Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 God of War Review Up
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
God of War Review Up - Mar 29, 2005 23:07
Just wanted to draw attention to it, considering it' s something special. The year has a long way to go, but it' s easily a legitimate contender for GoY. All gamers should appreciate it.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: God of War Review Up - Mar 29, 2005 23:39
Welcome back fathoms,,, I see the news of your demise were greatly exaggerated :);)

I read half of the review while at work earlier but had to run, I' ll check out the rest NOW!!!1!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: God of War Review Up - Mar 30, 2005 01:26
I had never even heard of this game before 2 weeks ago when a friend and I were walking through a store and he said " God of War is supposed to be phiggidy phat might tight da bomb yo!" to which I replied " What in the living %$& is God of War?" and he said " It' s a phiggidy phat mad tight game fo' da PS2 yo!!" I was intrigued. But my Blockbuster rental pass was about to expire in a couple of days, and the game wouldn' t be released until the next week. Oh well. Blockbuster would have only have gotten one copy of the game anyway, and an employee would have had it for weeks on end due to " no late fees" . Blockbuster sucks. But long story short, I have no way to play the game because it doesn' t sound like one I want to buy. But I definitely would like to try it.

10-15 hours is pretty long for an action game. 20 hours is about all I can stand in an RPG before I just get sick and tired of the game (Ys 6 was almost the perfect length. Maybe could have been 5 or 6 minutes longer). For an action game to be Resident Evil 4 length, it limits the replay value for me tremendously. Putting that many hours into a single play through is more like a chore than just being able to wander into a room and say " Hey I wants to have me some fun with God of War!" and turn it on and play for a few until the cheeseburgers are done. Sure the first play through is fine, but after investing so many hours, I think about replaying the game and say " Ugg. I have better things to do like interact with real human beings outside of my home" . I really don' t know where people find all the time to invest in super-lengthy games time and time again. Oh well, I guess the " arcade game" is truly gone. I played Devil May Cry 3, and it was pretty fun and easy (I like playing the stages more than fighting the bosses... the bosses are kind of boring) but I started to get bored around that snake skeleton boss thing. I could try using the nunchucks given to me by the 3 headed dog, but I haven' t found the ambition to load up the game again.

What IS good about God of War is that it supports widescreen and 480p, a rarity for a PS2 game. So it' ll look real nice on EDTV and HDTV sets!

So there are exposed boobies in this game?
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 30 Mar 05 9:27:31 >
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: God of War Review Up - Mar 30, 2005 16:25
It' s getting great reviews and the graphics look pretty awesome for PS2 -- I' ll definitely give it a try.
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: God of War Review Up - Mar 30, 2005 16:55
It was reasonably prominent at the the Sony booth of last year' s E3 but I had heard almost nothing about it until our review went live... and I must say that I am now gagging to check it out. Universally praised titles like this rarely disappoint.
Fragus_Maximus

• Total Posts : 156
RE: God of War Review Up - Mar 30, 2005 18:55
the hack ' n slash gameplay will probably get really repetetive after a while
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: God of War Review Up - Mar 30, 2005 20:18

the hack ' n slash gameplay will probably get really repetetive after a while

No. There' s so much more to this game than that, it' s indescribable.
Joe Redifer

RE: God of War Review Up - Mar 30, 2005 21:38
Yes, like naked boobies!
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: God of War Review Up - Apr 02, 2005 09:27
i ahv this game and its great.very fun.it has great boss battles and nudity
Fragus_Maximus

• Total Posts : 156
RE: God of War Review Up - Apr 02, 2005 14:25

Yes, like naked boobies!

lol.....is the game mainly focused around fighting, or puzzles???
GodOfWar

• Total Posts : 49
RE: God of War Review Up - Apr 02, 2005 15:07
i have to disgree with you fragus gow doesnt get repetive . There are so many moves that you can do that makes this game not be repetitive . But it doesnt have replay value though
Joe Redifer

RE: God of War Review Up - Apr 03, 2005 01:05
For many PS2 gamers, this will be the first time they see what a naked booby looks like. All gamers are children, since only children play videogames. Where is Hillary?

I' ve noticed that this game is very choppy when the camera tries to pan quickly left or right in some (but not all) spots. Or even when it is panning not-so-quickly. Chop-chop-chop!
GodOfWar

RE: God of War Review Up - Apr 03, 2005 01:16
its called fix camera angle
Joe Redifer

RE: God of War Review Up - Apr 03, 2005 04:16
Huh? No I' m talking about the screen having a hard time refreshing in time. There is a significant framerate drop in the situations I describe above.

I' m not sure but I think it may be an issue with the game runing in widescreen. It must process a lot more information to do widescreen. People with normal, narrow TV sets may or may not get the choppiness, I' m not sure. I know Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox ran fine on old fashioned TVs but run it in widescreen and it can get choppy at times.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 3 Apr 05 12:18:29 >
GodOfWar

RE: God of War Review Up - Apr 03, 2005 12:01
oh yes now i know what yu are talking about , i also noticed that ... but a game like this running on a ps2 hardware well ...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll