a fossil at this point. 3DSs are just starting to sell in my area and Vitas aren't even touched. If I lived in an area where I traveled by something other than car I'd consider one, but I rarely find myself in a situation where I could play a handheld outside of my house. 

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll