Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Wii music fails
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Re:Wii music fails - Nov 16, 2008 15:16
Although im pretty sure it'll have legs, Wii Music Failed ever since Nintendo's E3 2008 press conference in my eyes.

Agent Ghost

Re:Wii music fails - Nov 16, 2008 15:51
the optimistic spectator

I Personally think Nintendo has taken advantage of frivolous spending.  The sticker price was relatively cheap compared to the competition.  Wii was in impulse buy territory.  The result is that we've observed people dropping what seemed to them like arbitrary amounts of money on a toy.  But the fact is that 300$ is still a lot of money for most people, and it's no longer perceived as impulse buy territory with the world economy being in a crunch.  This is where chasing after a casual market fails.  A brilliant strategy by Nintendo has backfired, even against basic logic.

You might think in economic difficulties people would be more likely to support the cheaper console, the problem is that Wii is no longer the cheapest.  Also, people are going to be more critical of what they purchase.  Less people are spending money frivolously thus less people will buy Wii and Wii games.  Objectively speaking Wii has less to offer, especially at the same price.  With the price of the 360 decreasing bellow the cost of Wii, we're seeing a lower attach ratio for the 360.  This is because poorer people are now buying the console and thus buy less games.  360 is robbing Wii's potential marketshare by being cheaper. 

That being said Nintendo's strategy shines through all of this by simply producing a console that generates a profit with hardware sales.  They don't need to sall any games to be profitable. 
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Nov 16, 2008 15:53>
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
Re:Wii music fails - Nov 16, 2008 18:53
Uh....  Wii still outsold the 360 by almost 500,000 units in North America for the month of October -- and that takes into account the 360 price drop.  It's a bit premature for you to state your prediction in past tense, Ghost.
Virtua fighter 5

Re:Wii music fails - Nov 16, 2008 22:06
Agent, the 360 price cut did not effect Wii sales in the slightest.

Agent Ghost

Re:Wii music fails - Nov 16, 2008 23:26
Who cares about console sales?  I'm talking about the games.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Wii music fails - Nov 17, 2008 04:01
Of course it is an impulse buy. Look at the Wii's software attach rates. It's floating around 2 games a piece (3, if you count Wii Sports), whereas the PS3 and 360 are at four and five (approximately, and respectively).
<message edited by Eddie_the_Hated on Nov 17, 2008 04:05>
Virtua fighter 5

Re:Wii music fails - Nov 17, 2008 14:27
Eddie_the_Hated

Of course it is an impulse buy. Look at the Wii's software attach rates. It's floating around 2 games a piece (3, if you count Wii Sports), whereas the PS3 and 360 are at four and five (approximately, and respectively).

FFS, do you understand Nintendo's Business model?? and why it's so successful? People who go into a shop to buy a 'Wii' for Wiisports / wiifit or whatever will hardly likely walk out with a damn 360 and gears of war fucking 2. Aint gonna happen. Especially with that demographic audience Nintendo seem so good to grasp hold of. 

Nintendo's 'perfectly executed' business model has set it's Wii / DS in a difference league to it's 'once' competition. Nintendo has a market to themself's. It's not even known as a 'games console' to alot of people but just 'Wii' FFS. 

As for attach rates, pointless.. Nintendo dosn't have or even need a fraction of the 3rd party support M$, Sony thrives on to sell consoles. Also, If you were to scale it own to '1st party' attach rates, it'll be a totally different story.
<message edited by Virtua fighter 5 on Nov 17, 2008 14:29>
Agent Ghost

Re:Wii music fails - Nov 17, 2008 14:30
Sony and MS collect royalties from third party titles.  They also promote the console.  Nintendo's business model is brilliant simply because they've sold Wii hardware for a profit since day one.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Wii music fails - Nov 17, 2008 14:54
Virtua fighter 5

Nintendo's 'perfectly executed' business model has set it's Wii / DS in a difference league to it's 'once' competition. Nintendo has a market to themself's. It's not even known as a 'games console' to alot of people but just 'Wii' FFS. 

Means squat. There are 100 million + "gamers" up for grabs.

Nintendo have done well, we all acknowledge that... but the last time i turned my Wii on was about 3 months ago to play SMG. My SNES, 64 and Gamecube never went a day or two without being switched on.

Wii has maybe 3 promising looking games now... and nothing else. Oh sure i'll buy the next Zelda when that comes out... but other than that why should i give a fuck?
Bababoo

• Total Posts : 62
Re:Wii music fails - Nov 17, 2008 15:09
This game was always destined to fail ever since Miyamoto showed it, i mean it was a complete mess.
I mean even retards are dissing the game.
I'm sure we'll see it as a happy meal toy that doubles as a coaster.
They'll probably change the name in Japan to Hello Kitty Music.
Nitro's right there are no games for the Wii now and nothing good is even announced yet, atleast PS3 has Final Fantasy Versus coming.
<message edited by Bababoo on Nov 17, 2008 15:18>
Nitro

Re:Wii music fails - Nov 17, 2008 15:26
Feels like i have a tongue in my ass...
Bababoo

Re:Wii music fails - Nov 17, 2008 15:30
I'm sure that's not all you have in your ass.
<message edited by Bababoo on Nov 17, 2008 15:31>
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Wii music fails - Nov 17, 2008 15:34
Nitro

Feels like i have a tongue in my ass...

He just wants to be your "chat buddy".

And did you seriously just use FF7 Versus as your argument to "having games"? If youre going to mention PS3 games you shouldve went with God of War, White Knight, LBP, something guaranteed to be good. A spin-off of a PSOne game is hardly anything to be happy about.
Nitro

Re:Wii music fails - Nov 17, 2008 16:13
Bababoo

I'm sure that's not all you have in your ass.

Well since you're back there maybe you can have a look!?

Bababoo

Re:Wii music fails - Nov 17, 2008 16:17
Finally coming out of the closet eh?
I've seen too much in there and you and me both know you're constipated, as am i.
I didn't mention FF7, can't you read it says versus? 7 that's just a rumour as of now.
Yes i know Sony lost a FF game to the 360 but they still have 1 exclusive 1.
<message edited by Bababoo on Nov 17, 2008 16:24>
Nitro

Re:Wii music fails - Nov 17, 2008 16:30
Bababoo

I've seen too much in there and you and me both know you're constipated, as am i.

So are you going to drop the near-illiteracy act now? I mean, i know people get shit for that here... but if people can't take a little shit then they shouldn't be on the fucking internet... let alone posting in a videogame forum.

And i think you've gone a little overboard with the Shenmue references. You could have dragged it on if you'd just been a little more subtle. It would have been far funnier tht way.
Bababoo

Re:Wii music fails - Nov 17, 2008 16:43
Where was i referencing Shenmue? Wait you just want me to chat with you some more.
Hmm where is this heading? rolls eyes, falls over, bites his nail.
<message edited by Bababoo on Nov 17, 2008 16:47>
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Wii music fails - Nov 18, 2008 07:18
Bababoo

I didn't mention FF7, can't you read it says versus? 7 that's just a rumour as of now.
Yes i know Sony lost a FF game to the 360 but they still have 1 exclusive 1.

Lol, illiterate ****bag, read my post. I said Versus. After youre finished tossing Nitro's salad can we all form a line?
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Wii music fails - Nov 18, 2008 07:54
You know...somehow this thread is still cohesive and related to the to the thread title...what with the sodemy and anal exams and all...
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message