Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 02:08
LINK

Thanks alot Nintendo!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 02:12
Umm.... WHY!!??!??!
I personally don' t play online that much but seriously, Nintendo is living in the stoneage compared to Sony and Microsoft.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 02:18
YAY!!! Give me an N...... N!!!!

Give me an O...... NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Nintendo, you stuffed up! Idiots...
Duffman

RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 02:19
I can' t fucking understand it either! They already made an awful decision with using friend codes and now this!
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 02:41
LOL friend codes. I' m buying a PS3 before a Wii. Anyone who expected a decent online experience on their Wii bought the wrong console. Does Wii even have an Ethernet port?
Duffman

RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 03:14

Anyone who expected a decent online experience on their Wii bought the wrong console.

Well I wasen' t expecting anything like Xbox Live but something reasonable. Nintendo not allowing 3rd parties to add multiplayer before 2008 is just baffling!

Does Wii even have an Ethernet port?

No but who cares when it has built in Wireless. (Well maybe people who dont have a router... but alot of people do nowadays). The 360 doesn' t even have built in wireless which is a pain.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 04:02
I can' t game on a wireless connection. It' s like pissing in the wind.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 05:04
I' m waiting for confirmation from Nitro on whether this is actually real before I post much of a response.

If it is true, it' s easily one of the stupidest moves they could have made. I hope for Nintendo' s sake that this isn' t true. Otherwise...................
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 06:38
Sucks for Wii owners, But right now, I would worry about the lack of real games to play.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 06:57
Yeah that rumour is dishearting, especially for Hardcore gamers. Nintendo really need to get there act together very soon or else they will squander what ever momentum they have achieved up till now. For me the news is disappointing, no doubt, but i' m not a big online gaming fan so the news isn' t as bad for me. Also the new gamers that are being sucked in by the Wii will probably not care so much.

NOt the type of news i' d wish to hear after such a successful launch. I hope that when Wii' s online does eventually arrive that it is something worth waiting for.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 6 Mar 07 22:58:27 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 08:00
Either it' s a terrible rumor, or there' s some kind of as-of-yet unexplained motive in Nintendo' s gameplan. It seems likely that they' d want to get their first party titles online first... but putting the gun on 3rd party developers? Something isn' t right here.

One big drawback the Wii has for me is the pitiless pandering Nintendo is giving to the uneducated masses. They' re sticking with their plan to appeal to everybody, but do they have to make everything so simple? I don' t have much hope for their online plan in all actuality. Waiting for over a year to implement an entire portion of their gaming experience? An integral one in todays market I might add. It' s not like it' s just a movie download station or something finnicky like that, they' ve just cut out about 50% of my gaming experience.

If they don' t get their act together soon, I' ll be splurging on a PS3 or a nicer PC.
Duffman

RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 18:19

I' m waiting for confirmation from Nitro on whether this is actually real before I post much of a response.

But right now, I would worry about the lack of real games to play.

Yeah exactly. There really is a lack of decent games for the Wii at the moment and it doesn' t look like it will get better anytime soon.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 19:07

ORIGINAL: Duffman

Well it' s not exactly news to me but the fact that there won' t be any this year is surprising, ...and unofficial.

I knew that Nintendo weren' t planning on releasing Wi-Fi connection libraries to 3rd parties until at least April/May but i expected 3rd party games released after say August to have online modes.

Online is going to be huge this gen and Nintendo need to get to grips with it because running and supporting a proper online service isn' t easy. I' m not sure they' re even interested though and it' s certainly not their focus.

But meh, what Wii games would you want to play online? *wonders how the Wiimote would work with even a tiny bit of lag*
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 19:15
Nintendo are greedy bastards and running an online service costs a lot of money.
There' s your reason!
Just wait til they start explaining it
" Well, we didn' t wanna go the same path as our competitors, making stuff faster and stronger, because that scares away people who have never played online. We wanted to innovate the online experience. That' s why we have the super-innovative friends codes, an innovative weather channel and a stupid (in a innovative way) poll channel that makes no sense at all!"
Nitro

RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 19:25

I had a dig at him for posting an unsubstantiated rumour that was false. He was taking the piss.

Git.
Duffman

RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 21:56

Git.

That hurts Nitro.....*sniff*.................
Nitro

RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 07, 2007 23:10

Git.

That hurts Nitro.....*sniff*.................

Not you, ...him.

Duffman

RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 08, 2007 00:09

Not you, ...him.

Sorry my mistake. (and I was only messing with the whole ' that hurts thing' )
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 08, 2007 01:33
What online games is Nintendo going to have this year anyway? I can only think of Pokemon and Smash Bros., though those are giants.

I had a dig at him for posting an unsubstantiated rumour that was false. He was taking the piss.

Git.

Okay, I must be horrible at translating slang. What did you just say there?
Duffman

RE: No 3rd party Wii multiplayer before 2008 - Mar 08, 2007 01:44

Okay, I must be horrible at translating slang. What did you just say there?

I just looked it up on Wikipedia and its a " mild British slang term, used to denote a silly, stupid, annoying or childish person" .
Ya learn something new everyday.

What online games is Nintendo going to have this year anyway?

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption(only rumoured to be Wi-Fi), Mario Strikers Charged, Animal Crossing, Forever Blue and Battalion Wars 2. I' m not sure if all of these will be out this year though.
< Message edited by Duffman -- 7 Mar 07 17:44:47 >
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread