Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sonic Team: " Vaio PS3"
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Sonic Team: " Vaio PS3" - Feb 12, 2007 18:22

' Vaio PS3' would appeal to right people, says Sonic Team boss

Tuesday 6-Feb-2007 4:59 PM Sonic Team director talks to CVG about Sony' s PlayStation 3 strategy

Sonic Team boss and director of Sonic and the Secret Rings, Yogiro Ogawa, cites the PS3 as " very expensive" , in a recent interview with CVG.

When asked if he thought the features the PS3 offer are worth the hefty price tag, Ogawa replied: " Now I think that if Sony had sold the PS3 alongside the Vaio brand, maybe like calling it the ' Vaio PS3' or something like that, it may have been more appealing to the right people.

" I think that the way in which Sony has chosen to approach the PS3 could have been better. It' s very expensive."

He does however give Nintendo the thumbs up, saying: " If you look at videogame history, Nintendo hardware always extends on what we have. They design, develop and create new toys." He later cites the Wii Remote as " a fun device to design games for" due to it' s innovation and the new challenges is poses for developers.

Look out for the full interview with Ogawa tomorrow, in which we discuss the innovations of Sonic and the Secret Rings, the future of Sonic and life at Sonic Team without departed boss, Yuji Naka.

LINK

You might think it makes no sense whatsoever but PS3 is still only an extension of PSX and that bombed severely. No mass market price-point, no mass market userbase.

uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Sonic Team: " Vaio PS3" - Feb 12, 2007 21:17
I' ll wait for sonic team to release a good game before i start listening to their opinion again...

Yes it' s expensive and we all know it but I don' t see why mention it, it' s not a secret or something that will change anytime soon.

it will still sell, and eventually when the price drops more people will buy it. but your right it' s just like an extention on the psx.... it was like a test the waters with psx and learn nothing from it typical sony
< Message edited by uumai -- 12 Feb 07 13:19:04 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Sonic Team: " Vaio PS3" - Feb 12, 2007 23:48
I' m still buying one.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Sonic Team: " Vaio PS3" - Feb 13, 2007 01:40
me too number 3 preorder
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Sonic Team: " Vaio PS3" - Feb 13, 2007 03:09
Could be big, maybe not. I wouldn' t spend my cash yet.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Sonic Team: " Vaio PS3" - Feb 13, 2007 08:35
I want good games!!! C' mon Sony! I know you can do it! This should be a walk in the park for you!

Slightly off topic though, I' m debating whether to go for the 20 or 50 gig model. The HDD doesn' t bother me, as I' ll be buying a much larger one to accomidate HD goodies, and paint doesn' t bother me, as I' ll be changing that once the factory warranty dies, but I' m still thinking about WiFi/Memstick reader capabilities.

An extra $100 for WiFi & Memstick reader. I guess that solves it then.

(Yeah, I really did have a mental debate with myself while posting)

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll