Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 06, 2007 03:19
Yeah its a teaser trailer, it captures the right mode from the predesesors, and Ron Pearlmon as narrating it again. Great! Just want to know how its going to play. E3 cant come soon enough.

Link
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 06, 2007 04:02
It' s all in engine too.
Vx Chemical

RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 06, 2007 05:55
I am saddened by the amount of people not seeing this as big news, or maybe its because Interplay made the license dirty with their console games!
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 06, 2007 07:13

I am saddened by the amount of people not seeing this as big news, or maybe its because Interplay made the license dirty with their console games!

I can' t watch the trailer until I get home from work, however I don' t think you shouldn' t blame Interplay.
This game, as well as the next Gran Turissimo is my most anticipated games for the forseeable future. :)
Interplay have sold the best game-universe ever created to Bethesda, they did hand over all their ingame-assets to them, and Bethesda did choose to scrap all that from what I understood. :)

Sure, BoS didn' t live up to the Fallout-standard, but both I and a friend of mine will buy the new game, simply because it is a new PC-Fallout game, besides we got to save the people from dehydration inside the vaults, regardless if Fallout gets good reviews or not. :-/

So, If they can create a worthy follower it will be great, it will sell alot of games, however it' s not Interplay' s fault at this point if it sells less than expected.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 06, 2007 08:14
If you didn' t play the first one you wouldn' t be excited. That trailer was underwhelming.
Die_Hounderdoggen

• Total Posts : 275
RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 06, 2007 09:08
Woo! That was awesome! I mean, sure there wasn' t any gameplay in it, but we got to see the Brotherhood of Steel! Er, we saw a BoS style power armor, so I guess we can' t confirm it, so it' s not as good as it could have been. But we saw a city! And it was bombed! With 50' s music! 50 music bombs! And there was a bus! So- (Pant pant) So there- (Puff pant) Mebbe I shoud stand lie down up [WHUMP!]
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 06, 2007 09:11
I never played a fallout game, but I watched this teaser and I am in love with the setting and the atmosphere created.

just hope it isnt an fps [:' (]

A 3rd person game would be best. The best games always are.
< Message edited by Silentbomber -- 6 Jun 07 1:12:16 >
locopuyo

RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 06, 2007 10:53
I hope it plays similiar to Oblivion. Turn based RPGs are boring.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 06, 2007 12:37
I' ll be excited once I have the game in my hands.

" I hope it plays similiar to Oblivion. Turn based RPGs are boring."

Loco that was not a 1337 thing to say. That' s the most noobish thing I ever heard, I hope you' re were being sarcastic. If there is one series that needs to be turn based it' s the Fallout games. If they make Fallout 3 like Oblivion I' ll give up gaming.

< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 6 Jun 07 4:44:59 >
locopuyo

RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 06, 2007 14:23
I just don' t like turn based games, I never played the original. I' m assuming it' ll be turn based since the original was. I may try it out even if it is turn based though. I' m sure it would piss off a lot of fans if it wasn' t the same type of game.
Vx Chemical

RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 06, 2007 15:40
Well here are my two cents on the trailer!

I like it. and i believe it will be a 3rd person (World of Warcraft style) view. Wiht a semi realtime/turnbased system ala Kotor.

The way the game world is detailed in the video makes me believe its not FPS, if its going to play like Oblivion i would be very sad, but i dont believe they will make that mistake!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 07, 2007 04:31

Sure, BoS didn' t live up to the Fallout-standard

That wasn' t fallout. That was the mentally-challenged brother of Fallout that tripped and fell on the Xbox.

I' m not expecting " Oblivion with guns" as many people on the fanforums have been mentioning. They' d be stupid to traw it too far from it' s isometric roots, but seeing as how isometric is dead, a player-based zoom/tilt/spin adjustable 3rd person camera is definately in order.

There still hasn' t been an official announcement as to whether it' s going to hit consoles or not though.

(Yes I do know console & Fallout don' t exactly go together, but if anybody can do it, it' s these guys. Not to mention, I don' t want to upgrade my PC to something beastly.)
KongRudi

• Total Posts : 220
RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 08, 2007 08:57
One thing I' m really sad and pretty sure, we won' t see again, is the ' recipe for instant fun' , because of politicians thinks that kids want to immitate the games.

Recipe for instant fun:

• Enter options, turn violence slider to maximum.
  • Give all party members minigunner-like weapons, make sure to use ' burst' .
  • Walk around in a very close group.
  • Count flying limbs as bodies literally explodes onscreen, when party-members open fire.

I really liked the friendly-fire in some of the Fallouts, you had to be real carefull what kind of weapons you gave to your party-members, you couldn' t just give them the most powerfull weapon, they had to be able to use them too. :)
< Message edited by kongrudi -- 8 Jun 07 0:58:56 >
the_shadowwolf

• Total Posts : 675
RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 09, 2007 08:30
YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!

Finally Fallout 3, so many years of waiting...
Torr

• Total Posts : 554
RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 11, 2007 18:10
I grew up on the original fallout and I can' t wait for this one but I' m afraid its too much for my pc to handle so if it comes to the consoles and actually works well then I will be happy.

mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Fallout 3 Teaser Trailer - Jun 12, 2007 13:52

Recipe for instant fun:

Large, illegal fireworks with short fuses?

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll