Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Swine Influenza
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Swine Influenza - Apr 29, 2009 10:08
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swine_influenza

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/04/24/swine.flu/index.aspx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8pSPfZFysg

This guy sheds some light on what's going on with this flu scare.  I feel this will just blow over, but this is still a medical crisis that can turn very serious.  I expect we'll see more of this in the news. 

choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Swine Influenza - Apr 29, 2009 19:09
This is your doing isn't it Agent.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Swine Influenza - Apr 29, 2009 21:19
Meh. Works for me. Dead people = Job oppurtunity. Or worse case it takes me out.

Hmmm is that a bit to dark of thinking?
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Swine Influenza - Apr 29, 2009 21:54

lol   No no no.  You haven't been doing your part in eating the fuckers.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Swine Influenza - Apr 30, 2009 03:02
So far this thing has only killed one person in the US and that was an immigrant toddler from Mexico.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Swine Influenza - Apr 30, 2009 03:24
mastachefbkw

So far this thing has only killed one person in the US and that was an immigrant toddler from Mexico.

Which we all know is more or less worthless anyway.

This whole thing has been sensationalized. There are really only a couple dozen confirmed cases, most are people who got sick and saw this on the news and freaked out. Swine flu is very treatable and preventable, just like the normal flu.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
Re:Swine Influenza - Apr 30, 2009 05:12
Supposedly the problem is if it spreads to poor countries where people don't even have clean water let alone access to vacines it's gonna wipe out millions.

But then I have to ask, how do they survive any flu at all?

People in civilized countries will do what they always do when they get the flu, stay at home a couple of days and have some soup.
immortaldanmx

Re:Swine Influenza - Apr 30, 2009 13:15
emofag

People in civilized countries will do what they always do when they get the flu, stay at home a couple of days and have some soup.

Really though, would dying from the flu be so bad if you live in a country without clean water?
choupolo

Re:Swine Influenza - Apr 30, 2009 14:23
Agent Ghost

lol   No no no.  You haven't been doing your part in eating the fuckers.

Hehe.  I wonder what a pig with flu looks like anyway, y'know in case you saw one coming towards you one day...

The current phase of this isn't a worry - most cases are causing mild symptoms and you wouldn't be able to tell the difference if you had normal human flu or swine flu, unless you had an expensive blood test.  Although that's of course no comfort to those that have died already.

The reasonable worry that is being inevitably sensationalised in the media is that this current virus apparent has shown elements of human, swine and avian flu, that latter of which can cause significant disease.  Swine flu itself is not that lethal, it doesn't kill many pigs, and a lot of farm workers have caught it and developed some immunity to it.

If the current strain is allowed to recombine further with human and avian flu - it may develop the lethality of bird flu and the transmissibility of human flu.  If that happens - even soup wont save us!

For all the conspiracy theorists out there, the question is could experiments be going on to engineer a virus that would carry a milder form of human-avian flu which if spread through the population, potentially give some immunity to the real thing which some say is a matter of when and not if, and looking back in history almost due?

I'd like to see the conversation between you and his mum.

<message edited by choupolo on Apr 30, 2009 14:25>
Johnny Jiron

Re:Swine Influenza - Apr 30, 2009 19:42
So no pandemic? Hey who wants to run it through that one game Agent posted up some time back Pandemic 2. See how it fairs. I need millions of dead ppl so i can find a job easier.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
Re:Swine Influenza - Apr 30, 2009 22:43
Meh. I'm enjoying watching these morons on the news who think a fucking medical mask is actually going to prevent a microscopic virus.
rockdude69

• Total Posts : 22
Re:Swine Influenza - Apr 30, 2009 23:14
emofag

Supposedly the problem is if it spreads to poor countries where people don't even have clean water let alone access to vacines it's gonna wipe out millions.

But then I have to ask, how do they survive any flu at all?

You are happy to get swine flu and stay at home because your ruster stopped working again and you are too poor to fix it.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Swine Influenza - May 01, 2009 00:42

the symptoms of swine flu are similar to those of influenza and of influenza-like illness in general, namely chills, fever, sore throat, muscle pains, severe headache, coughing, weakness and general discomfort.

The strain in most cases causes only mild symptoms and the infected person makes a full recovery without requiring medical attention and without the use of antiviral medicines.[5]

Holy fuck! It's influenza! Hide in your thatch-roof cottages, and close the keep-gate!

Oh... wait... it's two-thousand and nine?
choupolo

Re:Swine Influenza - May 01, 2009 02:57
I suppose its easy to get complacent about flu - even in 2009 people die of the virus in developed countries.  Not many compared to the whole population and moreso the elderly and very young, but they're still deaths.

I guess a lot of deaths occur in old people who develop a pneumonia after the flu virus has left their immune system on its back foot too.

Whats interesting is that this virus seems to be worse in the fit and young population which is new.

The flu we all know is mild, but lets hope a more virulent strain doesn't come about that will affect the affluent/modernised/civilised (whatever you want to call it) as much as the poor/backward/elderly/worthless. :/
immortaldanmx

Re:Swine Influenza - May 01, 2009 03:04

=choupolo

I'd like to see the conversation between you and his mum.

I'll gladly have that conversation if you can translate a useless language like Spanish for me.
<message edited by immortaldanmx on May 01, 2009 03:06>
Johnny Jiron

Re:Swine Influenza - May 01, 2009 03:43
I wish spanish was useless. Fuckn hate the language, but it seems damn near commonplace now. Uhg.
immortaldanmx

Re:Swine Influenza - May 01, 2009 03:45
Johnny Jiron

I wish spanish was useless. Fuckn hate the language, but it seems damn near commonplace now. Uhg.

Anyone who only speaks spanish is worthless.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Swine Influenza - May 02, 2009 17:53

Spanish or Mexican?

A mexican accent doesn't personally appeal to me, but Spanish is beautiful.
immortaldanmx

Re:Swine Influenza - May 03, 2009 22:16
Eddie_the_Hated

Spanish or Mexican?

A mexican accent doesn't personally appeal to me, but Spanish is beautiful.

Anyone who is intelligent enough to say anything I would give a damn about speaks a language other than Spanish.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll