Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Bonus Round PS3, Wii, Xbox SHOWDOWN!!!!
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
Bonus Round PS3, Wii, Xbox SHOWDOWN!!!! - Nov 12, 2006 17:57
Hmm Ps3 first Wii second X360 Third I would have to agree with the fact that Wii are gonna own come 2007.

But after that it seems PS3 will start to take the lead.

Power VS Innovation VS Online............I love it

http://www.gametrailers.com/bonusround.php?ep=1&pt=3#comments

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Bonus Round PS3, Wii, Xbox SHOWDOWN!!!! - Nov 12, 2006 19:07
More like power+Blu Ray vs. innovation+cost advantage vs. power+online.

PS3 is not more powerful than 360, not in any way that will make the games better. If that was the case I would have picked up a PS3 instead of a 360.
< Message edited by Agent ghost -- 12 Nov 06 11:08:18 >
OneWingedAngel

• Total Posts : 142
RE: Bonus Round PS3, Wii, Xbox SHOWDOWN!!!! - Nov 12, 2006 19:09
It is truly going to be an interesting showdown. I cannot fortell what the places are gonna be but i easily say that Nintendo will have a success with the Wii (compared to the sales of Gamecube).

There is a great possibility that Sony will end up finishing first (one must not forget the name of the brand) but i strongly believe that they will loose a great % of the market to 360 and Wii will be the one to expand that market.

As for the place the 360 will finish at is something that needs further discussion.It has many pros as a machine but still needs a greater gaming library. What i am sure of, is that MS will gain an even greater % of the market.

And so it begins....
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Bonus Round PS3, Wii, Xbox SHOWDOWN!!!! - Nov 12, 2006 19:40
In the end I think it will be pretty even, Wii will l have a strong start but will lose a lot of ground near the end when the other two have price drops and games that really push each console.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Bonus Round PS3, Wii, Xbox SHOWDOWN!!!! - Nov 12, 2006 21:11
that is if the cost of production comes down, as i pointed out earlier the cost of producing a 360 has actually INCREASED one year in. This could be bullshit but this news came directly from microsoft (might be a grab for sympathy?). Now if production costs are not coming down quickly enough then there is no way that the ps3 or 360 can experience substancial price drops, (i' m talking around the US$200 mark), plus this rule also applies to the technology filled ps3. They might get to this price eventually, but if this happens 3-4 years down the track will it be too late? Will Wii' s low price and unique play grab a large enough user base as to make the 360s or ps3s HD graphics largely irrelevant (ala what ps2 did to GC and xbox1) in that time? Thats the real question. BTW The Wii will drop in price alot easier and be accessible to larger audiences.

If Nintendo sell all the 4 million Wiis by years end then that will be a major win for there plans, i mean it took almost a year for the 360 to reach over 6 million units, so moving 4 million Wiis in 2 months will definately get peoples attention. sonys ps3 are currently not in the running with no definate numbers being put on the table as of late. Can they still have 6 million ps3 by march 2007? I' m not counting on it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Bonus Round PS3, Wii, Xbox SHOWDOWN!!!! - Nov 12, 2006 22:28
POWER

Polycount/textures/shaders

360 > PS3 > Wii

Physics/AI/post processing effects

PS3 > 360 > PS3

Sound

PS3 > 360/Wii

I terms of visual output (teh grafficks) 360 will come out ahead. The difference between PS3 and 360' s GPU' s is huge. What we' ll seeon PS3 is a lot of particle and general post processing effects (think Black)

When it comes to sound, PS3 supports everything 360 does and then a sh!tload more. 360 and Wii are tied because even though Wii doesn' t support Dolby Digital 5.1, the speaker in the Wiimote should add another level of immersion if used properly.

INNOVATION

Wii > PS3 > 360

I' m guessing Eyetoy will do exactly what the Live Vision Camera does and probably even more so 360 obviously comes last here. Wii beats PS3 simply because of the control methods, although i sure that 2nd generation PS3 titles will make the tilt function worth having. It' s just a shame force feedback is gone.

360 > PS3 > Wii

No contest.

GAMES

360/PS3/Wii

There is no winner. If you like Mario and Zelda games, you need Wii. If you like Halo, Bioshock and Gears of War, you need 360. If you like Final Fantasy and games like God of War and Shadow of the Colossus then you need PS3.

360 has far more 3rd party support than Xbox had and currently has more exclusives. It' s getting more Japanese support and will be home to some sure-to-be-great RPG' s like Mass Effect and Lost Odyssey. PS3 has 3rd party support lie 360 and some awesome exclusives. Wii has more 3rd party support than Gamecube did and some awesome 1st party titles.

MEDIA FUNCTIONS

PS3 > 360 > Wii

That' s only right now though. PS3 can playback HD movies from memory sticks, flash cards etc an both unit have a built in harddrive. Blu-Ray is an advantage as it comes with the console but for the same kind of price you can get a 360 and the HD-DVD drive. The 360 fall update added some cool media playback options and 1080p support and there is the video marketplace coming so this battle is far from over.

Wii, ...well it' s a games console anyway and is cheap...

Papado

• Total Posts : 234
RE: Bonus Round PS3, Wii, Xbox SHOWDOWN!!!! - Nov 12, 2006 22:32
First of all, PS3 will definitely not be more puwerful than the 360; one example is Assassin' s creed on the 360 being better than on PS3.
Second, it will be a long time before any worthwile games are on on PS3, while withing the next year 360 will have Mass Effect, Bioshock, Blue Dragon, Lost Oddysey (Please gaming Gods!), Alan Wake, Darkwatch, probably Resident Evil 5, Assassin' s Creed, PGR4 (maybe), HALO fucking 3, etc....
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Bonus Round PS3, Wii, Xbox SHOWDOWN!!!! - Nov 12, 2006 23:03
Lets have this discussion later this week when somebody here has all three consoles. Just a thought.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll