Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 OMG Killzone 2 not possible on the 360
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
OMG Killzone 2 not possible on the 360 - Sep 05, 2007 19:02
And i was hoping for a port, dammit!!

Killzone 2 Only Possible On PS3 Say Guerrilla News

Could the SCEE first party developers be digging their own grave of Killzone 2 over-hype???

According to the latest issue of Official PlayStation Magazine, Guerrilla big-wigs are openly suggesting that the Xbox 360 couldn' t handle a game like Killzone 2. Well, they would, wouldn' t they?

Guerrilla' s Managing Director Herman Hulst stated of being able to develop exclusively for the PlayStation 3: " It' s a huge benefit. If you' re developing a game on multiple platforms there are restrictions you always have to take into consideration.

" We are taking huge advantage of the architecture of PS3. I firmly believe that what we' ve shown we can get out of that machine would be difficult, if not impossible, to deliver on a competing machine."

On the same issue of developing Killzone 2 on multiple platforms, Killzone 2 Producer Steven Ter Heide made the following comments: " I would say [It' s] impossible. We literally can' t do this stuff on any machine other than the PS3."

Ter Heide went on to point out the advantages of Blu-ray on the PS3: " To make it simple, the Xbox 360 doesn' t have SixAxis or Blu-ray. PlayStation 3 does. And for us that' s a really big thing. The level you' ve just seen is 2GB. We really need Blu-ray to make the game. I don' t know how you could fit it on Xbox 360 without taking some shortcuts."

In fairness to Guerrilla, other third party developers such as Epic have indirectly criticised the limitations of the Xbox 360' s DVD format before but, when all' s said and done, would you expect Guerrilla to say anything different? Guerrilla' s comments are comparable to Bungie stating that no system other than the Xbox 360 could run Halo 3, a claim that' s a little salacious at best.

reading this, what does Guerilla now about making mp games, havent they always been Sony' s lapdog?

I find it kinda funny that they are naming the dvd drive of the 360 as a hindrance since its not on the PC, you wont see HDdvd standard on pcs for years

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll