Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 GameCube R.I.P
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 52 of 52
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: one more thing - Feb 25, 2007 11:47
It' s a rule that you will fill up your PC HDD, no matter what the size, in a few months. It just happens. I never thought I' d fill up my 200GB HDD, now I' m halfway through 750GB!

Not that it' s necessarily a bad thing. Better to use the space than let it go to waste.
Dagashi

• Total Posts : 987
RE: one more thing - Feb 25, 2007 11:53
Exactly. I could burn stuff to DVD' s, I have tons for that reason, but I get lazy, and get used to the convenience of files being so readily accesible. Once you get used to using tons of storage room, its so hard to change. At least for me it is.

I equate it to people that are pack rats. They always see something they could throw out as something they could use one day. I mean, who knows when I' m gonna listen to one of the songs I have from 10 years back, or that random clip off the internet that I have stored somewhere, I can' t delete it, I might need it!.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: one more thing - Feb 25, 2007 12:22

Indeed. I mean, I used to think my 80gig HD on my comp would be big enough. However, in the last 2 months I' ve downloaded that much, and now I have over 600gigs in HD' s hooked up to the comp. Besides that, on my ps3, I' ve filled up a lot with HD movie trailers, demo' s, pictures, music etc. It is never a bad thing to have a lot of storage space, regardless of what product it is on.

Haha, been there thought that

That' s why I' m heated, you never know who starts creepin
waking you up with AKs while you lie sleeping
I' d rather pack the heat and not need
rather than need one and not have it, I married to this Glock-matic

Your my hero now
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: one more thing - Feb 25, 2007 15:24

I married to this Glock-matic

That' s not even English!
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: one more thing - Feb 25, 2007 15:33
The whole sony thing was a joke, I liked the Gamecube, yeah, but it had some massive flaws. Last Generation PS2 was the best console. But secretly I wished it was the Gamecube that was :P
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: one more thing - Feb 25, 2007 16:38
Some people like Ferrari, some people like Toyota. Nothing wrong with that.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: one more thing - Feb 26, 2007 03:32

Some people like Ferrari, some people like Toyota. Nothing wrong with that.

... As long as its not a ford
He

• Total Posts : 292
RE: one more thing - Feb 27, 2007 00:45
A_Wiiner

I don' t know about you guys, but I actually kinda like this guy. You have to respect someone who with the honesty to admit, almost advertise, that they are a fanboy in their own name. Damn, I should have done something like that.

That' s not even English!

In my experience Rap (which I' m assuming the referenced song is) usually isn' t, or takes so many liberties with the language that it should be labeled as its own derivative dialect. I think it already has its own dictionary.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: one more thing - Feb 27, 2007 04:33

It' s a rule that you will fill up your PC HDD, no matter what the size, in a few months. It just happens. I never thought I' d fill up my 200GB HDD, now I' m halfway through 750GB!

I feel lame even mentioning my HDD space. Highlight below, but be forewarned, not for the faint of heart.

20 Gigs Bitches

& it' s more than enough for me. Sure there' s crap I' d like to have on my PC, but that old baby has served me pretty well. My PC is mainly for net surfing, and the occasional photo-editing (usually for jokes on forums). Plus, I' m not sure I could update Old Bertha' s HDD (refills her with deisel & hits refresh) without going all the way & buying a new PC.
Dagashi

RE: one more thing - Feb 27, 2007 13:24
Haha, Eddie, I liked the white text, it made it that much funnier.

Thats the size of my HD from 9 years ago. I remember thinking it was huge and that along with the brand new CD burner I had, I would never run out of room. Needless to say, nowadays, that wouldn' t even cover half my mp3' s.
A_Wiiner

• Total Posts : 23
RE: one more thing - Mar 01, 2007 10:49

Erm, RAM is different to a Hard drive or memory card. It is volatile memory, meaning when you power down the system, all of the data stored on there is lost. HDD' s/Memory Cards are non volatile.

RAM is not used for saving games or downloading programs. In a very basic sense, RAM is a place used to store data that programs need while running. From RAM, the data can be accessed, manipulated, processed, etc by the GPU/CPU/other parts of the system. For games, this involves many different things. One good example is textures. The more RAM you have, the larger more detailed textures you can have and hence you can end up with better visuals.

Forgive me for my misuse of technology terms! but srsly you knowwhat i mean. A smaller memory dosent necesarily make for less enjoyment with a system. maybe you should spend less time with your computer dictionary and more time paying attention to what my point is, n00b.

PS. your user name doesn' t sound like " A_winner" , it sounds like " A_weiner" .

This really made me laugh, the only thing funnier than the name, is the n00bs that call you stupid when they dont even understand the multi-dimensional humor behind it

but srsly guys, theres nothing wrong with nintendo, it just dosent see the need to rise up to the hardware standards when games are where its at!
Dagashi

RE: one more thing - Mar 01, 2007 11:55

but srsly guys, theres nothing wrong with nintendo, it just dosent see the need to rise up to the hardware standards when games are where its at!

It is definitely amusing that we have fans at one end of the spectrum that talk about console capabilities as if that is what matters most, and then people like this who claim that poor console performance doesn' t matter when the games are unique and of high quality.

It is good to have varying interests within the industry though.
Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 41 to 52 of 52

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message