Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gas Prices
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 56
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
Gas Prices - Aug 28, 2005 09:23
I looked for a thread about this but, I couldn' t find one. So here it goes.

Please God, what the hell?!?

$2.50 for the cheapest gas?

That crap used to be $1.15.

What' s this?!?

It' s still going up??

This is the state of SC and it' s the poorest state compared to others. Hell, we can' t even educate our kids here and that' s why there' s so many rednecks. Who don' t know how to read or write. Ain' t that a shame? So how much is them gas prices outside of our backyard?
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Gas Prices - Aug 28, 2005 09:36
hee hee hee....this just makes me giggle. I just leave a thread where people believe we should pay MORE for entertainment, and now I hear complaints (and I have heard them elsewhere) about the rising cost of a necessary comodity.

Our gas here is over $4/gallon. Yeah it sucks, but what are you going to do about it?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Gas Prices - Aug 28, 2005 12:02
woohoo I work at home! When I start college luckily it' ll be only 3 days a week. Gas here is $2.66+. I tend to only use my car on the weekends tho.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Gas Prices - Aug 28, 2005 12:28

hee hee hee....this just makes me giggle. I just leave a thread where people believe we should pay MORE for entertainment, and now I hear complaints (and I have heard them elsewhere) about the rising cost of a necessary comodity.

Oh how that echoes my sentiments. I' ve been using the old Bikemobile a lot more since gas went up though, so I' m deffinetly trying to lay off paying the oil execs there money. 1.05$ a litre in Canada. That equals 3.15 US per gallon.
kombatfighter

RE: Gas Prices - Aug 28, 2005 14:19
That' s it, someone needs to make the ultimate Solar Powered car. This is crazy. It' s no wonder nations are trying to take over the foreign lands cause they got oil!!!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Gas Prices - Aug 28, 2005 14:30
$2.64 in Jacksonville, Florida today. $20 doesn' t even fill my little imptort racer up to 3/4 of a tank anymore. Thank god for having decent gas milage for a V6.
George Foreman

• Total Posts : 124
RE: Gas Prices - Aug 28, 2005 17:05
I' m glad I don' t have my license yet. A little while ago I thought I saw the prices about $2.59/gallon where I live.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Gas Prices - Aug 28, 2005 17:21
Who knew that the worlds Fuel supply like Gas and coal will someday be depleated?. Of course the Price HAS to go up, the world is using too much of it and there are not enough alternatives.

Well I am just glad i bought my hydrogen car along time ago. Or you could get a bike.
kombatfighter

RE: Gas Prices - Aug 28, 2005 19:47
Huh, I wonder where Silentbomber lives. Let' s see here...I' ll just place a tracker on his e-mail. Find his whereabouts and only waste about 500 bucks on airfare. Jack his car and strip it down. Repaint it. Wow, a brand new car for only 500 bucks. Damn, I' m good. <this is assuming that he doesn' t live overseas>
Rikka

RE: Gas Prices - Aug 29, 2005 10:31
Yessir, the depletion of fossil fuels is a good thing for my province.... people are looking into knew fuel resources, and a lot of that work is being done here.

I was filling up the other day, and the Gas Jockey was making conversation, and he was going on about how the rise in prices will be a good thing for us (meaning our province) because we have a lot of crude oil here, it is just very costly to refine.... but since the prices for importing it are rising, we are better off spending resources in our own nation first and suddenly the relative cost has gone down. I think he was just trying to save his butt from the mobs of grumbling patrons who were cringing at paying over a buck/litre.

Did I have a point? Most likely not... back to gas.
mxpx182

RE: Gas Prices - Aug 29, 2005 11:15
Well I' m from Saskatchewan Canada, and we do have a lot of oil, and the actual truth of things is that rising gas prices are good for our province. As much as I hate the prices, the economy is benefiting from it, and money is being put in the bank. I' m not sure where you' re from Rikka, but if you' re in a similar situation, then he probably wasn' t just trying to save his own but. Although being a gas Jockey I' m sure his but was pretty oily and greasy to start with.

I' ll just add on that I' d take lower fuel prices in a minute so that oil wasn' t so appealing to our government as a cash source, and actual REAL work was done to find alternate fule sources, not just token efforts to make themselves look good.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 29 Aug 05 19:16:42 >
Rikka

RE: Gas Prices - Aug 29, 2005 13:14

I' ll just add on that I' d take lower fuel prices in a minute so that oil wasn' t so appealing to our government as a cash source, and actual REAL work was done to find alternate fule sources, not just token efforts to make themselves look good.

