Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 34
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 24, 2006 07:45
TeamXbox

Well booth babes will be there, just not as.... exposed.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 23 Jan 06 23:45:41 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 24, 2006 08:14
More like thank bloody goodness
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 24 Jan 06 0:16:31 >
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 24, 2006 09:23
Agree woth Joe... and agree with this article:

http://news.spong.com/article/9564

As most publications seek to bemoan the news, perhaps its worth pointing out what E3 is actually like. Battling through masses of lecherous men queuing to be photographed with generic glamour model X isn' t exactly fun. There' s also the fact that draping semi-naked women over sub-standard videogames doesn' t really do anyone any good, let alone the huge numbers of women working within the games industry at all levels.

Rather than bemoaning this guideline, perhaps we should look to why it' s been put into place. Surely it' s embarrassing that a sector turning over billions of dollars globally relies so heavily on base-level gratuity to draw attention to products that after half an hour, all look the same anyway. A girl in a bikini throwing cheap caps at a bunch of fat men trying to take pictures of her crotch isn' t exactly the golden future of interactive entertainment we have collectively pictured.

E3 is enough of a nightamare as it is without worrying about if I look fat in front of nice girls. That' s for the evening back in Hollywood when you have the convenience of paying them not to notice.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 24, 2006 09:53
I see your point...buuuuuuut, I have the advantage of having to only deal with the results. However, knowing a tad more on the workings, I shall have more respect for you guys.

THANK YOU for fighting thru those sweaty, greasy, stained, men and snatching up the peices for us outsiders! Altho isn' t it a breath of fresh air after fighting thru the sweat mess?
< Message edited by Mass X -- 24 Jan 06 2:05:46 >
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 24, 2006 13:44
E3 is just a monumentally stressful time of year for me for about a hundred reasons. The mere thought of it (only four months - shit) makes my stomach churn.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 24, 2006 14:24
It might be a wee bit less stressful if you didn' t have to travel nearly halfway around the world. Personally I don' t enjoy traveling much.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 24, 2006 14:38
I for one dont find most of the booth babes that hot, some but mostly it' s just normal girls with loads of makeup and latex on. More focus on the games is better, its sad that games that doesnt really have any real interest just has to have almost naked girls around their stand and then the get publicity as well!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 24, 2006 19:12
I dont know what i feel about booth babes,know some female irl games who work at the biggest gamingsites,and they hate it,they doesnt feel like a serious gaming journalist when being a girl...
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 24, 2006 21:34
It' s not like people go for th booth babes anyway, that' d be daft. Adam' s gonna gave LOADS to do this year i think, it' s going to be busy as hell! Ha, i can' t believe it' s only 4 months away, it seems like E3 was only a couple of months back.

I wonder if i could use documentation form my degree course to obtain a free pass to the exibit floor...

Adam, what kind of ID do you guys have to supply?!

EDIT: Nevermind, i found it, it looks like it has to be something to do with a company you work for. Damn, couldn' t i just send them proof of my course?
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 24 Jan 06 13:39:14 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 24, 2006 21:58
The hottest booth babe I' ve EVER seen was Blood Rayne! She was SMOKIN' HOT! All the rest look uninterested (or fake-interested) and plain.

whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 25, 2006 00:49
If, ya know, you can' t be bothered going to E3 this year Adam I' ll gladly take your place. The chance to see the newest greatest games months before release, the PS3 and Revolution blown wide open and the possibility of even just having a glimpse of some of gaming biggest names is one I' d gladly kill for.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 25, 2006 21:04
I' ve always found the idea of ' booth babes' funny until now. I can respect what they' re doing for E3. It' s a big step forward imo, but it doesn' t go anywhere to solve how sex is used to sell pretty much everything else these days.

Also, women dont have to be nekkid to be sexy, it just requires a bit more imagination. So Im pretty sure the booth ladies wont suddenly become intelligent or knowledgable about the game they' re advertising.

Should stir things up a little however.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 25, 2006 23:03
...hey...

.....are you the mysterious 4th ?....
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 25, 2006 23:49
Agree that they are completely unnecesary, even tho my experience of shows is limited to UK based ones. I would, however, worry if the reasoning behind the toning down this year is driven more by the hypocrisy of America' s puritanical, extreme, Christian-right than it is by a genuine desire to draw the focus of E3 back where it belongs.

Besides, American Booth Babes predominantly seem to be made up off older, rougher models that can' t get better work, caked-up Pamela Anderson-alikes and those that are just oh-so plain. Only a handful each year are truly pretty (but of course there are those that believe ' more than a handful is a waste' anyway - or is that to do with something else?).
< Message edited by Stephen Rowley -- 31 Jan 06 20:56:04 >
Bishonen

RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 26, 2006 00:16
...don' t you think that it helps the games industry?...

...women & girls love dressing up and role playing.... ..surely by regularly doing this at places like E3, Videogame culture would rub off, getting them more interested in gaming in general?.......

....actually i think E3 should host some-sort of professional cosplay convention in general.....

...something for the fans, you know?..

....were the ones making them rich after all...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 26, 2006 00:20
Im not sure how the restrictive culture in the US helps the industry. If they start taking further steps back and begins to censor things, then thats bad for the industry.

There are plenty of people in the US, who i think is inclined to ban games altogether!
Terry Bogard

RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 26, 2006 00:40
E3' s main focus should be all about new games and technologies. That' s always been the entire point of the show. Not to showcase scantily cladded bimbos who know absolutely nothing about the games they' re supposedly representing.

That' s why I like Nintendo' s booth. While they always have a bevy of beauties there, their booth reps as I like to call them, are dressed well enough and actually know a little something about some of the games in their booth. They' re not like some of the other Pam Anderson wannabe ' booth babes' with g-strings creeping up the crack of their asses!

For that type of stuff you' re better off with:
http://www.girlsgonewild.com/

< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 25 Jan 06 16:53:41 >
Bishonen

RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 26, 2006 00:57
...that' s a bit harsh, no?....

..of course E3' s main focus is new games and tech... but what is the male-female ratio of atttendeee' s?.....

...it' s like E3 is a modern genteleman club or something.... ..would' nt it be a good idea to add some sort of diversity to the proceedings?....

...who can argue that it would be greatly beneficial for the gaming industry if more females were involved?....
Terry Bogard

RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 26, 2006 01:13
More female gamers would definitely be a good thing. But I can' t think of any female gamers or potential female gamers that would see those T&A exhibitionists (aka booth babes) as a positive thing or a draw for them to get into gaming
Bishonen

RE: No Sexy E3 Booth Babes?! Blasphemy!!! - Jan 26, 2006 01:29
...you disappoint me sir....

...i thought you' d be familiar with Cosplaying, and how popular it is with women and girls...

....especially in Japan.....
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 34

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread