Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 A Few Details About Heavy Rain
canadagamer

• Total Posts : 965
A Few Details About Heavy Rain - Mar 13, 2008 01:00

On Locations:
" I don' t want to do a big free-roaming city like GTA, because the flow of the story will then be hard to control. Nevertheless, I do want to incorporate big sets, with a crowd, heavy populated areas like a mall and a subway are going to be in there. Of course, the gameplay has got to make use of that aspect too."

On Graphics:
" People will be surprised. Internal (Sony' s) feedback on graphics has been great. This is going to be a truly next-gen game. But still, we want to do something unique with the graphics, going beyond just making the most photorealistic world we can."

On Gameplay:
" With the release of Fahrenheit, we gave the adventure genre a new grammar. We brought new ways into the genre, new words if you want to see it like that, a new vocabulaire. With Heavy Rain, where going to expand on that same grammar."

On Story:
" Heavy Rain is about normal people that have landed in extraordinary situations. I wanted a much more personal story. The first thing that came to my mind, as a father of two little boys, was that the main theme should simply be a father' s love for his son. This is not a game about saving the princess or the world. Its purely about a father' s love."

" The main story will revolve around 4 different characters, and we' re putting the spotlight on their perceptions. The question ' what is good and what is evil' is the key here, that will be just a matter of viewpoint...I believe heavily in moral choices, I' m going to use them A LOT. They' re not about being good or bad, but about finding the right balance."

I have this listed as one of my 2008 anticipated titles, but I am wondering if it is wishful thinking for a 2008 release and more of a reality for a 2009 release?

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: A Few Details About Heavy Rain - Mar 13, 2008 04:23
Brilliant, so thirsty for any info on Heavy Rain. Like the sound of it already, and reassuring they talked the most about story.

I loved the moral choices in the intro scene to Fahrenheit, you kinda wanted to tell someone you just found a dead body and you' re innocent, but you weren' t really sure and if you told the truth who would believe you, leaving you to have to cover up and run away. Then they made you feel guilty about it when the tramp sees you climbing out of the window into the alley way.

Best bit in Fahrenheit was getting back to your flat and just wandering around playing with all the stuff. Being able to play different songs on the guitar was a fun surprise.

Btw, link?
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: A Few Details About Heavy Rain - Mar 13, 2008 04:36
I thought Farenheit' s story began to unwind towards the end, but it was still one of my favorite experiences in a game in a long time.

I am definitely liking these new details about Heavy Rain, sounds very interesting.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: A Few Details About Heavy Rain - Mar 13, 2008 05:25
That fleshes out their plan for the game a bit, but I' m still waiting for some brand-new hyper-amazing media to knock my socks off with this game. It' s been a while since there' s been anything released hasn' t it?
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: A Few Details About Heavy Rain - Mar 13, 2008 05:47
Yeah, only thing was the audition trailer from a couple of E3 ago.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll