Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 06, 2007 03:05
No Way!

It' s Hideous!!!

The Original Graw for 360 was better than the demo i tested of Graw 2 for the Ps3!
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 06, 2007 03:23
Really? Can you elaborate? I' ve only heard amazing things about it.

I' m betting the textures are a little more bland, maybe some lower poly models, but other than that I can' t see any big issues with it.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 06, 2007 04:24
Dion, now I haven' t got around to getting the demo yet, but is it the final buld?

I mean HS demo was taken from some pretty old code. Maybe the review copy if at a much better point.

Maybe it' s just an upbeat review... dunno... I don' t expect it to be that great though..
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 06, 2007 05:45
But that demo level as in the 360 only shows a small desert area.

In other levels you will visit cities,that demo stage is only the the start of the game.
Dionysius

RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 06, 2007 05:55
I dunno if it was the final build or anything, just thatthe demo was rubbish.

The graphics where ever so poor, with bland textures and some times lines appeared, where the polygons connect (PsOne style!).

The controller felt poor adapted on for the Ps3, trigger buttons weren' t used to fire the weapons.

The level itself was rather uninspiring (I know this is a demo, and I' m just judging this level), and it bugged me how I couldn' t take cover at places I felt it would be a tactical advantage, and how I couldn' t climb some not so steep hills, that would seem like an obvious thing to do.

Still, this was a demo, and I know nothing.
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 06, 2007 06:12
I thought the demo rocked.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 06, 2007 06:19
I have downloaded the demo [btw avoid the eu store, some of the servers if not most have corrupted installers... ] and I have to say I like it more than the multiplayer of which I played on the 360.

First off I got to say, there is way too much stuff on the screen, I would remove 50% of the mess on the screen to start off if I could, but when you get over that, you have to deal with the controls, and while they are cunky and hard to get your head around sometimes, you do get used to them and things quickly become second nature, but you know something is wrong when every button on the pad is used and some had two fuctions [aka hold down R2 for the camera, tap it to switch over sholder view]. What I do like about the controls is that they included the Sixaxis motion control, which I am surprized at A). they cover quite alot of movements B). Work [somewhat]. This maybe the first real application I have played with the sixaxis being used regularly, tilt the pad up; top stance, tiltit down; middle/crouched stance, tilt it down again you go prone on the floor. move it sideways you roll, you can control the crosscam with it and when you are running you can dive shifting the controller downwards. While it does have some sentivity issue [as in you have too do a little too much to get what you want] I like it.

The Framerate and Graphics are more or less the same of what I seen in the 360 version, but cannot tell much from a Sdtv about Jaggies and Texture detail.

I would buy it, but not for 60. more like a a year later buy.
Dionysius

RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 06, 2007 06:41
Aw, God.

Another game only I hate... or Demo.

I' m no Graw fan, and nor have I played the 360 version of the game, but if I DID buy this game, I think I' d go with the 360 version. If only for lesser bland textures and controls that worked like those in the original (not that I thought those where great either).

It' s no loss for me, only that I was surprised how bad I thought the Ps3 version was, es, since I' ve heard so much praise of the 360 version.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 06, 2007 19:39
Technically it' s inferior to the 360 version (like Vegas). There' s some slowdown, muddy textures, tearing and visible seams.

There are some environmental effects missing or reduced (like in the Vegas port) and the controls feel slightly awkward with the PS3 pad.

That said, it' s a better port than most and it' s probably going to be one of the better PS3 games. As far as the demo goes, ...the 360 demo was awful too and the game ended up being mindblowing.

It' ll be worth buying just for the online component anyway.
Silentbomber

RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 06, 2007 21:41
your back from Canada Nitro?
Nitro

RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 06, 2007 22:45
Not until Saturday.

You gonna be up for Vegas?
Dionysius

RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 07, 2007 00:33
Thank God. It wasn' t just my imagination. I thought I was going crazy for awhile.
Silentbomber

RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 07, 2007 02:38

You gonna be up for Vegas?

Well I got my money back from the prick that didnt send the game out [well, I filed a claim with paypal] and just bought another copy of it yesterday, I should get it sometime this week.

Dionysius whats your psn?
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 6 Aug 07 18:39:56 >
Dionysius

RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 07, 2007 05:05
Hang on, ' cuz It' s a pretty stupid one.

I am:

D01010100

Though I should warn I just resently handed my Ps3 to my father (whom doesn' t play videogames), because he wanted a new DVD player. I told him he should wait, til the new players became more of a standard, but he wouldn' t listen (my father never waits). So I gave it to him, and now I need to buy a new one. Think I' m gonna wait and see if Sony changes their mind about that 80 gig model in Europe.
Silentbomber

RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 07, 2007 07:23
hold on, you gave your dad a 600 euro/dollar blu ray, 1080p, gaming machine to be used as a ...dvd player?

Dont you have a ps2 that you could give him? take it back and give him an standalone player for 50 quid and save yourself allot.

Unless he wanted it as blueRay player. Which would make more sense.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 07, 2007 10:06

hold on, you gave your dad a 600 euro/dollar blu ray, 1080p, gaming machine to be used as a ...dvd player?

I almost did it
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 07, 2007 11:05
Dude, even still Silent, that' s a heck of a gift. Dio' s probably got stacks though. We know he' s rollin' in the benjamins!

The controller felt poor adapted on for the Ps3, trigger buttons weren' t used to fire the weapons.

The level itself was rather uninspiring (I know this is a demo, and I' m just judging this level), and it bugged me how I couldn' t take cover at places I felt it would be a tactical advantage, and how I couldn' t climb some not so steep hills, that would seem like an obvious thing to do.

Still, this was a demo, and I know nothing.

If the demo level is the same in the PS3 version as it is on the 360 version, then it doesn' t suprise me. It totally turned me off to the game until I tried the multiplayer demo, which I still have on my HDD & play often.
Nitro

RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 07, 2007 17:55
The part of the game they chose for the demo is simply uninspiring. If i hadn' t played a preview copy of the game before the demo hit live it would have taken a lot more to convince me of buying it because of the dumb demo.

They should have used the ' You' re on your own' level where Mitchell is injured, cuts all over his face and head, missing his helmet and his Cross Com is fukked. The level is only 10 minutes long but it' s a fantastic 10 minutes and using it as a demo would have had people asking what happened the level before and why is Mitchell fukked up.
Dionysius

RE: IGN Sold on GRAW2 for PS3 - Aug 08, 2007 08:00
What Majik said pretty much describes the way I felt about the and what I thought might be the problem. Hopefully they will release a second demo, with a more interesting level and technical improvements. Though I doubt that they will, and I doubt that many of the technical bits will ever be improved, even for the release version.

Dude, even still Silent, that' s a heck of a gift. Dio' s probably got stacks though. We know he' s rollin' in the benjamins!

I' m not quite what I would call a rich person, so I' ll just say I' m gettin' around. I doubt money will be a problem issue in my life though, even though I DO complain alot on the Swedish taxes.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 22

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message