Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Gamersyde removed vids found new site with 13
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Gamersyde removed vids found new site with 13 - Dec 04, 2008 03:44
Gamersyde

Find my 2nd post for the hard to miss link.
<message edited by Johnny Jiron on Dec 06, 2008 09:49>
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:12 Killzone 2 Vids from Single Player - Dec 04, 2008 13:26
Resistance 2's solo campaign is a blast but Killzone 2 is going to blow it out of the water.

I'm glad they've put a lot of emphasis on the multiplayer component too. It looks kickass.
Kelvinellenton

• Total Posts : 454
Re:12 Killzone 2 Vids from Single Player - Dec 04, 2008 19:14
Wauw, that is beautiful
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
Re:12 Killzone 2 Vids from Single Player - Dec 04, 2008 19:42
Being my overcritical self, y'know even though this game is ultra pretty, I'm just not excited watching the gameplay.  In fact some design decisions are either just funny or annoying.

Maybe it was just the way the guy was playing it, but because there's zero recoil, it looks like he's just playing a game of put the dot on the helghast - and having difficulty even at that.

The way your guy keeps calling you every 2 seconds at the beginning gets annoying.

Funny bits were when your captain's on fire and screaming - shooting him and smacking him across the face just makes him scream more!

Then there seemed to be some guy who was just watching you constantly from behind, saying "great shot Sev!" and "keep it up Sev!" after each and every enemy you eventually killed.

And then of course to me, shocking someone who's down but still breathing, from a metre away is just ridiculous!

And why do all the Helghast have British accents?

...apart from all that, the game looks awesome!  Hey, I was wrong about Gears before that came out, I thought it looked really monotonous, but game is legendary.
<message edited by choupolo on Dec 04, 2008 20:27>
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:12 Killzone 2 Vids from Single Player - Dec 04, 2008 22:55
The only videogame to ever impress me this much is Crysis.
_Majik_

• Total Posts : 198
Re:12 Killzone 2 Vids from Single Player - Dec 05, 2008 00:14
Everything about this game looks fucking awesome. The weapons, enemies, environments, visuals, art direction, solo, multiplayer... it looks fucking badass. Y'know, you play CoD4/5, Resistance 2 or Halo 3... and then you watch these videos... and you ask yourself why the developers of those other games couldn't achieve something even remotely as cool.

Resistance 2 is good. It's better than Halo 3 and CoD4 at least, and it's a huge leap over the original... but it hasn't had the effect for PS3 that Halo had for the Xbox. PS3 still doesn't have a flagship first-person shooter of that kind of calibre. Killzone 2 is that game. It just looks incredible.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
Re:12 Killzone 2 Vids from Single Player - Dec 05, 2008 01:28
Vids are vids. If the game "feels" like shit like R2, or Killzone 1, it'll be pointless. It did look pretty, though.
Johnny Jiron

• Total Posts : 434
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
Re:Gamersyde removed vids found new site with 13 - Dec 06, 2008 10:38
I'm grinding my teeth at the comments about the textures.  What the fuck do you expect when they only have 256MB to work with?  They did an excellent job at managing the PS3s resources.  Yeah I wish this came out on PC instead, but for the PS3 it's fucking amazing.  Although i should reserve my judgment until i see how bad aliasing turns out to be.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Gamersyde removed vids found new site with 13 - Dec 07, 2008 16:51
Ill withhold judgement till i get to play it. It doesnt seem like its anything special run of the mill shooter with great graphics for a console game.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
Re:Gamersyde removed vids found new site with 13 - Dec 07, 2008 16:59
Yeah, but if the mill churns out a phenominal first-person shooter, does it need to expand on the core concept?
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
Re:Gamersyde removed vids found new site with 13 - Dec 08, 2008 11:50
gamersyde must be retarded something in their head must be seriously ill. 
They thought they could upload 1 hour of HD gameplay footage?
Yeah,why havnt any other site done that already...douchebags.
<message edited by QuezcatoL on Dec 08, 2008 11:52>
immortaldanmx

Re:Gamersyde removed vids found new site with 13 - Dec 08, 2008 16:14
Vx Chemical

Ill withhold judgement till i get to play it. It doesnt seem like its anything special run of the mill shooter with great graphics for a console game.

Great graphics? I'll take shitty textures for $200, alex.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
Re:Gamersyde removed vids found new site with 13 - Dec 08, 2008 16:55
Eddie_the_Hated

Yeah, but if the mill churns out a phenominal first-person shooter, does it need to expand on the core concept?

If you want to herald it as the second coming of christ then it does need to expand a bit on the core concept, i like run of the mill shooters if they supply good action with a decent plot.

And ill most likely good this on day one and enjoy it, but im not overly impressed yet.
immortaldanmx

Re:Gamersyde removed vids found new site with 13 - Dec 09, 2008 03:41
Eddie_the_Hated

But we dont know if its great yet. This wouldnt be the first time a game was hyped through the roof then sucked. Going by GG's track record it'll be shit, but Im willing to give it a shot. Im just not buying the hype until I play it. I've already been dissapointed by 1 shooter recently (Gears 2).

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll