Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Anyone wanna play some civ revolution!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Anyone wanna play some civ revolution! - Jun 29, 2008 02:30
I got it,its pretty fun.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Anyone wanna play some civ revolution! - Jun 29, 2008 03:52
I wasn' t crazy about the demo. It seemed like forever just to play. After about 2 hours into it I decided to just attack Cleopatra which turned out to be a dumb idea.
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Anyone wanna play some civ revolution! - Jun 29, 2008 13:08
I got my PS3-version two days ago, and tried it this morning a match, took me 4 hours, before I won a domination-victory, right before I went with cultural victory.
It' s a pretty fun game.

Much more fast-paced, more like I remember Civ 2 in pace, than the newer more advanced and slow-paced boring versions, wich I didn' t like that much.
Only thing I wish they had included in this new Civ: Rev, were a possibilty for setting the City' s to build automaticly.
And I' d also like much better sound, but I can live with that when it' s a fun game.

Don' t think I will be able to play you very soon if it' s PS3-version you got, since I got much work the coming week tough, but maybe another time.. :)
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
RE: Anyone wanna play some civ revolution! - Jun 29, 2008 15:39

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

I wasn' t crazy about the demo. It seemed like forever just to play. After about 2 hours into it I decided to just attack Cleopatra which turned out to be a dumb idea.

Then I guess you are not a fan of the Civ series . Rev is considerably fast paced compared to the pc versions .
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Anyone wanna play some civ revolution! - Jun 30, 2008 10:17

Then I guess you are not a fan of the Civ series . Rev is considerably fast paced compared to the pc versions .
In that case, if I had to play one of the older versions I would' ve blown my fucking head off.
QuezcatoL

RE: Anyone wanna play some civ revolution! - Jul 01, 2008 01:21
2-1 to lad vs me and the a.i in FFA.

First game he rushed me but I managed to sneak in an army of archers throuhg another city while he laid siege to my capital and thus I managed to built up defenses and tech and survived for 6000 years while the arabs,mongols and the Greek attacked me constantly but failed since my defense was so great+lad was paralyzed in the start by a countger attack by the arabs and only had one city and was back-pressed the whole game and in the end I built a space ship and won a technology victory.

2nd game I was running aorund with settlers trying to expand to the southern map just in the beginning,and to my suprises Lad had his base there so I lost in the start of the game cause they wasnt defended nor was my caiptal cause I thought I was alone in that coast and didnt built warriors/archer in the start.

3th game last around 3 hours I builded legions to prevent his warrior rush.
Legions>warriors but he came with warriors in a group where I had my legions spread out,and he rushed me out,however I managaed to sneak away wiuth some sttlers and built 6 cities a long a coast and 2 islands in the south part of the map and hide there until almost the end I could do that because the A.I the chinese wanted Lad dead,anyway I was so close to get a tech victory but then lad came with tanks 3 turns before I could built them. anyway nobody won one of the 4 main victory req but Lad had the highest score when 2100 ad hitted and thus " won" over the French and The A.I and I lost/came last.

GG

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 30 Jun 08 17:26:47 >
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Anyone wanna play some civ revolution! - Jul 02, 2008 07:49
As Quez said 2-1 ;)

That was my first game really, it was 1 am after the second match, so I thought maybe an hour for the last game.

Wrong!!!

Something like 3 hours later, about 4:30 am, the game finished. My main problem was as Quez had set the timer at 40 seconds or a minute I didn' t have time to move all the units I was in control of.

I got 3 hours sleep before work, that' s why I' m not putting it on again tonight!! Good game though, I like the different strategies you can use to win, you really don' t have to concentrate on attacking if you don' t want to. The demo has really limited troop selections but gives you a good idea of what the full game will be like.

QuezcatoL

RE: Anyone wanna play some civ revolution! - Jul 03, 2008 12:14
Yeah,the game is crazy,you never know what you end up.

We played again and the game was crazy,lad had a friend over,and since he was leading(his friend) in the late 1900 and I was at that time 2nd overall I will let him have the win,lad and me however had crappy start locations,while his friend had a continent fpr himself,lucky bastard.

Too bad he dissed 4 turns before I sent my Nuclear missile at his Capital though,could have turned the game...but as I said,lads friend was leading before he dissed so I wont speculate too much and instead give credits to him.

I started as the Spanish and they sucked monkeyballs unless your after an Economic victory :S

ps! one fun thing about that game was how I found an old artifact and was given a Tank as a bonus ;) during that time Lad only had Archers and his friends Pikemans,anyway...that tank let me take one of lads main city with ease ;) TANKS>ARCHERS
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 3 Jul 08 4:18:34 >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message