Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Halo 2: Sexy New Screens & Renders!
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
Halo 2: Sexy New Screens & Renders! - Jul 01, 2004 12:07
Just saw the new screens, Adam, they' re great! I sooooo can' t wait for Nov 9th.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Halo 2: Sexy New Screens & Renders! - Jul 01, 2004 16:27
I didn' t really like them. Something was off I guess, just didn' t look as good as the ones prior. Maybe it was the lack of environments with all of the enemies that threw off their look. Still going to be a great looking game though, of that I have no fears. I can' t wait to get my hands on the SE Halo Box set, own up on some multiplayer, and finish the game.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Halo 2: Sexy New Screens & Renders! - Jul 02, 2004 00:47
It actually has a release date now? Bungie has had more delays than Nintendo and Tecmo usually have combined with this project. I hope it lives up to the hype. The problem with such hype is that people might be let down because they were expecting total orgasm or something, even though it is a great game, they were expecting the end-all/be-all.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Halo 2: Sexy New Screens & Renders! - Jul 02, 2004 02:14
Halo 2
Developer: Bungie
Release: November 9, 2012
yoshimitsu15

RE: Halo 2: Sexy New Screens & Renders! - Jul 02, 2004 04:50
I just have to believe that this game is going to more than live up to the hype. I' ve heard way too many good things from all of the E3 hands on experiences. I think if anyone is going to do a game that is going to blow anyone away it will be Bungie, at least for this genre. I rank them right up there with Valve.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Halo 2: Sexy New Screens & Renders! - Jul 02, 2004 07:01
Well you heard it here first, people. Get your hopes SKY HIGH!
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Halo 2: Sexy New Screens & Renders! - Jul 02, 2004 14:11
I know Halo 2 will be awesome, even better than the first one. All of my brothers have Halo and we get together for Halo parties when I go home to Canada for a visit. It' s the best game out there as far as I' m concerned. One of my brothers have friends who live across from each other in an apartment bldg. and they run the extension across the outside hallway so each couple can play the game in their own apartments and battle their neighbors. Great setup.
Dutch Devious

• Total Posts : 1
RE: Halo 2: Sexy New Screens & Renders! - Jul 02, 2004 14:36
I' m sure I' m going to get bashed for this but here it goes.

First, let me start out by saying that I LOVE Halo. It' s probably my favorite game of all time. The reason why I say that is becuase I have never had a game that I have played regularly for over 3 years now (or so). ' Til this day, my friends and I play against other people online virtually every single day. Even if it' s just a quick game before going out. We even got our girl-friends hooked on it. One of them went as far as buying an Xbox and Halo after a few weeks of playing. Needless to say, we think it' s one of the best games ever!

Now, on to Halo 2... I' m not even sure where I should begin. I guess I can start by saying what was it that I liked so much about Halo 1.

I liked the fact that the game wasn' t over-the-top. Yeah, he is a super-futuristic Marine that in reality, may never happen but what drew me into the game was:

the gameplay... the fact that you are assisted on the aiming since it' s very hard to get mouse-like accuracy with a controller

i liked the fact that the character can' t run very fast... just as normal human speed and not sprinting

he could shoot like a true soldier and not like a Terminator... meaning with only one gun at a time

i liked that he has limited jumping abilities... he can' t easily clear over ones head

These are the things that drew me deeply into the game and made all the other FPS kid-like games. Quake and Unreal lack these qualities and made me not like the FPS genre until Halo came out.

But now, Halo 2 seems to have changed all these values and it seems to be that it' s starting to be like every other FPS out there. Now he can run a little fast, jump twice as high, shoot 2 small arms at the same time. Slower and more realistic gameplay makes a person utilize skills and intelligence in order to win games like CTF since you can' t rely on a fast flee or massive fire power. I can honestly say that I am slowly starting to NOT look forward to Halo 2. Yeah, I still want it and I am still going to play the hell out of it, but I don' t think it' s going to be better than Halo 1. It takes more than just new levels and a few enhanced features to make a sequel great especially with a game getting enormous amount of publicity.

Even Bungie said this once in an EGM interview. " If it isn' t broken, why fix it" ... They also said that they are going to stick to what made Halo 1 so successful and I think part of that success was the human-like abilities of the character.

Let the bashing begin.
< Message edited by Dutch Devious -- 7/2/2004 2:40:25 PM >
yoshimitsu15

RE: Halo 2: Sexy New Screens & Renders! - Jul 02, 2004 15:38
I don' t think anyone is going to bash you for what you said. It' s just your opinion, and you did raise a few points. Some things you mentioned I think will not be as bad as you are making them out to be though. The whole running faster thing is only for short spurts, and you also have to put your gun away, and if anything I think that makes playing as a Spartan even more believable. Anyhoo, your opinion is your opinion.
RCOrcutt

• Total Posts : 27
RE: Halo 2: Sexy New Screens & Renders! - Jul 02, 2004 17:24
Wow i just saw them.
Pretty impressive.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages