Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Capcom jumps on the UE3.0 bandwagon
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Capcom jumps on the UE3.0 bandwagon - Feb 27, 2007 22:43

Capcom announced that it has entered into an agreement to license the Unreal Engine 3 from Epic Games, Inc., for an unannounced project being developed in North America.

" The Unreal Engine is one of the most powerful and versatile tools available for next-generation game development," said Mark Beaumont, executive vice president, officer and head of Capcom consumer software publishing in the Americas and Europe. " More than just a graphics engine, UE3 will empower the development team to create the quality experience that gamers expect from a Capcom product."

" Capcom is known for the quality and artistry of their games," said Mark Rein, vice president, Epic Games. " We' re glad that Unreal Engine 3 can be a part of their creative process."

LINK

Should give Gears 2 a real run for it' s money eh...

EDIT: dumb tags!
< Message edited by NITRO -- 27 Feb 07 15:32:30 >
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Capcom jumps on the UE3.0 bandwagon - Feb 28, 2007 00:03
Well for me Capcom are on a major role right now so i look forward to seeing whats next for them[apart from RE5 of course]
Nitro

RE: Capcom jumps on the UE3.0 bandwagon - Feb 28, 2007 00:14

ORIGINAL: Dead Saint

Well for me Capcom are on a major role right now so i look forward to seeing whats next for them[apart from RE5 of course]

It' s probably some sort of sequel. I mean, the only IP held by Capcom USA is Street Fighter.

Their Framework engine (powering Dead Rising, Lost Planet, Devil May Cry 4 and Resident Evil 5) will be what their Japanese developed games run on. UE3.0 will be used for whatever the USA lot are developing.

This isn' t a revelation for some though. Pre-development work will have started months ago. Y' know, stuff like storyboards and artwork.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Capcom jumps on the UE3.0 bandwagon - Feb 28, 2007 00:22
Well there is a new Street Fighter film so it could be something to tie into that.
Nitro

RE: Capcom jumps on the UE3.0 bandwagon - Feb 28, 2007 00:31

ORIGINAL: Dead Saint

Well there is a new Street Fighter film so it could be something to tie into that.

I kinda, ...doubt it.

That said, i seriously hope they don' t do a tie in game when the movie arrives...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll