Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Motostorm: Pacific Rift
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 10, 2008 12:24
Anyone got this?

I'm very impressed.

One of the few Western developed ps3/360 titles that actually feels like a true 'Console' game. Splittscreen multiplayer modes even rivals Mario Kart's funnest times.

Great Graphics, drawdistance, framerates ok (having a 100Hz option on my panel more or less doubles the framerate form me anyway) and some of the best Special FX ive seen in a game so far.

Much More balanced, varied vehicles and tracks. More game modes and replayability factor than the original.
Having a ball with this one.

If you don't own it, Buy IT NOW!

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 10, 2008 13:23
Yup, the game is badass.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 11, 2008 03:22
Virtua fighter 5

(having a 100Hz option on my panel more or less doubles the framerate form me anyway)

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 14, 2008 19:26
I picked this up on a whim in order to get more useout of my PS3. Pretty fun. Not my favorite racing game, but quite entertaining. I still hold codemaster's racing titles as king and really cannot wait for FUEL to be released to get some real crazy offroad insanity.
2pac

• Total Posts : 1032
Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 14, 2008 21:33
Wow !!! Fuel looks like it is going to be awesome ....
Virtua fighter 5

Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 15, 2008 04:20
While i did enjoy the Original TOCA on xbox i feel most ive played since have been very much generic experiences and nothing done good enough for to come back too.

Motorstorm: PR is soooo well made, soo fun in multiplayer.. has impressed me more than any racer since the SEGA Rally / Daytona days.

As for Fuel: it's hype at the moment and doubt it'll come anywhere near Pacific rift levels.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 15, 2008 06:26
Virtua fighter 5

One of the few Western developed ps3/360 titles that actually feels like a true 'Console' game.

I'll be sure to pick up the 360 version.
BUTTFREAK

• Total Posts : 85
Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 17, 2008 21:35
its just aesome! All that action makes me feel kool. Big air is aesome.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 18, 2008 07:19
locopuyo

Virtua fighter 5

(having a 100Hz option on my panel more or less doubles the framerate form me anyway)

lolololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololololol

And yet he ignores your post. Maybe he didnt want to admit he has no clue what he's talking about.
Virtua fighter 5

Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 18, 2008 16:45
I ignore... He obviously does not know or seen the difference it makes to 30fps games with the '120hz' option on.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 18, 2008 17:14
120hz is useful for movies because it avoids the nasty 2:3 pulldown by tweening the frames to achieve as close to native 24p as possible.

It doesn't work with games, ...or at least not as you seem to think. Movies are locked to 24fps... games are rarely locked at all.
Virtua fighter 5

Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 18, 2008 18:55
Yes framerates are inconsistant but motion plus works via frame detection, detecting the average fps, rounding it off to the nearest figure for even multiplication:

When Motion Plus is Off there's  no frame-rate detection. 24 fps sources are multiplied by 5 to create a 120 fps image, while 30 fps sources are given a 4.x treatment to hit the same 120hz rate. With 60hz.. frames are just duplicated. (3-.2 becomes 6-.4).

On my panel and 120hz M+ on, i can see a massive difference with average 30fps games.. They appear to be at closest, silky-smooth 60fps games.. the only way i could describe they run TBH.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 18, 2008 19:16
Suddenly my LG monitor seems woefully inadequate.

What's the deal with refresh rates on LCD's?  I understand what the pixel refresh rate means, but I was under the impression that the pixels refreshed individually as needed.   My monitor is set at 60hz and it has something like 5ns refresh rate.  What's the difference? 
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Nov 18, 2008 19:17>
locopuyo

Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 18, 2008 19:43
VF is a huge nub. that shit is horrible for gaming.  It just blurs everything together making it less clear and crappy, which is why he prefers low def ass graphics from the Wii.  

The pixels on LCDs only refresh as needed.  If the LCD is at 60hz it's getting a signal 60 times per second from the source (which is about every 16 ms), changing any pixels that need to be changed every time.  I'm assuming you mean a 5 ms response time.  5 ms is how long it takes the pixel to change colors after it gets the signal.  If you have longer response times it looks crappy and blurry when there is a lot of motion (which is color change) on screen.  
Agent Ghost

Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 18, 2008 20:00
My screen is advertised as something like 5ns response time and it's at 60Hz.  I believe my screen can go up to 75Hz.  I have a Hz setting through the menu.  Which doesn't make sense to me.  It's the 60Hz that I don't get.  I understand who it works on a CRT...
<message edited by Agent Ghost on Nov 18, 2008 20:01>
locopuyo

Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 18, 2008 21:34
On a CRT there is a cathode ray, which is kind of like a lazer that draws the pixels on the screens.  It starts at the top draws a line accross, then goes down a little, draws a line, working its way all the way to the bottom, then it goes back up and repeats.  The screen is coated with some crap so that the color burned in from the cathode ray stays on for short amount of time.  It's flickery because the image basically dissapears from the screen before it is drawn again.  

If you look away so that the CRT is in your peripheral vision it's pretty easy to see the flicker.
Virtua fighter 5

Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 19, 2008 16:58
locopuyo

VF is a huge nub. that shit is horrible for gaming.  It just blurs everything together making it less clear and crappy, which is why he prefers low def ass graphics from the Wii. 

What an intelligent reply, you obviously havent a clue .

The who point of 120hz / Motion plus is to override motion blurring with more smooth and much more clearer moving pictures.. Get it right..

It's Soo effective and makes such a difference that the same technology is being brought to the leading 1080p projectors:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUEJdzjXqgY

In this preview they explain how 120hz (Panaconic call it 'Frame Creation technology') works.. Notice how clarity on moving images is its main purpose..

Panasonic PT-AE3000 projector my next purchase!

locopuyo

Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Nov 19, 2008 19:19
lol, I bet you think upscaling dvds is the shit too.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Dec 19, 2008 21:49

Panasonic PT-AE3000 projector my next purchase!

Got it!

I didn't even realize Panasonic had a new projector coming out 'til you posted it!  Thanks for that!  I had my Mind SET on the JVC DLA-RS2 until I got a look at the Panny.  Yeah, the JVC woulda been better, but seeing how the AE3000 was half the price...!  I couldn't resist!

And yeah, the picture KICKS ASS!
Agent Ghost

Re:Motostorm: Pacific Rift - Dec 20, 2008 00:27
Chee Saw i want pictures of that bitch in action.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 27

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message