Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 27, 2006 05:12
At least thats what I feel like right now. I got the game a day before the UK launch and whapped Ayane into training mode to remember a few moves here and there. After then I stuck her in story mode and the FIRST GUY preceded to whup my ass. I practiced a bit more, tried again and the same thing happened...

... I used to be halfway decent on DOA2 for Dreamcast but it seems I' ve lost my nack. Has anyone any tips for starting to get to grips with this game?
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 27, 2006 05:20
BUTTON MASH like there' s NO tomorrow!

Eventually you' ll start to get a feel for the game
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 27, 2006 05:25
LOL!

Ha, it' s just much harder. Keep practicing my man and once you get into it you' ll be fine. Ha, you should be grateful it' s not Ninja Gaiden hard!

I got all the costumes for all the characters and Kokoro' s uniforms are heaven sent!
whatabout_paul

RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 27, 2006 05:26
Well usually I can mash with one character just to get a feel of what button does what and progress a bit in the storymode. I hit a brick wall at 100mph this time.
Terry Bogard

RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 27, 2006 05:31
Kokoro is like a dandelion in the moonlight...

...or some profound $hitte like that

She' s like the Dead or Alive version of Virtua Fighter' s Aoi, graceful, yet, tougher to use than most of the other characters -- which makes learning how to use her all the more cooler!!1!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 27, 2006 06:49
Time Attack WILL rot your gut. Have fun having to win 2 out of 3 matches against everyone. I beat it with everyone and it took me over a half hour once because of the boss.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 27, 2006 14:57
Yeah it really is harder, i started out with Kasumi and i really didnt know how to punch, i havent played DOA 3 for some years though.

Anyway i got started after i beat the story mode with Kasumi and thigns went on a bit more fluent from there. I beat it with half the characters now.

Cool game but fighting games can make me sooooo angry
whatabout_paul

RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 28, 2006 08:36
Ok, so after a bit of practice I managed to beat Story Mode as Ayane. I only managed to remember two or three moves but it was enough to win with.

Alpha at the end is a pain, though I' ve spotted how to beat her if only I were good enough. Whenever she teleports she waits a momen before unleashing hell. You have to get to her and hit a quick combo before she can pull something off. Something low too just to avoid her spinning kicks of doom.
Terry Bogard

RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 28, 2006 09:13

Alpha at the end is a pain, though I' ve spotted how to beat her if only I were good enough. Whenever she teleports she waits a momen before unleashing hell. You have to get to her and hit a quick combo before she can pull something off.

3 words: Strategic Button Mashing

That' s how I beat her most of the time! I circle the arena and jam on the buttons hoping something cool happens
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 28, 2006 12:44
Hee hee hee, Terry, that is how I do it as well. But I am a girl and that is how we play fighting games.
Terry Bogard

RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 28, 2006 13:32

But I am a girl and that is how we play fighting games.

Some of you girls are quite skilled at fighting games! One of my favorite arcade moments was watching this one girl destroy her male competition at one of the Street Fighter II machines.
Vx Chemical

RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 28, 2006 23:34
Just beat time attack with Ayane, the first fights took me 7 minutes, and it took me 28 minutes over all, just because of that Alpha b*tch

She sucks big time
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 29, 2006 00:06
Doodz (and Doodette)! I just got my ASS HANDED TO ME! I was playing as Tina in Time Attack Mode, and when I got to Helena it took me AT LEAST 15 minutes to beat her! After dispatching Spartan-458 in two rounds I got to alpha and.... Well, let' s just say the entire ordeal took me 48 MINUTES! I swear, I' m one patient M*F*er, but I was throwin tantrums like a 5 year old!!

locopuyo is right. Time Attack is SOOO much harder than Story Mode! I' m trying to unluck Tengu, but I' ve only gone through Time Attack with about 7 people. I can only muster about 2 a day, before I' m ready to break shit!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 29, 2006 01:21
....just take deep breaths... ..and think about a cute blue eyed kitten mewing for it' s mother....
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 29, 2006 02:54
hahahaha. It feels really good to be down with time attack have fun bcc' s
whatabout_paul

RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 30, 2006 01:11
My Girlfriend has a bash of DOA4 against me today and I was actually shocked that I could beat her just with some base knowladge of every characters moves and the reversal system. She did managed to get a few lucky wins over me and seemed to be best as the female Luchador. I managed to shock myself with Jan Lee though, staying back then using controlled explosions of rage worked a treat.
Chee Saw

RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 30, 2006 04:05
Whoops! Wrong thread!
< Message edited by Chee Saw -- 29 Jan 06 20:34:59 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 30, 2006 04:15
Im already dreading at beating time attack with all characters. Oh god that will be tough and annoying. I think ill complete the story mode for all first!
whatabout_paul

RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 30, 2006 07:33
I got to the end of time attack the first time in a respectable for a first time 7-8 mins... Alpha then kicked my ass so many times I smashed my 360 pad on my knee causing the battery pack to fall out and onto the floor! Next time I will *crush* her/it!
Chee Saw

RE: Dead or Alive 4 Abused me as a Child - Jan 30, 2006 19:04
LOL! Told ya! I' m gonna go play right now! Two characters tonight. I' m thinkin' .... Lei Fang and.... Eliot.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll