Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Silent Hill 2 movie confirmed.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
Silent Hill 2 movie confirmed. - Jan 04, 2007 10:02
I' m sure everybody already saw the gamespot article.
So, is this a good idea or a bad idea?

Personally I think it' s great that they' ve decided to continue with another film despite the opinions of the haters in the critic community.

I also love the fact they they understand that " One does not want to make a Hollywood-style movie" The best thing about the first film was the style, if they lose that then the sequel will be a absolute flop, even amongst us fans.

I also hope they don' t make a direct sequel. One of the things i love about the games is that they don' t need to tie together, every visitor to Silent Hill has their own personal demons to confront.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Silent Hill 2 movie confirmed. - Jan 04, 2007 15:49
Cool cool ..fuck im too lazy and tired to really coment tonight...

to be continued...after some rest.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Silent Hill 2 movie confirmed. - Jan 04, 2007 16:04
The first movie was ok, i like then the pyramid head rips pff the flesh of the woman , the look of the film was nice, but overall the games are a million times scarier. I can' t play the games, they freak me out too much, but the film barely made me feel anything.
They should just rip off the games, make a film based firmly off silent hill 2 or something... I' d watch it.

As for less holywood... i dont think that' s a bad thing.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Silent Hill 2 movie confirmed. - Jan 05, 2007 03:22
The entire Silent Hill 2 Story would make a great film.

One of the things i love about the games is that they don' t need to tie together

No exactly true as Silent 3 is a sequel of sorts to Silent hill 1, the baby in the first game is the main character in sh3, Heather. the guy you played in sh1 dies in sh3.
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Silent Hill 2 movie confirmed. - Jan 05, 2007 07:27

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

No exactly true as Silent 3 is a sequel of sorts to Silent hill 1, the baby in the first game is the main character in sh3, Heather. the guy you played in sh1 dies in sh3.

Yeah, there' s tie-ins. But, there' s a lot more freedom in the series compared to say, Resident Evil, which is hard-bound to a timeline and a particular set of characters. Silent Hill is a lot more flexible as source material.
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: Silent Hill 2 movie confirmed. - Jan 06, 2007 04:24
I just saw the first one the other night, and it was pretty good. the art direction carried it mostly, but the ending, although very Hell Raiser, was awesome.

Looking forwrad to another!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message