Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Evolution
PeyloW

• Total Posts : 64
Evolution - Mar 09, 2003 14:15
At first there where nothing but a soup of chemicals and the chemical evolution begun and formed amino-acids and other vital components for life. When that evolution had evolved far enough the biological evolution could start and complex organism formed. It continued and humans where made and if one might say so surpassed evolution as we normally mean, social evolution took over. The forming of the very social structures that allows us to do go beyond gathering food for the day and live in the abundance we have.

If we assume amino-acids are perfected, and we assume that we as living organisms are perfected then what will the perfected social framework be? And what evolution will take over from there? Will be Q?

I am having a philosophical brainstorming.
shade

• Total Posts : 77
RE: Evolution - Mar 09, 2003 14:45
BigRedMachine

• Total Posts : 127
RE: Evolution - Mar 10, 2003 17:39
The next step in evolution will probably a step back.
Somewher in the future there will be a disaster which will casue the human race (and what not else) to become extinct. Now it is proven that amino-acids can form out of pure air under the right circumstances.
So, if the whole being of existance will become extinct for some reason (which will be the next logical step in evolution IMO), it will all be build up from scratch or from low surviving lifeforms. and who knows what will become out of that.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Evolution - Mar 10, 2003 20:44
I believe that in the near future select humans will begin to develop powers, which will lead to them being persecuted and called " mutants" . These mutants will join 2 sides following the 2 strongest of their kind, one good and one evil...this looks familar somehow...

Anyways I believe the next step in evolution will not be a physical change, but rather something to do with using our brains a bit better. That is the key to our next step in evolutino me thinks.
BigRedMachine

RE: Evolution - Mar 11, 2003 13:54
I don' t really think the human race can develop further physically or mentally.
BTW, the human race is pretty sucky, we should have tons of changes to our body would we want the maximum out of our build. Anyway, the evolution comes from technology, that' s for sure.
skurf

• Total Posts : 85
RE: Evolution - Mar 11, 2003 23:44
BRM, considering we are using only a very miniscule(sp?) percentage of our brains I don' t see how you can say that the human race has fully evolved. If we have fully evolved why aren' t we all as smart as Einstein or Mozart? I think, many centuries, maybe milleniums down the road we will all be as smart as these geniouses that lived in the past. I wouldn' t rule out some sort of telepathic evolution either....and how come dogs have better hearing and and sense of smell?
BigRedMachine

RE: Evolution - Mar 12, 2003 17:41
I don' t really think humanity is ready for that. At least, not in a loooooong while.
What if all Saddams in the world were geniuses? I don' t think it would be good for humanity if everybody was a genius.
Anyway, I do think that will come, but not in this stage. We need to create a better world first and I don' t see that coming in a long time.
About the dogs, they adapted to their enviroment. They really need to have good smeel to survive. They don' t have extraordinary good hearing though. The human race doesn' t need to adapt to anything right now, so no mutations for us.
Stimpy182

• Total Posts : 25
RE: Evolution - Mar 12, 2003 23:18
" In creating the human brain, evolution has wildly overshot the mark."

~Arthur Koestler

...but yes, I believe it to be a mental progression. As we become more dependant on our brains over our braun you can see how we are getting thinner, less hairy (yes), and increase in brain mass and skull cavity size.

Also, BRM, you' ve gotta see it as a balance. Ok, really lame, but think of it like an RPG or something. Right now the average intelligence may be a +5 whereas the Einsteins and Motzarts are +8. In another 1,000 years the average will be +8 and the " geniuses" will be +11.

And regarding the whole Saddam thing, if there is an evil supergenius, there will be a good supergenius to counter. Besides, evil is rooted in ignorance for the most part. The majority of " evil" leaders weren' t necessarily smart; they were merely charismatic.
BigRedMachine

RE: Evolution - Mar 13, 2003 16:09
You got a point there Stimpy. Dictators weren' t always known for their superior intellect. But the men behind them WERE.

Hitler had Goebels and Himmler...
Stalin had Molotov and Trotsky...

They were real geniuses. And we don' t know what they would do if we haven' t countered them in WW2. But let' s hope there are a lot more GOOD geniuses than evil ones in the future, because I think humanity will take a arge step in that direction...
Alkyne

• Total Posts : 39
RE: Evolution - Mar 17, 2003 19:25
If we don' t destroy ourselves first....we' ve already done a pretty good number on the Earth itself.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll