Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ESPN NFL 2K5
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
ESPN NFL 2K5 - Jul 23, 2004 23:50
For $20 (US) you get far more then you deserve. The presentation, sound, graphics, and pretty much every damn lil thing is amazing. The only complaint I had was lack of custom team options, like being able to create yer own team from scratch (colors logo etc) it' s there just not much to it. But, that is easily passable considering everything else.

I' m still messing around with custom stadium music, and I have even got started on my " Crib" . Crib sort of takes form Midway' s NBA Ballers, where you get points and stuff to trick out a home for yourself.

Another cool feature VIP. This keeps track of all yer stats and choices made while playing in order to make a save file that represents you as best it can. This can then be put online for ne1 to go up against and vise versa. A few celebrities (Funk Master Flex, Steve-O, Jamie Kennedy, Carmen Electra, and some others) have there own VIP file within the game that you can go up against if they call you up on the Crib cell phone.

I' m not a pro writer so I apologize for this hashed reveiw but basically if you like NFL and sports games this one is more then worth the $20.

9/10
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: ESPN NFL 2K5 - Jul 24, 2004 02:21
It' s a good game, and a 9 would be the correct rating. However I' ve had a lot of problems with the stats in the game, and even more problems with certain key players of my team not even getting to play in certain packages. I' m constantly having to go in and rearrange everything to get the players who SHOULD be out there in the game. The gameplay is great, but I shouldn' t have to go through and manually put Keith Bullock into Nickel, Bear, and Dime Odd coverages every game...
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: ESPN NFL 2K5 - Jul 24, 2004 06:50
It had official good ratings too. I had it in mind for shopping, considering i have no football games.
Beef Shala

• Total Posts : 89
RE: ESPN NFL 2K5 - Jul 27, 2004 18:02
I love this game!!! When you sit down with it and immerse yourself in it, you will be playing for hours at a time.

This weekend, I was playing with the stadium edit feature and trying to decide which clips would go over best at certain times (I still can' t figure out good 2 minute warning music). Also, I was belly-aching over which touchdown dances I should map to my controller.

Then you actually begin playing and that is a whole new investment of time. The weekly preparation is the best innovation to franchise mode since franchise mode was created. There is no better way to feel like a coach than scouting the other team and deciding what your team needs to focus on. It takes videogame immersion to the next level. Example - I was getting ready to play the Bucs so I pushed my team hard that week. My freaking RB gets injured b4 the game from too many Scrimmages. CANT BEAT THAT!

Best 20 bucks you' ll ever spend. Until the rest of the ESPN Videogames lineup comes out at 20 bucks a game.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll