Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 22, 2006 20:08
Gamesindustry.biz

has said it will waive the cost of repairs on Xbox 360 consoles manufactured before 1st January 2006, and refund any fees already paid.

The company said that " standard and ongoing" analysis of its repair data had pointed to a large number of problems with a particular group of consoles that made up the initial manufacturing run.

" Returns for repair are coming in for a variety reasons and it' s a higher rate than we are satisfied with," it said in a statement reported by The Mercury News.

" We' ve made the decision to comp repairs for consoles manufactured before January 1, 2006, and provide refunds to the small group of customers who have already paid for repairs."

Customers who have paid for repairs can expect a refund within three to four weeks.

The issue of hardware failures has affected consumers on both sides of the Atlantic, many of whom have voiced their annoyance at being asked to pay for repairs.

Microsoft has previously rejected claims of an unusually high hardware failure rate.

It' s good to like your system, it' s retarded to pretend being blind boys.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 22, 2006 20:19
This is the news I have been waiting for!!!

With TGS and everything, I really didn' t think they' d announce this...

Thanks M$!!
]GaNgStA[

RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 22, 2006 20:24
They were forced to do this by media like IGN and gamespot - they had articles saying that it' s bullshit and that 360 launch systems have about 50% failure rate.

It' s good that they did what they did - I bet many people were frustrated with this - I remember you saying your system had red eye more than once :)

At least now it' s safe to get a 360 - first of all , cause we know this problem was with launch units only,secondly , cause they will cover all costs of repair.

It' s more important to me than anyone else on this forum :)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 22 Sep 06 12:24:55 >
Tiz

RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 22, 2006 20:27

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

It' s more important to me than anyone else on this forum :)

You' re going to hell in a fiery lake...

The first system I had, stopped accepting anything USB oreintated, and the
controllers could switch on the console, but never did they actually sign in.

The second one I got had an instant ring of death after 3 weeks... Which was
dumb..

Third time lucky, and nothing is really wrong with it.
]GaNgStA[

RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 22, 2006 20:32

I' ve been to Shadow Moses, I' ve been to Omaha Beach , shit , I' ve even been to Bowser' s castle more than once - Hell...

...hell my friend is where I party at.

UUUUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Tiz

RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 22, 2006 20:40
I' m not interested if you haven' t been to the Bermuda triangle..

I' ve been to Shadow Moses, I' ve been to Omaha Beach , shit , I' ve even been to Bowser' s castle more than once - Hell...

...hell my friend is where I party at.

UUUUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Pffft.. what the hell is Bowser' s castle.. it' s safe.

But hell? That' s a different story...

Oh and I hate you.. But not the most.lol

I hate you just a little bit less than Adam Doree..
]GaNgStA[

RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 22, 2006 20:57
HAHAH

Oh you hate me alright - I just made you think you hate Adam more.See I' ve been through hell (Sega announcing no more DC' s) so I learnd a few tricks.
Tiz

RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 22, 2006 21:12

See I' ve been through hell (Sega announcing no more DC' s) so I learnd a few tricks.

Then I was right there too, and bailed out quickly, couldn' t survive the torment..

How' s this for a 360 slogan:

Jump IN

Bail OUT

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 22, 2006 22:13

As part of our standard and ongoing process of analyzing repair data, we recently noticed a higher than usual number of units coming in for repair. Upon further investigation, it was further discovered that the bulk of the units were isolated to a group that was part of the initial manufacturing run of the console. Returns for repair are coming in for a variety reasons and it' s a higher rate than we are satisfied with. We' ve made the decision to comp repairs for consoles manufactured before January 1, 2006, and provide refunds to the small group of customers who have already paid for repairs.

Nobody ever doubted there was a problem. I never thought is was as high as was being reported but then i know more than 30 people who own launch 360' s and have never had a problem with them. Obviously ours came from a better batch.

How is this important to you Gangsta. Where would you get a pre-Jan 1st unit?!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 23, 2006 00:27
Woohoo still on my first xbox360 which I got in December! And on top of that the place I got it told me some better news! That my consoles warrenty I got with them wouldnt kick in til MS warrenty ended...and now that pre-jan consoles been extended that means my in store warrenty is all good and yet to be used!

Tho like I said im still on my first console and have yet to deal with any problems anyway...but its nice to know im covered for a good long time.
]GaNgStA[

RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 23, 2006 00:32
Well let me think , why would it be interesting to me?

Cause I wouldn' t be affraid of getting a 360 now - since it was a launch model' s flaw and like you said it' s almost impossible to get this model now.

It a really good piece of info for me.

Nitro

RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 23, 2006 01:59
But you still wouldn' t have a warranty though would you?!

EDIT: So, are you going to get one?! Would you be buying GRAW if you did?!
< Message edited by MAJIKDRA6ON -- 22 Sep 06 17:59:28 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 23, 2006 02:49
I' ve only had one issue with mine that wasn' t related to third party junk. every so often (I' ve tested, it' s not consistent) when the button is pressed, the tray comes out only a half-centimeter, there' s no stress on it, I can hear that, and when i try it again, it works fine, it' s just a little strange.
Tiz

RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 23, 2006 03:11

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Recruitment I see..
]GaNgStA[

RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 23, 2006 03:46

as much as I know now - I' d get GRAW , but I' d check that demo first to make sure.My first game would be DOA though since I really miss beat' em ups played with people online (cuz I don' t have friends near me that would play with me - fuckin nongamers all over the place).

I would definitely play many demos before deciding.

Oh and yeah I would have warranty (we' ll have 360 officially on 3rd of November)
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 23, 2006 03:50
Funny,sony has never mention how many ps2 stop workings or how long they last.
My brother has already changed two ps2 since launch.
Atleast MS gives out " informatioN" .

Also for everyone here at Sweden its free,and it goes fast and you might get a free game as a compensation.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 23, 2006 04:40

Funny,sony has never mention how many ps2 stop workings or how long they last.
My brother has already changed two ps2 since launch.

I' ve never had a problem with mine, I' m just lucky I guess, but I' ve repaired almost every one of my gamer friends PS2' s. I know I' ve done 8 pro-bono jobs because my friends have had problems with theirs.
Nitro

RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 23, 2006 06:41

as much as I know now - I' d get GRAW , but I' d check that demo first to make sure.My first game would be DOA though since I really miss beat' em ups played with people online (cuz I don' t have friends near me that would play with me - fuckin nongamers all over the place).

I would definitely play many demos before deciding.

Oh and yeah I would have warranty (we' ll have 360 officially on 3rd of November)

I would send you a brand new sealed copy of GRAW and 2100 MS Points if you bought a 360 and promised to play GRAW solo until ompletion and play online with us.

Don' t think i' m serious, ...i got Quez and Tiz 2100 MS Points each, Quez so he could buy BFME2 and still get GRAW Chapter 2, and Tiz just because i had them and i like him.

But you' d have to get a 360.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 23, 2006 07:16
Seems like a sweet deal Gangsta although I' d want COD3 or even the 2nd before GRAW, unless Majik already has GRAW.
Nitro

RE: MS at last admits to quality problems with launch consoles - Sep 23, 2006 07:27

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost

Seems like a sweet deal Gangsta although I' d want COD3 or even the 2nd before GRAW, unless Majik already has GRAW.

I want him to see how fucking awesome GRAW is. Then maybe he' ll buy Vegas and Double Agent too!

Still, i' m always ready to negotiate.

I might send Quez a copy og Dead Rising. I have a sealed copy of Hitman Blood Money (awesome game) and a sealed copy of Oblivion but Quez already has Oblivion and Dead Rising is insanely cooler than Blood Money.

It' s a shame all the good games are region encoded.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message