Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Resident Evil Apocalypse
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 12, 2004 21:53
So did anyone see Resident Evil 2 yet????

I watched it yesterday and let me say this is THE BEST ZOMBIE MOVIE ever.

The action was crazzy the special effects were awesome the story was great the acting was great.Cant wait for RE3.

There is nothing bad about this movie.But i still dont understand why this movie got 0 positive reviews.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 13, 2004 00:02
Awesome!!!

I was already looking forward to seeing RE2...

Thanks for the info.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 13, 2004 01:43
I saw it and was so excited to go see it and I came out pretty impressed. The story is well how can I put this... hmm... oh remixed. heh. I guess if you played the games and you are a fan of Resident Evil then I guess you can relate to the movie. It was way better then the first one. The story is like how I said remixed I think spanning Resident Evil 3 - Code Veronica. The music was pretty good too. It fit the moods fairly good. The zombies were pretty good too. You can' t expect them to be already decompossed because when you get infected it takes awhile for your flesh to decompose and I can understand that. The characters were awesome it was nice to see Jill... nice? I mean vicious. She looked perfect. Also Nemisis was near perfect too. I guess I don' t want to spoil it for you with more stuff but please go see this movie if you have not already seen it. Also please give it a chance cause by far it' s a very good zombie movie. Umbrella is just so evil.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 13, 2004 03:09
I really enjoyed the movie. I wasn' t very impressed by the direction of the story(I thought the first one was better in that aspect). The highlight for me was Nemesis. He f-ing owned!
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 13, 2004 03:35
I enjoyed this one far more then the first, but then again the first had to set everything up so owell. This movie was very well done. It almost made me nervous when they started to use that bourne supremacy style camera work, luckily they pulled it off much better by actually pulling the cam out to allow you a nice visual treat.

The thign is if you expect to see a connection to the games dont count on it, as this seems to be a completly different story in some ways. For one its more of an action fast paced movie rather then a horror movie. Towards the end I almost completely forgot about the zombies as it was more focused on nemesis stuff and the ppl. Nonetheless it was a very good zombie action movie.
Starman Anthony

RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 13, 2004 03:40
I just thought about something if Umbrella was also trying to create super humans for war then Nemesis was perfect if they had like 50 Nemesis when they go into war they would win. Nemesis wasn' t bad cause he could be controlled from a computer. Man imagine how we could win a war if we had those.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 13, 2004 04:15
The movie was shit, but a better grade of shit than the original. I' m a fan of the games so I guess it just makes me a hater for this movie or something. Oh, and I also have Paul W.S. Anderson who has this Midas like touch except everything he touches literally turns to shit. If it' s got his name on it then chances are it' s not going to be good. I also think that Anderson' s wife/gf secretly co-writes all of his movies since all of the guys seem to end up looking like pussies and dying.

This movie just really pissed me off. I don' t know if it' s the scenes where zombies magically just appear everywhere or the crew member I saw trying to hide in the background of one of the scenes. I also hated the way they did Nemesis...he looked retarded. Not to make fun of anyone who has these but he looked like one of those people that have those boots made extra thick because one foot is shorter...except both of his boots were like that....Then the whole scene where Alice and him fought... And what' s up with the shaky camera when the zombies are walking down the street? I guess that means those scenes were edgy or something...

Then there' s the parts where the movie rips off the games which wouldn' t piss me off if they actually used the characters that did the stuff they ripped off. There is only one way to save this franchise for me and that' s having Wesker show up and kick a little Alice ass but that' s never going to happen.

