Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Odd Brothers in Arms Wii Interview
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Odd Brothers in Arms Wii Interview - Sep 09, 2007 23:48
GI.BIZ

Not a bad interview overall, but certain things caught my eye.

" Were there any specific challenges you faced trying to port the prior games over to the Wii?

The biggest challenge was probably moving the Xbox shaders over to the Wii. We moved skeletal mesh processing over to the CPU, and re-wrote the pixel shaders to Wii' s fixed-function pipeline. Overall, the lighting, water, particle effects look just about like they did on the Xbox.

Have you been able to get the same level of graphical detail that you were able to reach in the Xbox game with the Wii, or is it closer to the PS2 version?

Closer to the Xbox for sure - The Wii version actually utilizes higher resolution textures than the original Xbox version. As a result, the fidelity of the world is actually quite a bit improved – it' s really noticeable in 480p.

So... they' re asking if the game is going to be able to match up with their last generation performance? What the hell?!

I mean, I' m aware the hardware on the Wii isn' t anything to write home about, that' s not really debatable. However, to say, " Well, we didn' t bother tweaking the game any, it looks about as good as the game we made 3 years ago on 6 year old hardware. Get excited!" ...

Maybe I' m reading too deeply into it, but, it makes it sound like the developers aren' t really trying, because the industry doesn' t expect jack-squat from the Wii anymore.

Edit: This isn' t going to become a flamebait thread. If you don' t have anything constructive to say, keep it elsewhere.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 9 Sep 07 15:48:52 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message