Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Badass 360 Spring Update List
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 01:00
Rumor warning, but these would be positively badass. The ones I found most interesting:

Support for titles to store installation data on Storage Device for faster loading.

Calibration options for motion sensor devices.

Introduce a group chat (4) for Private Chat and conferences through Video Chat.

Option to store up to 10 messages permanently on server (excludes invites, status messages).

Option to donate Microsoft Points to anybody with a Windows Live ID.
(a brilliant idea for going 50/50 on the point cards)

Copy non-protected files (pictures, music, videos) from USB storage devices, CDs and computers to proprietary storage devices.

Voice, picture messages can be read at Xbox.com (Gold accounts).

The rest:

Xbox LIVE
1. Option to delay sign-in to Xbox LIVE upon booting console (to allow user to set Online Status).
2. Option to promote Child Account from Family Settings.
3. Disallow Child Accounts (over 18) to override Family Settings by launching Privacy Settings through a title.
4. Option in Family Settings for Child Accounts to enable child-oriented/non-mature advertisements.
5. Introduce a group chat (4) for Private Chat and conferences through Video Chat.
6. Support to indicate media being watched to gamercard status (video content from Marketplace only).
7. Extend height for Bio field in Personal Profile, easier navigation through text.
8. More fields present in Personal Profile - recent achievements, interests, games, movies, links, custom section.
9. Compact Personal Profile for new fields (navigating to field will open it up).
10. Mandatory option to delete duplicate titles from gamercard (excludes Games for Windows - LIVE). User disconnected from Xbox LIVE when booting any title until action complete.
11. Option to remove payment information from gamertag.
12. New payment methods for international users.
13. Download History on Account Management better organized - games, genre, type, download date, miscellaneous.
14. Long descriptions of items on Marketplace can be scrolled using right stick.
15. Better organization of free content on Marketplace.
16. Option to ' ping' when testing connection.
17. Allow re-connection to Xbox LIVE if Ethernet cable is re-inserted whilst powered on.
18. New strip colors available to developers, staff gamercards.
19. New corner icon available to ambassadors.
20. Re-introduce Messages button for Inside Xbox updates only.
21. Option to store up to 10 messages permanently on server (excludes invites, status messages).
22. Increase character limit for text messages between friends only.
23. Option to disable invites from non-friends or all players.
24. Option to disable invites from titles not on gamercard (excludes demos).
25. Option to have smaller items moved up in Active Downloads.
26. Automatically re-connect to Xbox LIVE if disconnected unexpectedly (set intervals).
27. Option to download gamer picture (if available) from a gamercard being viewed.
28. Display random tips to replace static text on Xbox LIVE and Games blades.
29. New button on Marketplace for optional dashboard features - uses Storage Device memory.
30. Option to donate Microsoft Points to anybody with a Windows Live ID.
31. Option to purchase Membership for charities (includes benefits).
32. Integrate file-sharing for selected titles on Xbox LIVE and Games for Windows - LIVE.
33. Disable notifications to friends of user repeatedly signing into service (set period).
34. Option to see ' snippet' of text message in notification.
35. Windows Live Mail integration - includes support for Xbox LIVE Vision.
36. Web feeds integration - text, images, audio. Includes support for specific item codes on Marketplace.
37. Option to display gamer picture or standard picture as display picture in Windows Live Messenger.
38. Support for headset, Xbox LIVE Vision in Windows Live Messenger.
39. Support for limited ' winks' that display on dashboard interface. Option to disable ' winks' and ' nudges' added.
40. Notifications separate from Windows Live Messenger to Xbox 360 notifications.
41. Disable multiple languages from being used in any Xbox LIVE editable fields.

Games
1. Option to delete titles from gamercard with 0 gamerscore and 0 achievements (excludes some titles that will be re-added to launch another title).
2. Organize My Games at the Games Library section better (includes disc-based titles) - sort by genre, platform (Games for Windows - LIVE), percentage completion.
3. Support to display friends leaderboards for disc-based titles.
4. Show dates of an achievement unlocked when comparing.
5. Preload Games Library upon dashboard bootup for faster access.
6. Game updates now shown as items in Memory, increased amount of updates on Storage Device.
7. Option to delete game updates, removed ' cheat code' as no longer needed.
8. Support for more titles to display banner when accessing guide in-game.
9. Option to re-introduce awarded gamer pictures from titles that do not have their own re-introduce feature (requires saved game).
10. Disable gamer pictures from being awarded from trials.
11. Support for titles to store installation data on Storage Device for faster loading.
12. Synchronization to achievements offline/online that were deleted and then re-added from developers.

Media
1. Option to hold LT and RT for rewinding/fast-forwarding video content.
2. Option to delete individual music tracks from storage device.
3. Option to rip music CD at different quality.
4. Copy non-protected files (pictures, music, videos) from USB storage devices, CDs and computers to proprietary storage devices.
5. Support for menu, top-menu features on video content downloaded from Marketplace.
6. Section added for audio delivered through feeds (podcasts). Option to stream, download to Storage Device.
7. Support added for video titles/description to gamercard status.

Dashboard/Miscellaneous
1. Option to navigate quickly out of several menus back to respective blade home (applies to Games, Media, System).
2. New blade trim styles added.
3. Introduce expanded Inside Xbox as a portal to news, weather, entertainment, help and community features.
4. New sounds for various functions (notifications, blades, navigation).
5. Calibration options for display/sound.
6. Calibration options for motion sensor devices.
7. New effects for Xbox LIVE Vision and dashboard background.
8. Disable changing of Theme when on Memory to prevent ' hanging' .
9. Preload recent, limited items upon dashboard bootup on Memory.
10. Faster loading of Themes section on guide.
11. Option to see what items will not work offline due to DRM license changing from Memory.
12. Option to automatically associate new DRM to items downloaded for free.
13. Indicate ' charging' status on guide when Play & Charge kit is connected.
14. Option to change text colors on guide to better contrast some backgrounds.
16. Language improvements.
18. Word censor updated for fields.
19. Privacy Settings/Family Settings updated for new features.
20. Voice, picture messages can be read at Xbox.com (Gold accounts).

< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 14 May 08 17:02:13 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 01:14
Thanks eddie for the info, those you wrote in bold seem very interesting and i hope they make it in this update, but i have one concerne, how can i update the dashboard without having to connect to live ... if you know what i mean, do games update the dashboard, that is if i play a Nov 2008 game on my xbox, will that update my system ?
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 08:59
What I used to do Aba, was just go to their xbox.com site and download the latest update into a cd and just install it from there, they normally have all of their updates available at the site.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 09:19
The best update yet.

Option to donate Microsoft Points to anybody with a Windows Live ID. (a brilliant idea for going 50/50 on the point cards)

You poor bastard. Going halfsies on something that costs 15$...

Support for titles to store installation data on Storage Device for faster loading.

Suddenly I want the 120GB drive.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 09:48

It doesn' t already do this? Hell, even the original Xbox did that. Remember those super-lengthy Halo 2 install times where you' d just sit and look at the logo with a sloooowly moving bar that went across the screen as it cached? Remember not having to sit through that the 2nd time you booted up the game? Many Xbox titles did this.

Copy non-protected files (pictures, music, videos) from USB storage devices, CDs and computers to proprietary storage devices.

Yeah, like game saves. There is an analyzer for Burnout Paradise where you can copy your game save to a USB device or whatever, take it to your PC and upload it to Criterion' s website where they will give you a map indicating the whereabouts of any missed smashes, jumps, billboards and little things like that. Completely awesome, especially when you can' t find that damn 400th smash. Oh, and it only works on the PS3 version since the Xbox360 encrypts their game saves.

DTS sound in games would also be nice.
Agent Ghost

RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 09:51

It doesn' t already do this? Hell, even the original Xbox did that. Remember those super-lengthy Halo 2 install times where you' d just sit and look at the logo with a sloooowly moving bar that went across the screen as it cached? Remember not having to sit through that the 2nd time you booted up the game? Many Xbox titles did this.

Some do yeah. Now the 360 will be able to do it with any 360 game.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 10:00

You poor bastard. Going halfsies on something that costs 15$...

Sometimes you only need 800 points. It' s not a money issue.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 15 May 08 2:04:56 >
Agent Ghost

RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 10:08
You always need more, except the last time you buy points that is. Of course it' s a money issue. Everything is a money issue, everything can be fixed or destroyed with money.
< Message edited by agent ghost -- 15 May 08 2:11:19 >
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 10:27
No you don' t.

I seriously have 800 MS points sitting on my account, doing absolutely nothing, because I just don' t need them.

If I had a way to " donate" them, I' d either give them to you, or someone who really wanted them, or I' d hold on to them for ages until something came up that I liked.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 16:08

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Caching and installation are different. Caching would only cover a small number of files at one time, and would usually be overwritten when not used for a while. Installation is permanent and probably organised differently.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 16:48

I seriously have 800 MS points sitting on my account, doing absolutely nothing, because I just don' t need them.

I recommend you drop 400 on Space Giraffe. Read up on how to play it; it takes a little while to " get it" but it' s a deep game once you do.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 17:10

Any 360 game? Ever? That' s impossible. How would it know what data to cache? How would the game know to access the cached data on the HD? It would be new games only, and again it doesn' t seem like something that would require a system update.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 17:24
Removing the 0 points and 0 achievements would be good, all those trial arcade games can at last woo hoo.

I hope some of the rumours turn to reality as that would be a damn good update.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 15, 2008 17:38

ORIGINAL: Joe Redifer

Any 360 game? Ever? That' s impossible. How would it know what data to cache? How would the game know to access the cached data on the HD? It would be new games only, and again it doesn' t seem like something that would require a system update.

Installation is different from caching. Basically, the 360 is going to be placing data in a place where it' s less bandwidth constricted. It' s not running code any differently, and the game will just do it' s usual thing, albeit faster because of the improved transfer speeds.

It' s like when you mod the first Xbox to run games off the HDD. All games load much faster and have no streaming issues (like texture ' popping' ). They' re not doing anything differently. It' s just that they can access data in a more efficient way.

The games won' t need to know the difference.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 16, 2008 00:15

It' s like when you mod the first Xbox to run games off the HDD. All games load much faster and have no streaming issues (like texture ' popping' ). They' re not doing anything differently. It' s just that they can access data in a more efficient way.

GTA IV sans-texture pop-in... I' m drooling at the thought.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 16, 2008 00:23
Chimura thanks a lot for the answer.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 16, 2008 00:33
But what difference would it make where you got the update from? If they want to brick modded systems then it' ll be the update itself, not through a Live connection.

The updates for the website are for people who don' t have internet connections.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 16, 2008 00:42
Buy a Bdass PC > All
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 16, 2008 00:50
My Alienware pretty much killed my 360 off. My XBL subscription ran out in Jan or Feb and i haven' t renewed it yet. I may never renew it. This year, save for Gears 2 and Ninja Gaiden 2 i can' t think of anything off the top of my head that i' ll be waiting for on 360.

For multiplatform games, if the PS3 versions are up to par i' ll buy those, and if there' s a PC version i' ll buy that over the concole releases.

Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Badass 360 Spring Update List - May 16, 2008 00:50
Well... yeah, but that doesn' t mean this isn' t worth mentioning, or isn' t of value.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 28

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message