So all in all it seems Anderson has done it again. He did it with the original, he did it with AvP, and now it seems like even though he' s not directing he found someone marginally better (although he penned the great script) at directing to continue in his shit producing ways.
Starman Anthony

RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 13, 2004 04:36
Oh my god I forgot about Wesker where the hell is he? He was an important character cause he would turn out to be a backstabber.
yoshimitsu15

RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 13, 2004 04:39
Like I said above...I' m hoping that someone real demented directs the next one and kills Alice' s ass off with Wesker.
Rampage99

RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 13, 2004 15:41
Here' s something for sh*ts and giggles. Did anybody notice how the reporter was supposed to go to the second floor of the school to search for the little girl but when they showed her running to the second floor she was going down the stairs. I started cracking up in the theater when that happened. When I explained it to my friends they started laughing too. Was was a pretty dumb thing to screw up.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 13, 2004 20:55
I guess the reaons for the complete change of story is that so its a fresh new thing to RE fans instead of just seeing what they did in the game on a bigger screen and unplayable. I dunno if it was for better or for worse, however I did enjoy it as an action movie but found myself noting most of the many differences thur out the film.

As for that stair thing, that is actually pretty funny
< Message edited by Mass X -- 9/13/2004 8:55:29 PM >
yoshimitsu15

RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 14, 2004 03:07
I' d prefer to just see the actual story as it was presented in the games. The reason being there are only a few cinemas so the director could still make it fresh by making some cool scenes. I think the movie would be better than way. For example I would pay homage to all those RE fans who' ve found a door that says, " A keyhole...there seems to be a Club etched above it" by actually putting that in the movie, the character getting pissed and either backtracking to find the damn key or do what we all want to do and just blow the lock off, lol. A movie can follow the same story of a game and still be a good movie as the movie will get to audiences who have never played the game and are just looking for a good zombie flick.
NukeouT

• Total Posts : 40
RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 14, 2004 04:36
Im going to see it with several of my good friends this weekend.

In part due to this post.. so thank u.

FUNFUNFUN + POPCORN + SODA =Having to sh*t during the movie climax.

In truith I think it will be just as great as all of you here have described it.
< Message edited by nukeout -- 9/14/2004 4:37:37 AM >
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 14, 2004 05:32
September 13, 2004 - Resident Evil: Apocalypse didn' t break any records during its opening weekend, but the film recouped almost all of its production costs with a $23.7 million gross and is poised for profit from here on out. That will probably be enough for Sony/Screen Gems to greenlight the third film in the series which has already been conceptualized.

Series producer Paul W.S. Anderson, who wrote and directed the first film and penned the screenplay for Apocalypse, talked with the Hollywood Reporter about his plans for the next installment. " I always thought of the Resident Evil films as a trilogy," he said. " The first film was a prequel to the game world. The new movie intersects the film and game worlds. And the third movie will act as a follow-up to the games. It' s a nice arc – prehistory, in-game and then a sequel to the games."
IGN.com
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 14, 2004 14:23
I thought the movie was pretty good.
Running down the building was pretty cool.
Favorite part had to be the guy in the car when he hit the zombie
" GTA Muthaf**ker!!!"
Starman Anthony

RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 14, 2004 22:48
Oh my god they are making a 3rd one? Oh man that' s exciting news!
yoshimitsu15

RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 15, 2004 01:58
Quite the opposite for me...a sequel to a series that' s not even finished yet...yeah...another good idea from the great Paul W.S. Anderson.
NukeouT

• Total Posts : 40
RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 21, 2004 05:01
Saw it..

IT IS soooooooooooooo SCARY! Fun fun fun.. & the ending was sorta hilarious if you got it. My brother was hiding behind his chair, my other firend was doging swipes and bullets in his seat. Other gy was squeaking, People in front of us were rumbling in their chairs uncontrollably at everything. I was biting tightly into my lip. HO HAH, I survived. Even tho we didnt have working bass for some reason in our room...

Looking foreward to the third one because I dont see how they can make another movie with that kindof over the top uba ending.
Rampage99

RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 21, 2004 05:05
I didn' t think it was scary at all. Only one point in the movie made me jump. I consider it an action movie rather than a horror.
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: Resident Evil Apocalypse - Sep 22, 2004 21:53
I liked it. The chicks were good looking, it had action...it wasnt great, it wasnt bad either. I got my 7 bucks worth.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message