I agree. We need to look into alternate forms of fuel. Fossil fuels are a limited resource, and at the rate in which our society runs through them, the end is inevitably nigh. Yay for the Canola Biobus!!!!
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Gas Prices - Aug 29, 2005 16:44
$2.67 here in Bakersfield, CA.

I know back home in Nova Scotia, Canada gas is $1.10 - 1.14 per litre (which I believe converts to approx. $4.50 a gallon US).

I know I pay close to $700 a month just to fill up my oil tank back home.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Gas Prices - Aug 29, 2005 19:27
I filled my tank for the week, with that hurricane and the upcoming holiday weekend prices are gonna be hell.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Gas Prices - Aug 29, 2005 19:38
We have alternative forms of fuel all ready for production. the problem is that the stuff is much cheaper and lasts longer. It may not sound like a problem to you and me but for large companies, it will make them loose money. I had to do a huge research paper on this and I' ve found that big business doesn' t want to pay all the mone to transform current gas stations into stations for the new fuels only to get less money from the new product.

Once hydrogen engines are implemented, fuel prices will drop because it' s cheaper to produce. The stuff lasts longer so people will spend their money less often. Also, almost all oil production will cease which will leave thousands and thousands of people without jobs. Most countries economies would fail with a quick shift into cheaper more refined fuels. Many countries in the middle east rely almost completely on the income of oil. they would fall apart. Countries like the U.S. would see a huge decrease in spending when it came to fuel. Many of the gas companies would somply fall apart and they have direct connections with numerous areas of the economy which would cause a chain reaction.

Our reliance on oil has really put us in a bad position. We are to the point were it' s costing way to much to keep using but at the same time not using it would also cause global economic devastation. It' s definately going to be a tricky thing to fix.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Gas Prices - Aug 29, 2005 20:16
The word spread in Tennessee today that prices would rise 40 cents over night, putting our gas prices to $2.80 for regular at the cheapest places. As I was driving home from school I saw almost every gas station packed to the brim with customers and I had to wait in a line myself to fill up my car. I drive a Civic though...I get about 300 miles to a tank of 8 gallons so hopefully it won' t hurt my wallet too bad.
mxpx182

RE: Gas Prices - Aug 29, 2005 20:56

I know back home in Nova Scotia, Canada gas is $1.10 - 1.14 per litre (which I believe converts to approx. $4.50 a gallon US).

I know I pay close to $700 a month just to fill up my oil tank back home.

Don' t forget only 3.8 litres per gallon Shanon, not 4, but still damn expensive. Speaking of which, holy crap, how much do you drive, and what is it, a tank!!!!

You have it right on the money there Rampage though, big business doesn' t want alternate energy because it can' t make as much money off of it. Not only that, but they can' t control it either. I' ve watched a few interesting programs on developing alternate energy sources, and while they are under developement the oil companies are watching it like a hawk. Numerous research firms have claimed all kinds of death threats against them and there families if they didn' t stop research. Now this could be some propaganda, but it' s not that hard to believe. Also, you can bet as soon as a new source is developed and becomes reliable, the oil companies will buy up the rights to it, and charge us all a pile of money to use it anyway, they don' t want to lose their money.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Gas Prices - Aug 30, 2005 15:23

...holy crap, how much do you drive, and what is it, a tank!

Haha... I' m talking about my " oil tank" on the side of my house for " heating oil" . I believe it' s a 200 gallon tank and it costs a bundle to fill it.

And mxpx182 if you don' t start spelling my name right, I' m going to spank you!!!!!
mxpx182

RE: Gas Prices - Aug 30, 2005 15:28
That is so funny Sharon, I took special care to only use 1 r this time, but apparently by ' r' I meant ' n' ! Although I can' t say you' ve given me much incentive to start spelling it correctly now........
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Gas Prices - Aug 30, 2005 16:00

ORIGINAL: Rikka

That' s the point. Video games are a luxury. If a person cannot afford them, then they shouldn' t buy them. If you cannot afford gas, however, then you risk losing your livelyhood. Just my POV.

Anyway...

I' m in Southern California, and I just filled up my tank last night for $2.69 a gallon, for the least expensive fuel. And that is the CHEAPEST place around!

ORIGINAL: kombatfighter

That' s it, someone needs to make the ultimate Solar Powered car.

The problem with converting solar power is, it is horribly inefficient. A more logical alternative is to plug your car in at night in your garage. They have cars that can get almost 300 miles to the gallon by combining hybrid engines and fuel cells that you plug in and charge. Automobile manufacturers constantly shoot down the idea, saying that " people don' t want to plug in their cars" ! Yeah, right! I' ll take 280 mpg if all I have to do is plug in my car when I get home. Auto manufacturers and oil companies go hand in hand! It' s all about money.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 56

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message