Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Torrents & P2P File Sharing
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
Torrents & P2P File Sharing - Mar 21, 2006 11:46
...overrated?..... ...useless?....

...or am i just plain crap??.........

...because after like, installing Azureus weeks ago, trying to figure out what the hell a NAT problem was, screwing around with my router for days on end, ordering a new one, re-reading about NAT and then more skin destroying hours screwing with router connections and port forwarding....

...i thought i was finally ready to take advantage of what' s considered to now make up a 3rd of all Internet traffic.....

...but...

...after more day destroying hours trying to find decent p2p communities or websites, i' m about ready to stamp on my router...

...anyone know what i' m doing wrong?.... ...or are torrents simply a very bad joke??...

...' cause all i have managed to do, is spend hours waiting around for about 10mins of random PartyPoker crap to download.....
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Torrents & P2P File Sharing - Mar 21, 2006 15:24
Dude I dont think we are aloud to discuss this stuff. May wanna read the rules over quickly to check cause im not sure. But I think a few people have gotten in some trouble or warned for it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Torrents & P2P File Sharing - Mar 21, 2006 23:54
No link' s, directions to, mentioning of specific software or how to' s.

If it' s advice that' s needed then PM somebody.

are torrents simply a very bad joke??

No, but they CAN be a pain in the ass!
Bishonen

RE: Torrents & P2P File Sharing - Mar 22, 2006 01:49
....we can' t talk about torrents?... ... so do the Communists own the internet now too??....

...what kind of fascist corporate lawyer bullsh*t is that???....

......the technology isn' t even ' illegal' anyway!!....

...check your messages majik...

Bishonen

RE: Torrents & P2P File Sharing - Mar 22, 2006 02:15
... hey did you guys receive my messages?..... ..kikizo' s sh*te software is showing nothing in my sent box!.... i can' t tell if you guys received them!!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Torrents & P2P File Sharing - Mar 22, 2006 05:17
Yeah, we got them, and you should have replies too!

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Torrents & P2P File Sharing - Mar 22, 2006 06:45
It' s such a shame that torrents and p2p are abused so much for blatent piracy and theft. I never understood how they' re allowed to get away with it. I used to use it for that when I was 12, but not since I understood how bad a problem it is. It' s just lack of understanding really, especially as it' s the easiest form of theft ever invented.
Most people dont steal when they' re a certain young age because they' re afraid of getting caught, not cause they understand about property ownership, not having everything for free just cos you want it etc. So the complete anonymity of it is just too appealing. It' s a bit of an abstract concept to teach kids also, so the only way to stop it is to somehow prosecute anyone found seeding illegal files, without breaching people' s privacy. Hmm, an impossible task?

Torrents are useful for stuff other than piracy though. It' s great that small sites that can' t afford large bandwidth usage can use it to spread the load off their servers. My friend' s small developer site uses it to distribute its free game.

I also find it useful to get rare stuff I can' t find here in the UK, like TV shows that never get shown here or that one old episode of Ren & Stimpy, Dangermouse or Transformers that I know I can' t buy anymore.
< Message edited by choupolo -- 21 Mar 06 22:54:48 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Torrents & P2P File Sharing - Mar 22, 2006 08:19
You can talk about torrents here, they are perfectly legal and a great way for small websites to share information. Just that they get abused.
Bishonen

RE: Torrents & P2P File Sharing - Mar 23, 2006 09:39
...KiLLeR, did you receive my message?....

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll