Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 I <3 You I H8 You [Coming Summer 2008]
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
I <3 You I H8 You [Coming Summer 2008] - Jan 31, 2008 02:26
No script yet but I did type up a quick layout of the premise and what not. It' s pretty stripped down of the key elements that will define the film itslef but I just wanted to show it around to see what people think. Anyways like *** I' m posting it for public eyes. Its not that origional of an idea but its still my own so yeah. To view goto my myspace page. Its private as of now so if your not on my list then you' re gonna have to add me.

http://www.myspace.com/massacre20xx

If you dont wanna go thru the hassle to see a basic rundown of what I' m working on then just ask me to send you a PM with it contained.

Right now I' m working on a script and a few more character details. While I do that I' m gonna look for some budget film supplies. And most importantly my actors and crew. I' m gonna see if I can qualify as the lead but I need to lose some weight first. Dunno if I have the physical appearance for the screen tho. We' ll see.

I' m gonna look for a short story to adapt first just to practice with the equipment and actors and stuff.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 11 Feb 08 21:06:54 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: I finally posted up my movie layout - Jan 31, 2008 03:21
I read the first paragraph...

Mass X

RE: I finally posted up my movie layout - Jan 31, 2008 03:43
Well then thats 4 who say go for it and 1 nay. Im going for it either way. I just wanna see what audience it will go for. Anyhow I' m working on the detailed description and stuff as well as the script so it will make more sence and add motivation for the characters actions.

I need to perfect my blood and squib techniques also.
Nitro

RE: I finally posted up my movie layout - Jan 31, 2008 04:18
Are you going to have it start with the text " Based on a true story..." ???
Mass X

RE: I finally posted up my movie layout - Jan 31, 2008 04:22
Based on a true story? I proposed this idea to Jess first about 3 years ago... The recent events certainly help put the right mood in but its hardly based on anything actual. Otherwise this story must be based onthe billions of break ups around the world tho I don tthink most of them lead to a bonnie and clyde siutation followed by a reversal revenge story...I dunno on your last break up did you meet a chick and *** her in a parking lot then go on a crime spree with her then say your done with that and want to go back and she took it badly and wanted to kill you and your ex..

If so then shit I need to rewrite this to be a bit more original being thats a common place thing...

" I FINALLY..." I' ve been trying this for sooo long. Re-writes and changes picked up from expeirence yeah but an idea of a revenge story Ive had going for sometime now. I mean hell my favorite movie is Oldboy.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 30 Jan 08 20:25:42 >
Nitro

RE: I finally posted up my movie layout - Jan 31, 2008 05:36
I' m not saying it' s a shit concept for a movie - it' s actually a good concept for a movie - people can relate to this kind of thing. It just seems a little coincidental that you " finally" put something coherent together right after your mind fucking breakup with the now notorious, no doubt lovely Jess...

Ofcourse, many great works in all forms of media have been inspired by personal events in a writers life... but you appear to be dwelling on it as opposed to moving past it. But then i guess this could actually be a way of tying all of the lose ends in your head...

Your story needs Russians in it. Perhaps a band of travelling Russian clowns? And music... you need to think about what kind of soundtrack you want.

You sound serious about it so more power to you. Have you thought about the logistics involved? What kind of camera you' ll use or whether you need to make your own steadycam? You could actually do it episodically on YouTube. I' ve PM' d you a link to my favourite YouTuber... she' s pretty much made herself using YouTube.
Mass X

RE: I finally posted up my movie layout - Jan 31, 2008 06:29
I think the thing is I was never able to finish it in my head right since hell I was in a very good mood when I came up with it. Now with a bit more life experience to work from I have been able to conclude it finally.

I' ve resolved the thing with me and her. I resolved it with a little accidental poetic justice. At first I felt bad but then in retrospect it was fuck' n brilliant. Hell that might be the short story I go and adapt for a pre-film practice shoot of sorts.

The audio is where I' m gonna run into issues. Not the soundtrack selection or anything but the recording and filtering and if needed dubbing. Thats probably where I' ll get help from a friend of mine whose a DJ of sorts and is obsessed with sound.

Its all gonna be amateur for sure. But hopefully the pre-film practice will help not only get down a technique, but also make my cast comfortable in front of the camera.

Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: I finally posted up my movie layout - Jan 31, 2008 07:57
Well, I haven' t had the time to read through your stuff yet, but I will do so tonight. If you are interested, I am a Theatre arts major, so I have heavy training in acting (and though I am in California and obviously cannot be in Minnesota) I can give you some pointers about acting methods and stuff. I also write scripts, so if you need help with any of the writing or stuff, you can also PM me.

In any case, I say go for it if you really want to, the worst things are those that are never done, so I say try it baby! Though do think of all the things involved before you get on with the entire project.

Edit: jaja, I am dumb, I don' t have myspace. But do send me your stuff through a PM, I would love to see it and be as much help as I can.
< Message edited by chimura -- 30 Jan 08 23:59:56 >
Mass X

RE: I &lt;3 You I H8 You [Coming Summer 2008] - Feb 12, 2008 05:10
Before I work on that feature length film I wanna practice and make a short film. I' ve laid it out from start to end. Now I' m shopping around for equipment to rent/buy. Here' s Poster one:

Poster 2:

Will definitely re-do these to be more identical. But I had to make these while the idea was fresh.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 11 Feb 08 21:49:50 >
Nitro

RE: I &lt;3 You I H8 You [Coming Summer 2008] - Feb 14, 2008 05:17
Hmmmm, ....this idea of your is starting to tickle my creative side.

Mass, ....how good is your Mexican accent?
Chimura

RE: I &lt;3 You I H8 You [Coming Summer 2008] - Feb 14, 2008 05:40
Interesting posters, really good at catching your attention and make you wonder what the hell this is all about
Mass X

RE: I &lt;3 You I H8 You [Coming Summer 2008] - Feb 14, 2008 05:55

Hmmmm, ....this idea of your is starting to tickle my creative side.

Mass, ....how good is your Mexican accent?

I have no such accent...I don' t even know Spanish. What' s a Mexican accent sound like any ways?

What sort of thing are you thinking, that would require a Mexican?

Interesting posters, really good at catching your attention and make you wonder what the hell this is all about

Whew good I thought I' d have to go through a bunch rough ideas. I' ll just work on cleaning these up. This is gonna be the really short film that will hopefully get me and my crew comfortable behind and in front of the camera.
Chimura

RE: I &lt;3 You I H8 You [Coming Summer 2008] - Feb 14, 2008 07:15

I have no such accent...I don' t even know Spanish. What' s a Mexican accent sound like any ways?

I can easily teach you to do a Mexican accent, should you ever need it

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message