Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Tenchu 4
Demonoroth

• Total Posts : 359
Tenchu 4 - Jun 09, 2008 05:08

Tenchu IV to be first part of a trilogy

Platforms for V and VI still in discussion

Developer Acquire has revealed that the Wii-exclusive Tenchu IV will be the first part of a trilogy of Tenchu games, but the platform for the second and third parts are still yet to be determined.

The company also said in a press conference that Ubisoft will also be distributing the title in Europe and the US.

Details from the latest issue of Famitsu also reveal that the story is set one year after the riots caused by the Witchcraft Lord ' Tenrai' .

Whilst strange forces start to gain power in the Gouda territory, Princess Kiku is kidnapped. It' s up to ninja Rikimaru to investigate these events.

It sounds more like the plot of a Final Fantasy game. But the magazine does point out that underneath it all it' s still the stealth ninja action game that Tenchu fans will expect.

Let' s just hope it' s better than the frankly embarrassing 360 effort.

No word on how the Wii Remote works with the game yet, though. We' re putting in a call to Ubisoft to see what we can find out now.

Now this is good news for me. I' ll probably be getting this no matter what reviewers say.
Also it' s Acquire doing it again so I have some hope for the game since I liked the first and the second Tenchu the most.

Not much besides this is known about the game yet but I' m keeping my fingers crossed and hoping for a good game.

Also a little trailer up on gametrailers. Don' t see much in it and from the graphical point of view...I don' t know...some stuff I thought looked good other stuff looked kinda...well bland.

Well anyways was good seeing Rikimaru at it again. Ryu Hayabusa and Joe Musashi might be bigger in name but for some reason I seem to like Rikimaru a lot more than any other ninja out there.

So yeah hoping 4 turns out well and that they also release 5 and 6 on the Wii as well.

Think it' s time to hook up my ps2 again and see if I can still get my grandmaster titles for all levels and layouts on hard.

Move like a shadow.
Strike like a snake.
*disappears unseen into the night...like a ninja*
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 8 Jun 08 21:08:48 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Tenchu 4 - Jun 09, 2008 06:06
Tenchu: Stealth Assassins - Amazing
Tenchu 2: Birth of the Stealth Assassins - Amazing
Tenchu: Wrath of Heaven - Meh
Tenchu: Return from Darkness - Meh
Tenchu: Fatal Shadows - Meh
Tenchu: Time of the Assassins - Meh
Tenchu: Dark Secret - Meh
Tenchu Z - Meh
Shin_Ishikawa

• Total Posts : 144
RE: Tenchu 4 - Jun 09, 2008 06:21
I heard from some people saying that tenchu for the first playstation were good game. Then one day I decided to give tenchu a try and I bought one for the PS2 don' t remember its full name. but yeah I suck at it. I din' t get too far but I din' t like it much either. Tenchu is more like a stealth ninja game. The only ninja game I have enjoy play is ninja gaiden. and there was this really good ninja game for the nes. I think the name of it is wrath of the black manta. I think not too sure.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Tenchu 4 - Jun 09, 2008 06:33
The playstation games were developed by Sony, the rest weren' t. The only way the series is making a comeback if is sony develops it.
ys

• Total Posts : 532
RE: Tenchu 4 - Jun 09, 2008 06:39
Wasn' t it Acquire who developed the first ones? Or were they a part of Sony at the time?

In any case, it would be the original developers behind this game again.

Edit :

I just happened to see someone link to some scans from Famitsu :

http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/uploads/73027_viploader659938_122_647lo.jpg
< Message edited by ys -- 8 Jun 08 22:43:52 >
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Tenchu 4 - Jun 09, 2008 06:51

Whilst strange forces start to gain power in the Gouda territory, Princess Kiku is kidnapped. It' s up to ninja Rikimaru to investigate these events.

It sounds more like the plot of a Final Fantasy game.

Sounds like the plot from the the first Tenchu!

" Your Princess Kiku is hewd below, guarded by Looord Meeho himsheelf!"

Onikage was so cool.

Plus, how can part IV be part I in the trilogy? I suppose the feeling is one of ' back to the drawing board folks' , after the last few. Just get the old voice actors back and I' d buy it.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Tenchu 4 - Jun 09, 2008 10:38
f.u.c.k

That' s my contribution to this topic
Shin_Ishikawa

RE: Tenchu 4 - Jun 09, 2008 10:48

ORIGINAL: Chimura

f.u.c.k

That' s my contribution to this topic

what does that means chimura? May I ask you a question? What is chimura means? I never heard a name like that. but I like it. it sounds somehow japanese.
Chimura

• Total Posts : 1123
RE: Tenchu 4 - Jun 09, 2008 12:26

what does that means chimura? May I ask you a question? What is chimura means? I never heard a name like that. but I like it. it sounds somehow japanese.

It means that I am very disappointed to see this going to the Wii. As much as I was disappointed with what had happened to the Tenchu series already, this was like the K.O blow for me.

As far as Chimura, its basically:

C (Took it from Cloud, the character in my avatar)+ Himura (Kenshin' s last name from Rurouni Kenshin)= Chimura

PS: Btw, this is Kenshin

Shin_Ishikawa

RE: Tenchu 4 - Jun 10, 2008 00:37
yeah I knew who kenshin is. he' s the guy from samurai X I think. am I correct? I really like that movie alot. I don' t have anymore though.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Tenchu 4 - Jun 11, 2008 01:09

Tenchu is more like a stealth ninja game.

Holy shit, are you serious? I never knew that!!

Anyway, I figured this would be a good thread to announce my return, since Tenchu 4 is unimportant anyway. Ive been away for almost 4 months at OSUT(Infantry) training in Ft. Benning, GA. I joined the National Guard, so now Im part of the evil oppressive American Govt.
emofag

• Total Posts : 1508
RE: Tenchu 4 - Jun 12, 2008 10:37

ORIGINAL: ys

Wasn' t it Acquire who developed the first ones? Or were they a part of Sony at the time?

In any case, it would be the original developers behind this game again.

Edit :

I just happened to see someone link to some scans from Famitsu :

http://gonintendo.com/wp-content/uploads/73027_viploader659938_122_647lo.jpg

I thought it was Sony, if the original devs are making it then it should be decent. But who owns the franchise anyway... it' s been published by Sony, Microsoft, Activision and passed around several developers...
Demonoroth

RE: Tenchu 4 - Jun 12, 2008 21:27

With the Tenchu IV trailer and teaser site out of the way -- along with screenshots of ninja miniskirts -- the next media update we needed was video of someone actually playing the stealth game. Luckily for us, developer Acquire and publisher From Software didn' t keep us waiting long, demoing the title at a recent press event.

The Tenchu IV screen is a bit washed out, but you can still see a preview of how the controls will work and how to stash a dead body in nearby bushes. Apparently, hanging upside down and snapping an unsuspecting dude' s neck is as easy as hitting the A button.

As for the video here it is quality ain' t all that great.

And as for Emofag his question seems to be answered right there.

Also seems the view is an over the shoulder view, you can put out lamps and sneak around the shadows, and you can hang down from the ceiling as you snap dudes' necks.

I actually like the idea of finally being able to blow out those lights. A nice new little touch...well at least I think so. Makes sneaking around a bit easier and kinda makes sense to be able to do so.

The collision stuff looks a bit off but not something I myself would really complain about though.

And graphically...I don' t know it' s hard to tell from that vid. It doesn' t look super but I don' t get the impression it looks like crap either.

If that' s how the game would look like I ain' t really complaining. And if they can get the controls right this might actually be a rather good game.

Well with the stuff I' ve seen now I' m a happy ninja so far.
< Message edited by demonoroth -- 12 Jun 08 13:46:01 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Tenchu 4 - Jun 12, 2008 21:45

ORIGINAL: Demonoroth

Well with the stuff I' ve seen now I' m a happy ninja so far.

You ain' t a Ninja you Wii-only owning fuckhead. We are Ninja, and we' ll fuck you up...
Demonoroth

Re: RE: Tenchu 4 - Jul 29, 2008 04:16
Nothing much really, just a new little trailer that's all.

trailer
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re: RE: Tenchu 4 - Jul 30, 2008 01:21
Let this thread die, along with the mediocre game this surely will be.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll