Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Is Xbox Dvd kit any good?
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
Is Xbox Dvd kit any good? - Jul 09, 2004 02:54
hey, i' m planning to buy xbox dvd kit, can u guys give me some comments on it so that i can make up my mind if i shoujld buy it or not?
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Is Xbox Dvd kit any good? - Jul 09, 2004 04:03
Well it does what its supposed to do, and if you find yerself in a creative urge you can figure out how to set ne universal remote for it...I had a lot of time. Really no defects to, it at all works smooth.

Guess if you dont have a DVD player its a very nice cheap substitute.
Ch@otix

• Total Posts : 41
RE: Is Xbox Dvd kit any good? - Jul 09, 2004 19:54
Yeah, it' s worth getting if you don' t already have a DVD player, or if you want one to yourself. It shouldn' t cost too much either.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Is Xbox Dvd kit any good? - Jul 09, 2004 21:30
with those good comments, i think i' ll probably get one, thanks guys
fictionised

• Total Posts : 85
RE: Is Xbox Dvd kit any good? - Jul 11, 2004 06:04

<message edited by fictionised on Jul 01, 2013 07:17>
jediyoshi

• Total Posts : 8
RE: Is Xbox Dvd kit any good? - Jul 11, 2004 08:00
Sadly my Xbox is right next to the rest of my entertainment system (dvd player included). I always wanted to try it out though.

What exactly does the kit add? I mean it' s not like the disc drive isn' t capable of already reading DVDs.
Trudu

• Total Posts : 2
RE: Is Xbox Dvd kit any good? - Jul 11, 2004 09:01
Hi,
U should buy it if u don' t own a DVD player already...
U' ll need to use a rgb (or hdtv ? but I never tried) cable too to get the best quality...
But the decoding capabilities of the xbox are not as good as a real dvd player...
I tried several dvd players with a " bad encoded" dvd (The Eye, hk movie) and I noticed that the video games dvd players are not really good, since it seems that they do not offer any post-processing of the mosaics that appears on some scene of that movie (anyway, the dvd player of the xbox is pretty better than the ps2 one)
I tried this dvd on a sony home cinema dvd player too (of a friend) and I was pretty surprised since the picture was totally different... i.e. no mosaics on screen :o
But honestly, I still use the dvd player of my xbox... because I don' t think that spending 450€ for best quality picture is worth of it.... the xbox kit is only 30€ so.... if u do not expect to get the best quality (or if u plan to buy only good encoded dvds....) u can buy it ;)
bye

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message