Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 11, 2008 07:53
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 11, 2008 08:02
Ill be getting Dead Space, i dont care for Saints Row, i think id rahter just replay GTA4
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 11, 2008 19:28
Johnny Jiron

Dead Space:
http://www.unscripted360.com/2008/10/10/dead-space-review/
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/918/918859p1.aspx

Saints Row 2:
http://www.gameshark.com/reviews/3097/Saints-Row-2-Review.htm
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/918/918404p1.aspx

Yay they are both good games...Booo it means Im bout to spend $120+ a speediong ticket next week...

Lol, I have a speeding ticket due the 21st, which I got on my BDay last month.

Im interested in Saints Row 2 now, maybe it wont have cars that handle like boats and characters that feel like theyre wading through 3ft of shit whenever they move.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 12, 2008 17:25
I'm becoming more and more interested in Saint's Row since I read the reviews...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 14, 2008 01:17
dead space will get. saints row can fuck off.
Johnny Jiron

Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 14, 2008 01:48
The only thing that throws me off dead space is the replay value. IGN review puts it at 12 hours with it sharing time with saints Row that should be a decent amount of time. I'll decide if i get it at the last possible second tomorrow.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 14, 2008 02:06
get both?
Johnny Jiron

Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 14, 2008 02:11
that was my original plan, until my past traffic violation came lurking. Now I gotta be careful with my budget. With the 3 games (LBP, Fable 2, Far Cry 2) coming out next week also I just have to make sure its a very worth while game and won't just become a $60 paperweight.

Right now I'm still leaning towards both and may cancel my MotorStorm 2 preorder. I may also cancel my CoD WaW pre-order after playing the rather mediocre beta. Still it's all up in the air til I step into the store.

Edwin

• Total Posts : 658
Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 15, 2008 21:44
Both of them are great - pick Saints Row 2 if you're worried about longevity as there's absolutely tons on offer there. Our review will be live later tonight - the Dead Space jobbie will follow by the end of the week...
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 15, 2008 21:46
Edwin

Both of them are great - pick Saints Row 2 if you're worried about longevity as there's absolutely tons on offer there. Our review will be live later tonight - the Dead Space jobbie will follow by the end of the week...

Looking forward to the Saint's Row 2 review... Dead Space doesn't really interest me. I don't like "horror" games
Johnny Jiron

Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 16, 2008 09:03
Two very enjoyable games!
Edwin

Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 16, 2008 12:55
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 16, 2008 21:23
My roommate got Dead Space and I must say that it's pretty impressive.  Yeah, he keeps encountering the same damn monster, but he's only on chapter 2 thus far, so we'll see if we get some variety deeper into the game.

It really seems like Bioshock, BTW.  I mean, REALLY!  It could be Bioshock 2.  Just, in space.
Edwin

Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Oct 20, 2008 16:44
Dead Space review's gone live. Sorry for the wait - EA Redwood sent our copy late, the buggers.

http://games.kikizo.com/reviews/xbox360/dead-space-p1.asp
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:Dead Space and Saints Row 2 reviews - Nov 03, 2008 20:14
Traded in some games today - got Dead Space and Fallout 3.   I thought I'd try Dead Space first and get that out of the way.  Up to chapter 2 so far.

I find it difficult to say, since its EA and all... but I like it!  Not all of it, but its the best EA game I've played in a while.

Likes: Visuals, very atmospheric, sound, holographic displays, smooth framerate.

Dislikes: Not wholly 'original', cliched story and characters, pacing feels rushed, predictable scare tactics, restricting and unresponsive controls (on PC), the way Isaac cant stand up straight, simple fetch missions for most of the beginning.

Overall an enjoyable experience - like watching one of those sci-fi movies that are so bad they're still entertaining. 

But I'd recommend the console version since that was what it was clearly designed for.   Runs average on my 2 year old machine - settings are full apart from 768p res and no AA.  Which looks like this -

Playing it more, there are some nice moments, changes in scenery etc which are worth playing through to see, and they've got a few atmospheric moments here and there.  Also the control issues can be lightened somewhat by increasing the mouse sensitivity.  It doesn't get rid of the mouse lag completely, but it helps a lot. 
<message edited by choupolo on Nov 03, 2008 22:11>

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message