Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 DS exceeds 50m
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
DS exceeds 50m - Oct 04, 2007 05:56

Set the Wayback Machine for travel to Fall 2004, and tell yourself the Nintendo DS will have sold 50 million units worldwide in three years. In addition to causing a universe-destroying paradox, you' ll probably also be called a liar by yourself, which would suck almost as much. But, it' s a fact: Tech.co.uk reports (via PC World) that the Nintendo DS has surpassed 50 million units worldwide.
For some perspective, it took 16 years for Nintendo to sell 119 million Game Boys worldwide. If the DS continues to sell at this pace, it' ll reach that number in less than half the time. The PlayStation 2, while we' re counting, reached the 100 million mark in five and a half years.

The PSP, meanwhile, has sold 25 million units worldwide, which would be a more than respectable number if it weren' t for Nintendo' s little giant making all competition nearly look meaningless in comparison. With 20 million sales coming from Japan alone, that means 1 in 6 people in the country have a Nintendo DS. That is the definition of ubiquitous.

DS is the best gaming system of late IMO. Loads of quality titles (if you actually know the scene) that range in vastly different genres: MK:DS, NSMB, Dragon Quest Heroes, Children of Mana, elite Beat agents, Animal Crossing DS, trauma Centre, Hotel dusk, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, Taiko No Tatsujin, Advanced wars, Bomberman DS, Harvest Moon and now Phantom Hourglass (what a game), plus many more are some of the best games ive played. thing is, the system has still[ got alot to give..

whatever the haters, fanboys got to say, (in all fairness i only really se them on this forum) DS is no doubt, a gaming milestone.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 04, 2007 07:19
Loads of titles for fags you mean. If I ever catch anyone playing animal crossing in public I will beat their ass right then and there. Faggots.

By your logic, NSYNC is the pinnacle of music talent because they have some of the highest record sales of all time, LOL. DS = NSYNC, for faggots. I said it. Sales mean nothing, PS2 was good because it was good, not just because it crushed the competition.

And weren' t you saying on the other thread you are against trendy things? Then why do you support fads like Wii & DS? What a hypocrite, or maybe you' re just stupid and don' t know the meaning of the word.
< Message edited by emofag -- 3 Oct 07 23:31:42 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 04, 2007 08:39
I suppose you (emofag) decide what people should consider good (or non faggoty(?))

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 04, 2007 09:09
rofl,he will beat you faggy ass!
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 04, 2007 09:13
I told him I had played Nintendogs before and he didn' t beat mine.
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 05, 2007 01:48

I told him I had played Nintendogs before and he didn' t beat mine

Hehe, speaking of Nintendogs, did you know it sold more than Halo 1 and 2 combined.

I' ll save you your reply EMO...

< Message edited by virtua fighter 5 -- 4 Oct 07 17:55:50 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 05, 2007 02:03

Hehe, speaking of Nintendogs, did you know it sold more than Halo 1 and 2 combined.

It only goes to show how many DS are in kids hands. Games like nintendogs are talentless timesinks. Ohhh look at me im petting the dog!

People playing games like that should be shot, if they are older than 10. 12 is acceptable if they are girls!
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 05, 2007 10:27

12 is acceptable if they are girls!

*guts you with the chainsaw*
emofag

RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 05, 2007 10:29

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

It only goes to show how many DS are in kids hands. Games like nintendogs are talentless timesinks. Ohhh look at me im petting the dog!

People playing games like that should be shot, if they are older than 10. 12 is acceptable if they are girls!

Exactly.

Sony & Microsoft strive to move gaming into being adult oriented, Nintendo keeps holding the world back with their kiddy/faggy shit.
< Message edited by emofag -- 5 Oct 07 2:31:00 >
emofag

RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 05, 2007 10:32

ORIGINAL: Virtua fighter 5

I told him I had played Nintendogs before and he didn' t beat mine

I' ll save you your reply EMO...

That' s because there is like 20 versions of the game, while there are only 3 Halos.

And again sales mean nothing, if you think Nintendogs is better than Halo you are really out of your mind.
< Message edited by emofag -- 5 Oct 07 2:57:36 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 05, 2007 14:09
Nintendo' s kiddy and faggy games seem to be making them a lot of money, and I imagine that' s what they' re in business to do. Nobody goes into business with the mindset of " I want to move this industry forward and bring quality titles to the market. I don' t care if I can' t even recoup my losses" . Instead they go in with the mindset of " OMG $$$$$ LOLOL" and do whatever they can to spend as little as possible and make the most. Perhaps that' s why the Xbox360 is built with shit quality... not enough money poured into it for quality components.
Vx Chemical

RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 05, 2007 15:28

*guts you with the chainsaw*

No offence byakko, but when boys reach 10 they should have healthy intrest like using a chainsaw per see, girls can be excused for wanting to have a pet in a game.

I guess if you could have pitbull in nintendogs that tears up everything, that you can teach to attack on sight, well that would make it acceptable.

In any case, kids should ask for a real dog.
gamer4eva

• Total Posts : 104
RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 05, 2007 22:27

In any case, kids should ask for a real dog.

Kids should ask for real guns. Stupid argument.

Games like nintendogs are talentless timesinks.

Exactly
Sony & Microsoft strive to move gaming into being adult oriented, Nintendo keeps holding the world back with their kiddy/faggy shit.

Your brain' s are talentless to see that Nintendogs was a perfectly executed game with a perfectly predicted market in sight.

Like Mr Redifer was edging on, you seem incompetent to know what qualities drives developers succeed in this industry and expand the market. Nintendogs has made so many girl gamers.

Why bring this up on this forum? it' s only going to cause hurt on the fanboys.
Vx Chemical

RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 05, 2007 22:35

Why bring this up on this forum? it' s only going to cause hurt on the fanboys.

When you say fanboy, you know the only fanboys on the forum are you and VF? Because we dislike nintendos current strategy, that doesnt make us fanboys.

But you, defending it with every breath, never doubting, now that is a fanboy!
gamer4eva

RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 05, 2007 22:52
go to other forums where people post on even grounds. Unlike this one where people seem to down any Nintendo related thread simply because they are market leaders and the fanboy hate this.

Actually time for me and introduce this forum to many other Level headed posters and many Nintendo fans i know.

*Kikizo will se alot more New posters very soon to even out the disscussion*

Vx Chemical

RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 05, 2007 23:02
Well im glad for you that your satisfied playing on hardware so old it should be thrown at you instead of bought!

It' s as if the control method is excuse enough to release old hardware. What do you think would have happened if nintendo had released the wii with just a standard controller? It would have been little more than a gamecube. They could easlily have released the wii mote for the cube.

Nintendo shóuld have released something on par with the other consoles and with a standard controller and a wii mote. People are settling for less when they could have had more.

Thank good nintendo releases good games now and then, otherwise the console would have been worthless!
gamer4eva

RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 05, 2007 23:07

Well im glad for you that your satisfied playing on hardware so old it should be thrown at you instead of bought!

It' s as if the control method is excuse enough to release old hardware. What do you think would have happened if nintendo had released the wii with just a standard controller? It would have been little more than a gamecube. They could easlily have released the wii mote for the cube.

Nintendo shóuld have released something on par with the other consoles and with a standard controller and a wii mote. People are settling for less when they could have had more.

Thank good nintendo releases good games now and then, otherwise the console would have been worthless!

I don' t know what on earth that has to do with the discussion. Why not start a new thread.
Vx Chemical

RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 05, 2007 23:09
You must be on drugs!! remind me to ignore you from now on
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 06, 2007 05:31

Nintendogs has made so many girl gamers.

Hmm? *Gasp* A girl is holding a video game console! Quick! Everyone ship out as many barbie and animal games as you can! Obviously a girl doesnt want to play games that guys play, they obviously want to play fucking nintendogs
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: DS exceeds 50m - Oct 06, 2007 05:56

Kids should ask for real guns. Stupid argument.

You just built yourself a nice straw man.

Unlike this one where people seem to down any Nintendo related thread simply because they are market leaders and the fanboy hate this.

Market leader? When did that happen? How would you even define a market leader?
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 49

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message