Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 15 min of SC2,no battle footage but something just as cool!!!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
15 min of SC2,no battle footage but something just as cool!!! - Aug 05, 2007 08:42
http://www.gamespot.com/video/939643/6176222/starcraft-ii-single-player-campaign-blizzcon-preview

Apparently its like an rpg when you dont do battles with sidequest and dialogs between you and the crew,and buying upgrades for doing extra missions bside the main quest.
For ex if you dont do extra missions for cash,like finding rare artifacts to sell,you cant pay your crew which might for ex be the one who works on upgrades and new technology for your trops in the SP campaign.

awesome!!!
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 5 Aug 07 0:45:44 >
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: 15 min of SC2,no battle footage but something just as cool!!! - Aug 05, 2007 10:09
sweet.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: 15 min of SC2,no battle footage but something just as cool!!! - Aug 05, 2007 14:37
awesome dude
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: 15 min of SC2,no battle footage but something just as cool!!! - Aug 06, 2007 15:41
this got me more hooked on the game, im glad they made some tweeking to the singleplayer campaign!
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: 15 min of SC2,no battle footage but something just as cool!!! - Aug 06, 2007 16:50
Now i must say im not liking the way StarCraft II is being made, i know is still too early but hell, whats with the transformer units in there, also i cant believe they changed the actors doing Raynor and Zeratul, and even tho the new voice actors are good, i dont know, it just gives a different feeling.

I used to love the briefing rooms, not because it looked hot but because of the incredible voice acting, the amazing plot and the great dialog, i dont know, the new thing is not looking right to me, im not crazy about the new units or the redesing of the classics either.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: 15 min of SC2,no battle footage but something just as cool!!! - Aug 06, 2007 17:17

Now i must say im not liking the way StarCraft II is being made, i know is still too early but hell, whats with the transformer units in there, also i cant believe they changed the actors doing Raynor and Zeratul, and even tho the new voice actors are good, i dont know, it just gives a different feeling.

I used to love the briefing rooms, not because it looked hot but because of the incredible voice acting, the amazing plot and the great dialog, i dont know, the new thing is not looking right to me, im not crazy about the new units or the redesing of the classics either.

Kinda sounds to me like you just wanted to play some more starcraft!

i dont mind the new voice actors, raynor sounded a lot the same to me, and i cant even recall what Zeratul sounds like, and i just replayed Starcraft on the announcment.

New units are required to make a sequal, and i like what im seeing, granted i wasnt a starcraft fanatic, but its still the best RTS ever made!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: 15 min of SC2,no battle footage but something just as cool!!! - Aug 07, 2007 10:57
This sequel has some pretty big boots to fill but it certainly seems to be filling them nicely. Definately in my most anticipated list. One question though would this game require a Highend state-of-the-art PC to get the most out of it ? I' m not really in a hurry to upgrade (mostly waiting for SP1 for Vista) but if this game needs it i might just go ahead and build a new gaming PC.

but its still the best RTS ever made!

Without a doubt, Starcraft was and still (currently) the best RTS IMO. Even today I cAn still enjoy an 8 player LAN game of SC. It clearly shows that excellent gameplay can stand the test of time when the lustre of the graphics fade away.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 7 Aug 07 3:03:50 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: 15 min of SC2,no battle footage but something just as cool!!! - Aug 07, 2007 11:00
How do you do worthy sequel to one of the best games ever made?

Well,if they try to do something new and unique people will whine,if they try and copy SC2 with new elements likle I mention im sure 80% of the fans will be more then happy for a Starcraft in 3d with new missions.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll