Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sega buffed +12 intellect?!?
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
Sega buffed +12 intellect?!? - Mar 28, 2005 22:20
You know, I' m really impressed by the moves Sega has made within the past year to prep for next gen. While they dropped the 2k line (thanks EA), they are ever expanding their relationship with other developers as well as making some great acquisitions. They look to have a killer next gen launch game in Condemned. They recently picked up Silicon Knights whom have gotten a lot of praise for Eternal Darkness. And even though they were laughed at for publishing the Matrix MMO, given all the Matrix heads, that' s a potentially good business move for them. I think Sega is starting to realize they can' t support every genre themselves and there' s no shame in making money off other developers. Which of course could work out great for Sega (whom mind you posted a profit in recent years) because the more money they have the better their games will be.

Overall I' m looking forward to what Sega does nextgen. Not just what they develop themselves, but what they get developed from other devs. The only thing I wonder is, exactly who is controlling Sega' s hand? Is it Sega' s president or Sammy' s. Because I don' t think Sega themselves would have been wise enough to make the changes they' ve made.
< Message edited by lotusson -- 29 Mar 05 14:13:49 >
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Sega buffed +12 intellect?!? - Mar 29, 2005 05:50
I too and glad that Sega has seen the light and decided to allow other developers to actually make some games that Sega can put their name on and collect the big $$.

The next-gen lineup does look quite impressive...Sega will have to be on top of their game to come out well in this next round.

I wish the best for Sega...
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Sega buffed +12 intellect?!? - Mar 29, 2005 18:32
You' ve really been playing too much WoW, lol.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Sega buffed +12 intellect?!? - Mar 29, 2005 21:26
Yeah I have. I' ve been grinding like mad these past couple days.
Chad

• Total Posts : 6
RE: Sega buffed +12 intellect?!? - Apr 01, 2005 21:24
Yes, even though Sega did abandon it' s fans (loyal ones that have been with it since their childhood), they seem to be getting their footing again.
Just last week I picked up Shining Tears, the continuation to the famous Shining series which rivaled the Phantasy Star series :)
I' m very pleased.
GodOfWar

• Total Posts : 49
RE: Sega buffed +12 intellect?!? - Apr 02, 2005 16:06
i dont even know if sega is going to make games for next gen
captain Qball

• Total Posts : 30
RE: Sega buffed +12 intellect?!? - Apr 02, 2005 16:55
Yes, they will.

They aren' t going to go out of business, nor will they make games for dying consoles. What other option do they have? try making hardware again?
The fact that they are purchasing more companies only imporves the chances of them making games in the future.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll